View Poll Results: Is there a moral obligation to repay money you borrow?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • If you borrow money, you are morally obligated to repay it.

    110 34.48%
  • I feel no moral obligation to repay loans I've taken out

    209 65.52%
Page 28 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 906

Thread: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?[W:461]

  1. #271
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    If you borrow money, do you feel there is a moral obligation to repay the money you borrowed?
    Morally, no. Legally, yes. The fact that one's credit rating is good enough to get a loan, probably indicates a standard of ethical behaviors and attitudes, but is the payment of the debt itself a moral issue? Not imo.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #272
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Why does everyone accuse me of justifying myself to avoid guilt! Wtf is with you people I am just giving my honest opinion

    (Sorry not you specifically but directed at multiple people)

    You people act as I secretly see things your way and feel some sense of shame or guilt. I don't get the reason behind these accusations pointed at me. What is your reasoning behind this accusation because I would like to believe its in good faith and not some stupid debate tactic
    We've all read your opinions. And seen your justification of your selective morality.

    Fine. It's all yours.
    Last edited by Lursa; 01-23-15 at 11:19 PM. Reason: fixed 'read'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Correct

    I'm certain that none of the sanctimonious posters in this thread were in a tizzy when banks foreclosed on homes and caused families with children to become homeless.

    It's business.
    What exactly is immoral about the bank doing exactly what they said they would?

  4. #274
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    We've all ready your opinions. And seen your justification of your selective morality.

    Fine. It's all yours.
    Wat??

    I think I know what your saying as as far as I can tell you are trying to imply I secretly see things your way. Oh well I guess I won't get my answer this day
    Last edited by tacomancer; 01-23-15 at 11:14 PM.

  5. #275
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Sigh. If you cost me less than penny that is what you cost. It doesn't matter if the treasury has anything for that amount.
    Except for practical purposes it is $.00 because its impossible to transact

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Wat??
    I think she meant read instead of ready.

  7. #277
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Correct

    I'm certain that none of the sanctimonious posters in this thread were in a tizzy when banks foreclosed on homes and caused families with children to become homeless.

    It's business.
    i'm pretty damned sanctimonious at times.... and I have a problem with our foreclosure mechanisms and polices.... it's the ethical egoism in me coming out

  8. #278
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I think she meant read instead of ready.
    Yeah as far as I can tell she thinks I can read her mind or something I dunno what the point of her post was

    People should just come out and say what they think instead of this sort of game which does nobody any good.

    Oh well its time for bed all I suspect will come is some more nudge nudge wink wink you know what I'm really saying from her which provides me no useful info so I will just drop the point

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Except for practical purposes it is $.00 because its impossible to transact
    If it was actually zero it wouldn't accumulate to be a considerable amount. For practical purposes and in reality cost is always cost.

  10. #280
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,840

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Whether it was a loan from a family member like parents or a loan you personally applied for through a lending agency, heck yes you should feel morally responsible to pay the money back.. Doesn't matter what the curcumstances, what you borrow you should feel obliged to pay back. If you don't, you are a worthless piece of dung for taking what you needed at the time at a cost to another.

Page 28 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •