View Poll Results: Would You Consider Voting For Gov. Gary Johnson?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely!!

    14 13.21%
  • Yes, But Only If My Preferred GOP Candidate Loses.

    4 3.77%
  • Yes, But Only If My Preferred Dem Candidate Loses.

    2 1.89%
  • Strong Maybe, Leaning Yes.

    3 2.83%
  • Meh. It Could Happen. Not Making Any Promises Though.

    6 5.66%
  • I Like Him And Support His Run, But No...

    13 12.26%
  • No Way.

    64 60.38%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 111

Thread: Gary Johnson

  1. #81
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Gary Johnson

    Yes, I will vote for the libertarian.



    The oddest thing though are the left wingers who will vote for the libertarian or thier favorite far left statist kook like sanders, or the green party.


    I haven't been able to understand this. Libertarians believe you are the master of your own destiny, sanders and the green party do not, it's a fundamental core philosophy differences from the two.

    Let me ask, would you be happy in gary johnsons libertarian society? the green parties, sanders? answer all three or none please. and explain.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #82
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,559

    Re: Gary Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    1. I can't speak for others, but I've voted for Romney my entire voting life 2008 onwards. I agree 95% with his platform.
    2. I never said I was more noble, I said it just makes sense, for candidates to use Obama methods instead of what your ignorant candidates have done in the past.
    So in the next election the GOP nominates someone who doesn't represent you at all. What do you do?

    - Vote for the guy you don't want.
    - Vote for a third party that better represents you
    - Don't vote.

    The fact that you come in here and mock us for taking option #2 is rather ridiculous. Will Gary Johnson win the 2016 election? No, probably not. However, if he can get a decent % of the voter base the party could be seen as more viable and people like yourself wouldn't make the idiotic argument that we should all vote for the lesser evil. When you do that you're still electing evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #83
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Gary Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    1. I can't speak for others, but I've voted for Romney my entire voting life 2008 onwards. I agree 95% with his platform.
    2. I never said I was more noble, I said it just makes sense, for candidates to use Obama methods instead of what your ignorant candidates have done in the past.
    How does it make sense? If anything, voting to (re-)elect someone you know you'll dislike makes even less sense than voting for someone you like but know has no chance of winning.

    If you vote for a 3rd party or independent, because you actually approve of the majority of their views, at the least when the country remains crap in a hand basket you can honestly proclaim, "Don't blame me. I didn't do it." If you vote for the status quo, you've really forfeited any legitimate right to complain.

    Note: Points made presume the whole of society, not just you.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #84
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Gary Johnson

    Sometimes I feel like people who insist on voting for a candidate that has a chance of winning are actually insecure. Insecure in the sense that they need to identify with the group rather than stand up for their principles.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #85
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,576
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Gary Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    How does it make sense? If anything, voting to (re-)elect someone you know you'll dislike makes even less sense than voting for someone you like but know has no chance of winning.

    If you vote for a 3rd party or independent, because you actually approve of the majority of their views, at the least when the country remains crap in a hand basket you can honestly proclaim, "Don't blame me. I didn't do it." If you vote for the status quo, you've really forfeited any legitimate right to complain.

    Note: Points made presume the whole of society, not just you.
    I don't use my vote for a social agenda for change. I pick who I like and vote for him/her. I'm also not complaining about the state of the nation. Never have. Here, on this thread, I'm just complaining about the antics of certain libertarians.
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  6. #86
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Gary Johnson

    I doubt I will be voting for any 3rd party candidate. I'd prefer to vote for someone who has an actual shot at winning.


    Unless the main title ticket is between two utter a-holes I can't see any difference between....

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #87
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Gary Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Sometimes I feel like people who insist on voting for a candidate that has a chance of winning are actually insecure. Insecure in the sense that they need to identify with the group rather than stand up for their principles.


    More like concerned that "bleh" will lose and "worse" will win, if they don't.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #88
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,576
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Gary Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So in the next election the GOP nominates someone who doesn't represent you at all. What do you do?

    - Vote for the guy you don't want.
    - Vote for a third party that better represents you
    - Don't vote.

    The fact that you come in here and mock us for taking option #2 is rather ridiculous. Will Gary Johnson win the 2016 election? No, probably not. However, if he can get a decent % of the voter base the party could be seen as more viable and people like yourself wouldn't make the idiotic argument that we should all vote for the lesser evil. When you do that you're still electing evil.
    We'll see. In 2008 I didn't vote McCain. I wrote in Romney. A lot of his supporters did that. I highly doubt this time it will be someone I don't like. It will probably be Bush. Which I will be ecstatic to vote for since I was too young to vote for his Brother.
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  9. #89
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Gary Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I doubt I will be voting for any 3rd party candidate. I'd prefer to vote for someone who has an actual shot at winning.


    Unless the main title ticket is between two utter a-holes I can't see any difference between....


    Voting for the "lesser of two evils" is the reason we are where we are today.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #90
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,559

    Re: Gary Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    We'll see. In 2008 I didn't vote McCain. I wrote in Romney. A lot of his supporters did that. I highly doubt this time it will be someone I don't like. It will probably be Bush. Which I will be ecstatic to vote for since I was too young to vote for his Brother.
    So let me get this straight. You wrote in Romney, who had zero chance of winning because he wasn't even running anymore, then you come in here and whine about us wasting our votes? Jesus, you're just here to ****ing troll aren't you?

    Are you here to try to convince us to vote for the GOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Sometimes I feel like people who insist on voting for a candidate that has a chance of winning are actually insecure. Insecure in the sense that they need to identify with the group rather than stand up for their principles.
    I agree, for them it becomes more about "My team won the election" instead of what's better for the country or what he or she believes in. But hey, without that mentality who would derail our threads with snide remarks about 'winning'?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •