View Poll Results: What is your opinion on financial derivatives?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • All types of derivatives are dangerous & can cause serious damage to an economy

    73 62.39%
  • Certain types of derivatives are OK, but other, more complex types lead to major trouble

    40 34.19%
  • They are not dangerous & should only be the business of those involved

    0 0%
  • Other (please state)

    4 3.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Your Opinion On 'Derivatives'

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: Your Opinion On 'Derivatives'

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    First came the derivatives, THEN corps planted people in Gov to increase the "deals", (more fake mortgages), to increase derivatives profits.
    they did not care at all about home sales, or people at all.

    Read Reckless endangerment.

    To eliminate this "deal" incentive, you must eliminate all derivatives in home sales.

    of course the real solution is this. Ban the Mortgage.

    Attachment 67179407

    No mortgage. No leeching banker. N o wall street. USA did it for 100 years, we can do it again.
    You sound like the guys that promise murder will stop, when guns are forbidden.

  2. #42
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,981
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Your Opinion On 'Derivatives'

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    First came the derivatives, THEN corps planted people in Gov to increase the "deals", (more fake mortgages), to increase derivatives profits.
    they did not care at all about home sales, or people at all.

    Read Reckless endangerment.

    To eliminate this "deal" incentive, you must eliminate all derivatives in home sales.

    of course the real solution is this. Ban the Mortgage.

    Attachment 67179407

    No mortgage. No leeching banker. N o wall street. USA did it for 100 years, we can do it again.
    We also had slavery. We had no women in the workforce. We had child labor. We had 80 hour work weeks.


    Just because we used to do something, doesn't mean it was good.


    You can't tell me I'm not allowed to lend something that is mine to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  3. #43
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Your Opinion On 'Derivatives'

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    You sound like the guys that promise murder will stop, when guns are forbidden.
    When financial crimes are perfectly legal, then they are rampant.

    Watch Front line - catching a Trader.

    Funny how criminal negligence does not apply to wall street.............only main street.
    Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It and Why,
    Ian Fletcher

    https://www.numbersusa.org/

  4. #44
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Your Opinion On 'Derivatives'

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    We also had slavery. We had no women in the workforce. We had child labor. We had 80 hour work weeks.


    Just because we used to do something, doesn't mean it was good.


    You can't tell me I'm not allowed to lend something that is mine to someone else.
    Yes the Gov can regulate financial products.

    Yes you can loan to certain people, (Hamas or drug dealers not allowed you know) and no you should not be able to insure the loan. (ban CDO'CDS)
    Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It and Why,
    Ian Fletcher

    https://www.numbersusa.org/

  5. #45
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,981
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Your Opinion On 'Derivatives'

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    Yes the Gov can regulate financial products.

    Yes you can loan to certain people, (Hamas or drug dealers not allowed you know) and no you should not be able to insure the loan. (ban CDO'CDS)
    Now you're saying that I can't extend a service I offer for specific reasons.

    INSURING a loan is not the problem....FAILING to follow up on the promise MADE due to making TOO MANY, is the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  6. #46
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Your Opinion On 'Derivatives'

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Now you're saying that I can't extend a service I offer for specific reasons.

    INSURING a loan is not the problem....FAILING to follow up on the promise MADE due to making TOO MANY, is the problem.
    No, leveraging that insurance 100x with credit-default swaps is the problem.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  7. #47
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Your Opinion On 'Derivatives'

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Now you're saying that I can't extend a service I offer for specific reasons.

    INSURING a loan is not the problem....FAILING to follow up on the promise MADE due to making TOO MANY, is the problem.
    Yes, just like you have to have min standards for car, life, and home insurance. The GOV has t regulate.

    No min asset requirements in fantasy dirivitives, but for other normal insurance yes, they must pay out.

    Only thing I can see for loan insurance is the lloyds of London system. Other wise ban them.
    Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It and Why,
    Ian Fletcher

    https://www.numbersusa.org/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •