View Poll Results: Present end date for deal- July 2015- Negotiations fail?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • New sanctions should be passed during negotiations -No

    5 5.62%
  • New sanctions should be passed during negotiations -Yes

    81 91.01%
  • Iran with Nukes a threat- Yes

    5 5.62%
  • Iran with Nukes a threat- No

    55 61.80%
  • Iran with Nukes can be contained –Yes

    55 61.80%
  • Iran with Nukes can be contained -No

    0 0%
  • Negotiations fail- There will be War – Yes

    1 1.12%
  • Negotiations fail- There will be War – No

    57 64.04%
  • If War- Air –Sea only –No assets on the ground

    80 89.89%
  • If War–All capability

    3 3.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 72

Thread: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    And some people think senator bob menendez is full of crap..



    Bob Menendez needs to face up to his role in creating the Mideast mess: Mulshine | NJ.com

    Oh.....and like Iran isn't?


    Iran's parliament has started to draft a law that would allow the country's nuclear scientists to intensify their uranium enrichment, a step that could complicate ongoing talks with world powers. The move, announced Saturday by parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, comes after U.S. lawmakers said they were planning legislation that could place new sanctions on Iran. "This bill will allow the government to continue enrichment, using new generation centrifuges," he said, referring to more modern machines that would speed up production.....snip~

    Iran Lawmakers Drafting Law on Nuclear Enrichment Hike

  2. #12
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oh.....and like Iran isn't?


    Iran's parliament has started to draft a law that would allow the country's nuclear scientists to intensify their uranium enrichment, a step that could complicate ongoing talks with world powers. The move, announced Saturday by parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, comes after U.S. lawmakers said they were planning legislation that could place new sanctions on Iran. "This bill will allow the government to continue enrichment, using new generation centrifuges," he said, referring to more modern machines that would speed up production.....snip~

    Iran Lawmakers Drafting Law on Nuclear Enrichment Hike
    Odd...

    The u.s announces that it is considering legislation to implement further sanctions on Iran.
    If negotiations fail, then a couple days later Iran announces that it is considering legislation to speed up development of its nuke program.

    Gee it feels like that Iran is acting in response to what we are doing.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations



    Point being the Democrat is not a Neo Con.....and showing Hillary didn't help your case.




    Hillary Clinton whiffs on Iran, embraces Obama’s policy.....

    According to news reports, she backed the extension of the P5+1 talks and insulted critics of the administration, insisting, “Forget about the press coverage and the back and forth. Nobody can argue with the commitment of this administration to Israel’s security.” Really — no one legitimately can observe that the administration’s scurrilous comments about the prime minister (and bragging it is now too late for Israel to strike) damages Israel; that accusing sanctions proponents of being “war mongers” undercuts the military option and may inhibit Israel if it needs to act in self-defense; that making concession after concession to Iran is cosigning Israel to live with a nuclear-capable genocidal state; that seeking detente with the country that pines for Israel’s destruction is injurious to Israel’s survival; that backing Hamas patron Qatar’s truce in the Gaza war and condemning Israel’s conduct of the war make it harder for the Jewish state to defend itself; that insisting negotiations with the Palestinians beginning from the unsustainable 1967 borders is a recipe for Israel’s insecurity; and that publicly blaming Israel for the collapse in peace talks feeds international efforts to delegitimize the Jewish state? Heck, Democrats have done all that.....snip~

    Hillary Clinton whiffs on Iran, embraces Obama’s policy - The Washington Post


    Hillary Clinton Supports Obama’s Opposition to New Iran Sanctions .....

    JNS.org - Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told a Canadian audience on Wednesday that she supports President Barack Obama’s threat to veto a new Iran sanctions bill. “Why do we want to be the catalyst for the collapse of negotiations?” Clinton asked during a speech in Winnipeg, in reference to a bill proposed by US Sens. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill).

    The new Menendez-Kirk bill expands on existing sanctions on Iran’s financial and energy sections, and would kick in if Iran and world powers fail to reach an agreement by the end of June. The Endowment of Middle East Truth (EMET) said Clinton “fails to grasp the meaning of the Menendez-Kirk legislation.” “Far from being a diplomatic handicap, the Menendez-Kirk sanctions legislation is a diplomatic guarantor that the negotiations will be a success. … It is patently clear that the bill serves as an incentive for successful negotiations,” said Sarah Stern, president of EMET.....snip~

    Hillary Clinton Supports Obama

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Odd...

    The u.s announces that it is considering legislation to implement further sanctions on Iran.
    If negotiations fail, then a couple days later Iran announces that it is considering legislation to speed up development of its nuke program.

    Gee it feels like that Iran is acting in response to what we are doing.

    Odd that 2 deadlines were allowed to pass.....despite Iran not willing to comply, with purposeful intent.


    Iranian Defense Minister Hossein Dehghan stated at a press conference on August 2014 that Iran’s missile capability issue was not included in the comprehensive talks with the P5+1 countries and "will by no means be negotiated with anyone".[156].....snip~

    Comprehensive agreement on Iranian nuclear program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  5. #15
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Odd that 2 deadlines were allowed to pass.....despite Iran not willing to comply, with purposeful intent.


    Iranian Defense Minister Hossein Dehghan stated at a press conference on August 2014 that Iran’s missile capability issue was not included in the comprehensive talks with the P5+1 countries and "will by no means be negotiated with anyone".[156].....snip~

    Comprehensive agreement on Iranian nuclear program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Greetings, MMC.

    Personally, I believe little of what we're being told. Iran, with the exception of the period when the Shah [which we helped install] ruled, has never been a friend of the West. It would not surprise me to learn that they never stopped working on being nuclear armed even when we were negotiating with them. It did buy them time, so I guess there is a reason why Israel keeps bombing their facilities from time to time - they are Iran's number one target.

    I wish I could find the article where Iran vehemently denied that something we were told was close to being agreed upon - they said it was never even discussed! I wondered at the time WTH was going on! Iran is still a major contributor to, and trainer of, the terrorists that are gobbling up other ME countries, and it doesn't seem to be lessening, does it? The elite live well, it's the people who are suffering under the sanctions. And let's not forget that Russia is an ally of Iran, and probably have their own game in play.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, MMC.

    Personally, I believe little of what we're being told. Iran, with the exception of the period when the Shah [which we helped install] ruled, has never been a friend of the West. It would not surprise me to learn that they never stopped working on being nuclear armed even when we were negotiating with them. It did buy them time, so I guess there is a reason why Israel keeps bombing their facilities from time to time - they are Iran's number one target.

    I wish I could find the article where Iran vehemently denied that something we were told was close to being agreed upon - they said it was never even discussed! I wondered at the time WTH was going on! Iran is still a major contributor to, and trainer of, the terrorists that are gobbling up other ME countries, and it doesn't seem to be lessening, does it? The elite live well, it's the people who are suffering under the sanctions. And let's not forget that Russia is an ally of Iran, and probably have their own game in play.

    That would be over their military facility Parchin, Lady P.....and their ballistics program.

  7. #17
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That would be over their military facility Parchin, Lady P.....and their ballistics program.
    So who was telling the truth? If Iran lied about that, can they be expected to honor any agreement that would be made if they have such faulty memories?

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    So who was telling the truth? If Iran lied about that, can they be expected to honor any agreement that would be made if they have such faulty memories?
    Put this way Lady P back in 2011.....the Saud, Qatar and the UAE talked with China to get them to push for Harder sanctions. They are still talking to them. The Saud have stated if Iran gets their Nuke. The Saud will have theirs too.

  9. #19
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Put this way Lady P back in 2011.....the Saud, Qatar and the UAE talked with China to get them to push for Harder sanctions. They are still talking to them. The Saud have stated if Iran gets their Nuke. The Saud will have theirs too.
    And now we are talking about lifting sanctions on Iran? Well I'm going to go with the Saud on this one, and I don't blame them or any other country who feels the same way! China, Russia and the US are the big boys in the UN, and those three countries you listed couldn't very well go to Russia, since Russia is an ally of Iran. Is it reasonable to assume that they fear a potential WW3 as a result of what's going on over there, and the way it's being handled?

  10. #20
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: P5 + 1- Iran Nuclear negotiations

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Put this way Lady P back in 2011.....the Saud, Qatar and the UAE talked with China to get them to push for Harder sanctions. They are still talking to them. The Saud have stated if Iran gets their Nuke. The Saud will have theirs too.
    Funny how ISIS is tearing the middle east asunder yet the saudi's and their allies are more worried about a country that belongs to the opposing religious sect.

    ISIS is the bigger threat here.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •