View Poll Results: Present end date for deal- July 2015- Negotiations fail?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • New sanctions should be passed during negotiations -No

    5 5.62%
  • New sanctions should be passed during negotiations -Yes

    81 91.01%
  • Iran with Nukes a threat- Yes

    5 5.62%
  • Iran with Nukes a threat- No

    55 61.80%
  • Iran with Nukes can be contained –Yes

    55 61.80%
  • Iran with Nukes can be contained -No

    0 0%
  • Negotiations fail- There will be War – Yes

    1 1.12%
  • Negotiations fail- There will be War – No

    57 64.04%
  • If War- Air –Sea only –No assets on the ground

    80 89.89%
  • If War–All capability

    3 3.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72

Thread: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

  1. #61
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,801

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    So it would seem to some that we are already well beyond the period we promised to hold off on new sanctions. Sanctions are what brought Iran to the table, not sure why a provision that says if we don't get a deal there will be more sanctions.

    It would appear that the folks against new sanctions are the ones who want the talks to fail.
    I disagree - I stated earlier these negotiations would be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    I disagree - I stated earlier these negotiations would be difficult.
    People knew going in what the parameters of a deal would look like. Similar to the Israeli and Palestinian negotiations. If both sides wanted a deal there was one that could have been had in six months. To say that we have a time limit of 18 months, not to stop negotiating but to use the stick as well as the carrot seems legitimate if you really are interested in a deal. We know the U.S. we sign to almost anything that is even close to something they can sell to the public, so you know we aren't being the tough negotiators but that Iran seems to be.

    So if the above is close to correct, what would you do to close a deal if not up the pressure?

  3. #63
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,801

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    People knew going in what the parameters of a deal would look like. Similar to the Israeli and Palestinian negotiations. If both sides wanted a deal there was one that could have been had in six months. To say that we have a time limit of 18 months, not to stop negotiating but to use the stick as well as the carrot seems legitimate if you really are interested in a deal. We know the U.S. we sign to almost anything that is even close to something they can sell to the public, so you know we aren't being the tough negotiators but that Iran seems to be.

    So if the above is close to correct, what would you do to close a deal if not up the pressure?
    That is your opinion.
    The majority of sanctions are still in place- Yes.
    Negotiations fail- how long for Congress to pass new sanctions- a few weeks?
    From earlier with some questions.
    Did you think such a complex set of negotiations would be settled quickly- Hardliners on each side?
    Iran no matter what has the tech to build a bomb.
    Now why do they want the bomb? Waiting for an answer. on this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  4. #64
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,801

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    The Netanyahu Disaster - Defense One
    For several years, Netanyahu and President Obama, despite their mutual loathing, worked more or less in tandem on this issue. Netanyahu traveled the world arguing for stringent sanctions, and Obama did much the same. In fact, Obama used Netanyahu’s tough posture to America’s advantage: On several occasions, Obama and officials in his administration played good cop/bad cop, telling other world leaders that toughening sanctions on Iran would be the only way to forestall an Israeli attack, and this line of argument often proved effective.

    Another flaw: The Obama administration is trying to create conditions so that if the negotiations do collapse, it will be the Iranians who get the blame, not the Americans. Legislating new sanctions—even delayed, triggered sanctions—would give the Iranians the excuse to quit negotiations and blame the U.S. Such a situation would not help Obama maintain the strong international sanctions regime that has stayed in place through the past year of talks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    That is your opinion.
    The majority of sanctions are still in place- Yes.
    Negotiations fail- how long for Congress to pass new sanctions- a few weeks?
    From earlier with some questions.
    Did you think such a complex set of negotiations would be settled quickly- Hardliners on each side?
    Iran no matter what has the tech to build a bomb.
    Now why do they want the bomb? Waiting for an answer. on this one
    I think they want a bomb for the same reason they have given Hezbollah tens of thousands of missiles. And the reason they are are in Syria, Iraq and now Yemen. They want to have control the middle east.

  6. #66
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,801

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    I think they want a bomb for the same reason they have given Hezbollah tens of thousands of missiles. And the reason they are are in Syria, Iraq and now Yemen. They want to have control the middle east.
    Fair answer. It also prevents an invasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Fair answer. It also prevents an invasion.
    True, as has been proven by North Korea.

  8. #68
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    The neoconservative movement has it's roots in the Democratic Party
    Funny we don't see more of it then.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #69
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Funny we don't see more of it then.
    I'm not sure how to take this. Are you arguing that the neoconservative movement didn't start in the Democratic Party or are you curious why the early neocons left the Democratic Party?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  10. #70
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    I'm not sure how to take this. Are you arguing that the neoconservative movement didn't start in the Democratic Party or are you curious why the early neocons left the Democratic Party?
    I'm saying if indeed the roots of neo-conservatism started in the Democratic Party - I'm curious as to why we (the American Public) doesn't see more typical neo-conservative policy, behavior or views in the Democratic party. The Blue Dogs are now I think extinct who were the moderates - what was considered a "classical" Liberal say in 1965 would now be considered typically conservative or even share views of the Tea Party. I guess my conclusion is that the Democrats have moved so far left in the past 50 years that there are no traces of such roots left in the Democratic Party.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •