View Poll Results: What is a Leftie?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thieving from the rich is their way to earn a living

    28 70.00%
  • Lazy, I mean dog lazy

    28 70.00%
  • Scared of hard work

    28 70.00%
  • Envious of people who have really made it and want their loot

    28 70.00%
  • Living high on the hog off social programs, yes they are.

    28 70.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

  1. #11
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well I guess that depends. Have you ever, at any point in your life disagreed with anything a conservative has said, regardless of how great or small that point may have been? If the answer to that is yes, then you are in fact a "leftie." You may even in fact be somebody's "left wing friend."

    Sorry.
    Good job, my leftwing friend.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #12
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by foadi View Post
    What if you care about corporations

    They're real people with real feelings.
    If you sufficiently prioritize subjective concepts over actual humans you may be able to avoid the "leftie" mantle.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  3. #13
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,695

    Re: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    "Leftie" has been a term used by some on the extreme right to describe anyone to the left of them.. It actually used to mean something, but now it seems its been replaced to be just a partisan hack term.
    The extreme right has usurped a term? Would that make them Hackies?
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  4. #14
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,801

    Re: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    What is a Leftie?
    Been called it a few times.


    Can those that are right of center, get together and please come up with a definition.
    Huh, can ya.

    Those that are right of center and do not use the phrase, Leftie are exempted from this onerous task.
    But heck, offer an opinion if you wish to.
    if somebody called you a lefty, or a righty it simply means you won the argument or they had nothing rational, objective and honesty to post.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #15
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    if somebody called you a lefty, or a righty it simply means you won the argument or they had nothing rational, objective and honesty to post.
    .... But... I am left handed...
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    "Leftie" has been a term used by some on the extreme right to describe anyone to the left of them.. It actually used to mean something, but now it seems its been replaced to be just a partisan hack term.
    I die a little inside everytime the Democratic Party is referred to as a "left-wing" party. Pure ridiculousness.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    A descendant of the Federalist party/Alexander Hamilton/John Adams

    As opposed to a descendant of the Democratic-Republican Party/Bejamin Franklin/Thomas Jefferson
    Both parties were extremely right-wing...

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    The extreme right has usurped a term? Would that make them Hackies?
    Most political terms in the US have been usurped by the extreme right. In no other country or any other time period, is libertarianism described as corporate feudalism and private restrictions on natural resources. Nor is conservatism described as heavy religious theocracy and warmongering. Nor is the term 'socialist' applied to jerkoffs like Hillary Clinton. Or communism attributed to the fascist regimes of the mid-twentieth century (Stalin, Mao, etc). Liberals here even express support for corporatist Keynesian economic policies and central banking. So on and so forth.

  9. #19
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well I guess that depends. Have you ever, at any point in your life disagreed with anything a conservative has said, regardless of how great or small that point may have been? If the answer to that is yes, then you are in fact a "leftie." You may even in fact be somebody's "left wing friend."

    Sorry.
    I feel like I'm pretty close to center, but I have been called "right" by extreme liberals and "left" by extreme conservatives. I'm neither, really, but I guess it's relative.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #20
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is a Leftie? Been called it a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I feel like I'm pretty close to center, but I have been called "right" by extreme liberals and "left" by extreme conservatives. I'm neither, really,
    but I guess it's relative.


    It all depends on the other person's point of view.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •