View Poll Results: Is this commercial really that bad?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pull it. Pull it now!!

    35 71.43%
  • I'm mad at myself for chuckling

    4 8.16%
  • It's hilarious!

    5 10.20%
  • I'm just glad the little guy has a new home where people love him

    5 10.20%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 125

Thread: Is it really that bad?

  1. #111
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Is it really that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm not left wing and I'm not a Progressive, and I object to the ad. The objection came from animal rescuers. We aren't tied to any political lean.
    It's fictional, you know these are all actors right? No puppies harmed in making of
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  2. #112
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Is it really that bad?

    Godaddy always has controversial ads, anyone remember the one with Danica Patrick ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  3. #113
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,022

    Re: Is it really that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It's fictional, you know these are all actors right? No puppies harmed in making of
    I assume this was a rhetorical post for some reason?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #114
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Is it really that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    It's a genetic abnormality. Like albinism.
    Abnormality in what sense, though? That's what I'm asking.

    Also, is it naturally occurring like albinism, or is it selectively bred?

    Pretty much all breeds are genetically abnormal and were bred specifically for desired traits. There would be no such thing as a basset hound at all, for example, if not for that. And many breeds are known to have their own potential for unique health issues because of this. It's not new.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #115
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Is it really that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Godaddy always has controversial ads, anyone remember the one with Danica Patrick ?
    I do and thought those were even dumber, and less relevant to web hosting, than this one.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #116
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Is it really that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I assume this was a rhetorical post for some reason?
    Yeah people are way too offended over this
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  7. #117
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,022

    Re: Is it really that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Abnormality in what sense, though? That's what I'm asking.

    Also, is it naturally occurring like albinism, or is it selectively bred?

    Pretty much all breeds are genetically abnormal and were bred specifically for desired traits. There would be no such thing as a basset hound at all, for example, if not for that. And many breeds are known to have their own potential for unique health issues because of this. It's not new.
    It is a genetic abnormality that poor breeders attempt to replicate through the mating of parents with the same genetic abnormality. And blue Bassets like albinos come with major health risks. No reputable breeder would ever intentionally breed a blue Basset, and only stupid people think a genetic abnormality is something that should be marketed as "rare" and "cool" and charge gullible clueless people double the price.

    Basset Hounds were bred over 3 centuries ago for specific purposes. They weren't bred to have a blue genetic abnormality that is dangerous to the dogs. And it has nothing to do with the potential of other health issues, which many dogs carry (Goldens with hip issues, Bulldogs with respiratory issues, Basset Hounds with back issues). Nobody is saying anything about stopping the breeding of dogs. Just like a child can be born with health issues. Smart parents don't intentionally seek out those issues.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #118
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,022

    Re: Is it really that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Yeah people are way too offended over this
    So don't be offended.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #119
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Is it really that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Basset Hounds were bred over 3 centuries ago for specific purposes. They weren't bred to have a blue genetic abnormality that is dangerous to the dogs. And it has nothing to do with the potential of other health issues, which many dogs carry (Goldens with hip issues, Bulldogs with respiratory issues, Basset Hounds with back issues). Nobody is saying anything about stopping the breeding of dogs. Just like a child can be born with health issues. Smart parents don't intentionally seek out those issues.
    Ok, next question: What is the abnormality of a "blue" basset that is dangerous? More dangerous than health issues other breeds may suffer? (You still haven't said what this abnormality is.)

    Also, the potential specific health issues that many breeds have wasn't intentional either, but it was still part of the end result. How long ago the breed was developed is neither here nor there.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #120
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,143

    Re: Is it really that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yeah, there was a big story on the news about a huge puppy mill that got busted sometime last year. Makes me so sad. I can't wait to get my own place so I can go adopt a dog, and save them from the shelter. An older one, too. The ones that most people just look past. You can find the best dogs that way.
    They're wonderful. Nothing loves like a shelter animal.

    I got my kitty as an adult from a shelter. When I first met her, she was so terrified she wouldn't come out of her kennel. She had to be fostered because she was so anxious in a shelter environment they were worried she'd self-harm. She apparently never came out in her previous home (untrained dogs and children -- she was constantly being "hunted" and they don't seem to have given any consideration to her needs).

    A year and a half later, she's a complete lover. She's out and about all the time, even with new people over. She follows me like a shadow, and even took the move across the Atlantic in stride. She loves the birdwatching over here.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •