View Poll Results: Should we add "slightly Republican" to the political lean on Debate Politics?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we should, not all Republicans are conservative

    7 6.54%
  • No, I consider all Republicans, conservatives

    93 86.92%
  • The new Call of Duty is horrible. I liked Call of Duty Ghosts better.

    7 6.54%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 124

Thread: Debate Politics change in political lean?

  1. #71
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Nonsense. What it requires is a President who wants to enforce existing immigration laws. Aliens continue to flood into this country illegally because Mr. Obama, for political reasons, wants them to. A few years ago, Arizona tried to enact SB 1070, a very modern, well-designed statute that required state officials to enforce federal immigration laws. Obama sued to prevent Arizona from enforcing them, on the ground his authority to determine immigration policy trumped the state's.
    I'm convinced you're missing the nuance of my position.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  2. #72
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Republican is a party not a "lean". Unless you mean "republican". Just as Democrat is a party and not a lean. But "democrat" (meaning favoring democracy) I guess is...


  3. #73
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Everybody's a special snowflake. There's not enough options to placate them all, so just leave it as undisclosed and tell us all yourself.

  4. #74
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    It has been my experience that the VAST majority of people on chat/debate sites are VERY closed minded...they will argue 2+2=3 (if they believe it) forEVER...no matter what evidence you present to the contrary.

    I see little reason to waste my time on them.

    When I see someone new, I try and give them the benefit of the doubt. But as soon as it is obvious their mind is closed, I tune them out on that issue.

    However, I am open to new information...so if someone - anyone - offers links to unbiased, factual information, THAT interests me.

    But opinions that are not backed up with facts or common sense mean little to me.
    To a great degree, I agree with you. Sometimes I get the feeling that some people have this deep seated need to win the debate more so than be right.

    There's a small handful of people here that I will rarely engage, because I feel their sole purpose for being here is just to push buttons and get others riled up.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    To a great degree, I agree with you. Sometimes I get the feeling that some people have this deep seated need to win the debate more so than be right.

    There's a small handful of people here that I will rarely engage, because I feel their sole purpose for being here is just to push buttons and get others riled up.
    Change 'small handful' to 'large minority of regular posters' and I agree with you completely.

    Finding more then a tiny handful of people that actually admit they are wrong on here is like finding a dog who speaks Russian fluently...time consuming and probably impossible.

  6. #76
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Change 'small handful' to 'large minority of regular posters' and I agree with you completely.

    Finding more then a tiny handful of people that actually admit they are wrong on here is like finding a dog who speaks Russian fluently...time consuming and probably impossible.
    What has been bothering me lately is seeing people come in who are thoughtful and intelligent posters, and I watch them degenerate into sniping jerks. I feel like they're subconsciously defending themselves from the other sniping jerks by becoming one of them.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    What has been bothering me lately is seeing people come in who are thoughtful and intelligent posters, and I watch them degenerate into sniping jerks. I feel like they're subconsciously defending themselves from the other sniping jerks by becoming one of them.
    That is why I have a TON of people on my Ignore List (it's up to 61)...and I have no hesitation to increase it.

    Why should I have my day negatively affected/wasted to even the smallest degree by faceless/nameless trolls who hide behind computer screens and who obviously are here for little other reason then to try and pawn their unhappiness off on to others?


    Additional...just upped it to 62 from another thread.

    Last edited by DA60; 01-29-15 at 11:42 PM.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,962
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I always struggle with my "lean". I feel your pain.

    I'm fiscally very conservative.
    I'm socially moderate.
    I mostly vote for the Republican candidate.
    I often vote for the Democratic candidate.
    I sometimes vote for the Libertarian candidate.

    I'm a mess.

    This thread would probably be better placed in the "Feedback" section since this would be a moderator decision.
    Tell me about it, try being a Reform Party Member. The closest thing is other.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #79
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    That is why I have a TON of people on my Ignore List (it's up to 61)...and I have no hesitation to increase it.

    Why should I have my day negatively affected/wasted to even the smallest degree by faceless/nameless trolls who hide behind computer screens and who obviously are here for little other reason then to try and pawn their unhappiness off on to others?


    Additional...just upped it to 62 from another thread.

    I have two... and I don't think either of them are active anymore.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Change 'small handful' to 'large minority of regular posters' and I agree with you completely.

    Finding more then a tiny handful of people that actually admit they are wrong on here is like finding a dog who speaks Russian fluently...time consuming and probably impossible.
    I think you are dead wrong about all that. Why don't you just admit it?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •