View Poll Results: Is the Democratic Party communist?

Voters
2712. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the 10 pillars of communism align with the core beliefs of the dems

    8 0.29%
  • No, they might be similar but there are minor differences

    2,704 99.71%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 90

Thread: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    The problem with your argument is that lets say the entire DNC national platform were enacted. The country would not become a Marxist nation as a result of that. It would not even become anything close to a Marxist nation as a result of that. At most we would look a little more like Canada - a nation that still has private property, privately owned businesses, markets and so on.
    That's where you're wrong. We would be straight up communists. The reason being, the dems push us further and further in that direction every time they win an election. And as the country moves further to the left.... so do they!

    Like a pair of cement shoes, they're always dragging us down.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Their philosophy is more Marxist than anything else but it's not "pure" Marxism, mostly because "pure" Marxism has a very well deserved bad reputation. It's not red but some shade of pink; hence the very appropriate classification: "pinko".

    The literature and philosophy of the Communist Party USA (cpusa.org) is so similar to that of democrats that I wonder why they're separate parties. I think that it's because democrats are too embarrassed to admit they're Marxists. Or, maybe even more likely, Marxists are too embarrassed to admit they're democrats.
    Correct. I wonder why we can see it, but the Dems continue to deny it. If you're gonna have communist leanings, just admit that you're a communist. Don't try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    This entire thread is utterly absurd. Your premise is breathtakingly stupid and chock full of inaccuracies, distortions and flat-out lies.

    0/10.
    What I really want to know is why are so many Dems in denial about what they are? Do you think you can pull the wool over everyone's eyes? If you're gonna be a communist, be a communist loud and proud.

  4. #54
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    What I really want to know is why are so many Dems in denial about what they are? Do you think you can pull the wool over everyone's eyes? If you're gonna be a communist, be a communist loud and proud.
    Well, wasn't sure if you'd double down on the falsehoods, but you managed.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Well, wasn't sure if you'd double down on the falsehoods, but you managed.
    I mean, the poll is running at 50/50 right now, so clearly about half the people on this forum think the dems are communists. That's a public opinion poll. And the kicker is... 75% of this site's members AT LEAST are liberals.

  6. #56
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    LMAO. The Communist Manifesto isn't a blog,
    Did I claim it was a blog? No.

    it's a book written by Karl Marx over a hundred years ago.
    No way man!

    That's where I got the list from,
    Sure you did. What page can this "10 pillars" be found in the manifesto? Because it seems like your list is from here The Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx Just so happens to be in the exact order... Coincidence?

    you self-proclaimed "socialist."
    Thank you for reinforcing that I am in fact a socialist.

    Learn a thing or two about your own belief system, my goodness.
    Well one I'm not a c(C)ommunist, nor am I a marxian socialist.


    You're like a Christian who doesn't know what the Bible is. Now I've heard it all.
    I mean, you literally just ranted about something with out any factual resources sooo yea...


  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Another "no vote"
    Why ?
    I will not be controlled .
    Your poll is silly and biased ..

  8. #58
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I mean, the poll is running at 50/50 right now, so clearly about half the people on this forum think the dems are communists. That's a public opinion poll. And the kicker is... 75% of this site's members AT LEAST are liberals.
    1. You do realize that non-members can vote in the polls section, multiple times?
    2. You do realize there is nothing scientific about the poll?

    Where on earth are you getting 75 percent from?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #59
    Student Cavendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    269

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Sure you did. What page can this "10 pillars" be found in the manifesto?
    At the end of the second section, Proletarians and Communists. Word for word.

    On topic, the Democratic Party espouses a watered-down version of Marxism. It takes inspirations from the ideology's core tenets, just as all forms of progressivism do. Its class-warfare rhetoric is undeniably Marxist in origin. However some of the party's policies have been compromised from where dedicated Marxists would like them. I'd also wager that the race/feminist theory that comes out of the Dems' far left faction is purely Marxist. It even has momentum in the "moderate" echelons of the party.

    The Democrats have worked to implement most of the original planks of communism. That's a fact. An uncomfortable fact, but a fact nonetheless. What's also a fact is that the Dems are collectivists and for big government, at essence.
    It was not part of their blood,
    It came to them very late,
    With long arrears to make good,
    When the Saxon began to hate.

  10. #60
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,317

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I took a quick look at your poll.

    It sucks and I won't be voting.
    Yeah....look at the choices.

    Either totally communist.

    Or almost communist with a few minor differences.

    Poll: Is the Democratic Party communist?


    Yes, the 10 pillars of communism align with the core beliefs of the dems
    No, they might be similar but there are minor differences

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •