View Poll Results: Is there a moral obligation to repay money you borrow?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • If you borrow money, you are morally obligated to repay it.

    110 34.48%
  • I feel no moral obligation to repay loans I've taken out

    209 65.52%
Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 906

Thread: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?[W:461]

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Heh if you say so

    But you called my view immoral so I will disagree as it brings your judgment into question
    All you need to know is that after this thread it's clear to me you're morally bankrupt and not trustworthy. I would never give you a loan or trust you for anything.

  2. #202
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    1. Please show me a bank that has finance managers even making decisions vs doing what the computer tells them to do after being programmed by statisticians.
    I used one in NJ which was the Roebling Bank - an independent who lent money to me based on a life insurance policy - no computer. It was a first for them and yes they got the main office (they had 6 branches) and since it was under $200,000 the branch signed off on it. This was what.... 6 years ago. They have since been bought. Roebling Bank is acquired by TF Financial for $14.5M | NJ.com

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    2. Please show me a financial institution where employment decisions are made on the basis of a single loan. (If its not within the plot of its a wonderful life, even better)
    I don't have an example - however can you say it never happens? Especially with say independent companies or small businesses? Oh that's right... they must be BAD at what they do and therefore deserve to be fired.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    The more I think of your scenario, the more I realize how stupid it is because the likelihood of fillings points 1, 2, and 3 above are astronomically low. All you are doing is getting outraged over a figment of your imagination which has nothing to do with how finance institutions operate.
    The more I think about justification for screwing people over and your quotes:

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer
    That's reality kid. Sorry you dislike it
    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer
    Yes, hopefully the person on the other end was smart enough to bind you in a contract. If not, its a life lesson for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer
    That person wasn't good enough at their job to assess risk correctly.

    And how it took 3 posts of yours to start justifying someone getting screwed, which totally proved my point - I see exactly how right I was. Thank you.


    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer
    But please continue this outrage, now that I understand what's going on in your mind, its entertaining to watch you fool yourself.
    Oh please, you stepped in it and now you're going to whine about ... blabla "continue your this outrage".

    It was entertaining for you to prove my point without realizing it and now watching your embarrassment and swinging in the wind.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #203
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    All you need to know is that after this thread it's clear to me you're morally bankrupt and not trustworthy. I would never give you a loan or trust you for anything.
    If you say so. People in real life find me quite trustworthy and entrust me with everything from secrets to their resume to helping manage their money. I have never cheated any individual and its quite against my moral code to do so.

    If you feel differently based on an anonymous forum, that's nice and quaint. But I will go with reality and my real interactions any day

  4. #204
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I used one in NJ which was the Roebling Bank - an independent who lent money to me based on a life insurance policy - no computer. It was a first for them and yes they got the main office (they had 6 branches) and since it was under $200,000 the branch signed off on it. This was what.... 6 years ago. They have since been bought. Roebling Bank is acquired by TF Financial for $14.5M | NJ.com

    I don't have an example - however can you say it never happens? Especially with say independent companies or small businesses? Oh that's right... they must be BAD at what they do and therefore deserve to be fired.

    The more I think about justification for screwing people over and your quotes:








    And how it took 3 posts of yours to start justifying someone getting screwed, which totally proved my point - I see exactly how right I was. Thank you.


    Oh please, you stepped in it and now you're going to whine about ... blabla "continue your this outrage".

    It was entertaining for you to prove my point without realizing it and now watching your embarrassment and swinging in the wind.
    I stepped into nothing but remain consistent with my views which I find no fault in (or else I would change them). The truth is you are looking for blame due to your own emotional needs so you can feel better about yourself for some archaic notion of how capitalism should work that died in the fifties (but was only invented in the twenties anyway). That's not my issue. I do wish you would be honest though as I have afforded you this simple courtesy. I do not appreciate your dishonesty in your accusations.

    But if you want to imagine my embarrassment please feel free, I don't feel much in the way of emotion right now to be honest. I am simply stating logic that you dislike
    Last edited by tacomancer; 01-23-15 at 09:29 PM.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    If you say so. People in real life find me quite trustworthy and entrust me with everything from secrets to their resume to helping manage their money. I have never cheated any individual and its quite against my moral code to do so.

    If you feel differently based on an anonymous forum, that's nice and quaint. But I will go with reality and my real interactions any day
    According to your own posts the only reason you play nice is because its to your benefit. Self centered much?

    This thread has also proven a suspicion I had about you. When you say something is a necessary evil you're actually talking about an understanding you have about yourself. You know certain laws are needed to keep you in check.
    Last edited by Henrin; 01-23-15 at 09:34 PM.

  6. #206
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    According to your own posts the only reason you play nice is because its to your benefit. Self centered much?
    That's capitalism, its based on being self centered. It's usually promoted as a virtue by its proponent except they like to use the phrase self interest.

    To put it in a more common parlance. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 01-23-15 at 09:36 PM.

  7. #207
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I stepped into nothing but remain consistent with my views which I find no fault in (or else I would change them). The truth is you are looking for blame due to your own emotional needs so you can feel better about yourself for some archaic notion of how capitalism should work that died in the fifties (but was only invented in the twenties anyway). That's not my issue. I do wish you would be honest though as I have afforded you this simple courtesy. I do not appreciate your dishonesty in your accusations.

    But if you want to imagine my embarrassment please feel free, I don't feel much in the way of emotion right now to be honest. I am simply stating logic that you dislike
    Thanks again for proving my point... don't be mad.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #208
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Thanks again for proving my point... don't be mad.
    Don't worry I ain't but this will be my post so you can have your last word and get a crack at the final definition of the debate in terms you feel are most favorable to you

  9. #209
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    According to your own posts the only reason you play nice is because its to your benefit. Self centered much?
    wasn't there a late 50's, early 60's writer whose moral positions continue to be embraced, especially by the libertarians, because she espoused self interested behavior

    or maybe you would prefer to shrug it off
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #210
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Are you morally obligated to repay a loan that you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Only if you respect yourself. Otherwise, lie, cheat and steal your way through- not like anyone will be surprised.
    This, with the addendum of bankruptcy if that's what it comes to.

Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •