View Poll Results: Should we add "slightly Republican" to the political lean on Debate Politics?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we should, not all Republicans are conservative

    7 6.54%
  • No, I consider all Republicans, conservatives

    93 86.92%
  • The new Call of Duty is horrible. I liked Call of Duty Ghosts better.

    7 6.54%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 124

Thread: Debate Politics change in political lean?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    I put it here because of the option to have a poll.
    You can add a poll to any thread anywhere you make it.

    The Polls Forum allows unregistered guests to cast a vote, while only members can vote in all other polls.

  2. #92
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    /thread
    Only my posts get to do that.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You can add a poll to any thread anywhere you make it.

    The Polls Forum allows unregistered guests to cast a vote, while only members can vote in all other polls.
    LOL gotcha, didn't know that, thanks

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That sounds suspiciously like those who choose "Libertarian" because they are too ashamed to admit that they are Republican.
    Wow, you assume the best in people, don't you? lol

    I'm asking to be associated with Republicans, not against them.

    If I'm only a little bit fiscally conservative (that's the only kind of conservative), yet I'm liberal on many instances, but fit the definition of actual Republicanism (political tests put me a Center-Right), why is my request not "fitting" to you?

    I'm literally a centrist who leans Republican, not conservative. In fact, I'm more liberal than conservative.

    It's attitudes like yours that really make me wonder....Best of luck with all of your future pessimism

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    LOL gotcha, didn't know that, thanks
    And when you make a poll thread, you have to say in your OP "making the poll" or somesuch or else some jackass will always post "where's the poll" because they've never made a poll and don't realize that it takes a couple minutes. Then later everyone else sees your poll and thread and everything looks normal except for that jackass who couldn't wait 1-2 whole minutes for you to finish typing out the poll question and answers and checking anon or public or moltichoice or etc and it sort of throws the whole thread off but that jackass doesn't care because he's long gon anyway he couldn't even wait for the poll to be made not to mention sticking around for a nuanced discussion over the next few days....then after the poll is up you can edit your OP to remove "making the poll" or whatever.

    Run-on sentences ftw
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-30-15 at 10:08 AM.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    And when you make a poll thread, you have to say in your OP "making the poll" or somesuch or else some jackass will always post "where's the poll" because they've never made a poll and don't realize that it takes a couple minutes. Then later everyone else sees your poll and thread and everything looks normal except for that jackass who couldn't wait 1-2 whole minutes for you to finish typing out the poll question and answers and checking anon or public or moltichoice or etc and it sort of throws the whole thread off but that jackass doesn't care because he's long gon anyway we couldn't even wait for the poll to be made not to mention sticking around for a nuanced discussion over the next few days....then after the poll is up you can edit your OP to remove "making the poll" or whatever.

    Run-on sentences ftw
    Looking at other threads I now see what you mean

  7. #97
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    When filling out my Bio, I wanted to list my accurate political lean. I am not slightly conservative, but I am more Republican than a centrist. Political tests put me at "right-leaning centrist". However, my right-leaning views aren't really conservative, more general Republicanism. I'm a social liberal too.

    What do you guys think? Could we add the choice "slightly Republican"?
    All political sides in the test have the best solutions to certain issues. I usually click 2 on each. Then each sides' points cancel each other out and I am left near centrist, which I am not.

    The political test does not seems to work for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  8. #98
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I was far too young when Goldwater ran to support him or vote for him, but from what I know about him, he'd be the ideal candidate for me today.
    I have always viewed you as a neo-Dixiecrat, thanks for the confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #99
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,504
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    It has been my experience that the VAST majority of people on chat/debate sites are VERY closed minded...they will argue 2+2=3 (if they believe it) forEVER...no matter what evidence you present to the contrary.

    I see little reason to waste my time on them.

    When I see someone new, I try and give them the benefit of the doubt. But as soon as it is obvious their mind is closed, I tune them out on that issue.

    However, I am open to new information...so if someone - anyone - offers links to unbiased, factual information, THAT interests me.

    But opinions that are not backed up with facts or common sense mean little to me.
    Holding a belief or strong conviction about something is not the same thing as being 'close minded', but unfortunately on message boards, there are always those numbnuts who accuse people of some form of fanaticism because they do hold a certain belief or a strong conviction. But that is irrelevant as to whether we can articulate a rationale for our belief or conviction. Those who cannot are almost certainly just parroting what somebody else said or wrote just because it sounds good to them or they are just being jerks or worse just for the fun of it. Just like those who can't discuss any topic without making an insulting comment about those with whom they disagree.

    My goal is not to change somebody else's mind, but to reassure myself that my own beliefs and convictions are based on something defensible. In the process I occasionally learn from others and I hope others will sometimes get something worthwhile from what I post.

    A discussion does not always have to have winners or losers or result in agreement in order to be worthwhile. But those who are truly close minded can't see that.

    And in any case there is no classification offered on the 'lean' options that fit my own sociopolitical ideology.
    Last edited by AlbqOwl; 01-30-15 at 04:09 PM.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  10. #100
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Debate Politics change in political lean?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Everyone wants a bigger government, we all just differ on which parts we want bigger.
    sorry no, i am for smaller government, reduced to the confines of the constitution.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •