View Poll Results: What will happen of 'moderate' muslims?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is only the beginning. Muslims will turn to violence

    5 9.80%
  • This in a minority of the muslim population, all muslims don't agree with them

    38 74.51%
  • This is a minority of muslims now, but most will join these muslims in arms in due time

    8 15.69%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

  1. #101
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Isolated? There's a suicide bombing in the name of allah every day. Women kidnapped by the hundreds, in the name of allah. Villages slaughtered in the name of allah.

    How many in the name of Jesus Christ?

    Your argument is weak at best. There's no comparison to the destruction Islam is producing right now than any real religion.
    What you said was that if there were enough moderate Muslims, there would not be any Muslim terrorism. So if there is an act of Christian terrorism, by your very own argument, that would mean there are not enough moderate Christians. You made a statement of absolute, I'm just applying it to other religions. You seem to be suggesting there are no moderate Muslims because the wars in the Middle East and expansion of terrorists in those regions.

    It's your argument, and you are correct, it is weak at best.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #102
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,571

    re: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    No, I think he has a point, let's look at it again:



    On what planet is this anywhere near a legible response? I don't even know what you're trying to say. Jobs are committing murder in the name of Islam and 99.9% aren't outraged? Huh? Whose jobs are committing murder?
    You're not smart enough to figure out a typo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #103
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,571

    re: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    How can one counter a claim when the claim cannot be understood? Clean up your grammar.
    You can thank auto correct for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #104
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're not smart enough to figure out a typo?
    The entire sentence is a typo and is completely unreadable. When someone asked you to clarify you refused and just acted like an ass.

    Why didn't you recognize you made a mistake and just clarify?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #105
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,571

    re: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The entire sentence is a typo and is completely unreadable. When someone asked you to clarify you refused and just acted like an ass.

    Why didn't you recognize you made a mistake and just clarify?
    No one asked me to clarify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    re: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What you said was that if there were enough moderate Muslims, there would not be any Muslim terrorism. So if there is an act of Christian terrorism, by your very own argument, that would mean there are not enough moderate Christians. You made a statement of absolute, I'm just applying it to other religions. You seem to be suggesting there are no moderate Muslims because the wars in the Middle East and expansion of terrorists in those regions.

    It's your argument, and you are correct, it is weak at best.
    Lol your argument about Christians is adorable. You're trying to compare a peaceful religion, to the religion of destruction. Islam has suicide bombers, kidnappers, ground forces....all fight in the name of Allah.

    Meanwhile the rest of the civilized world only fights terrorism.

    Maybe one day some of the 1.3 billion "moderate" muslims will step in and fix their problem. If not, they are just supporting terrorism as we all suspected.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Lol your argument about Christians is adorable. You're trying to compare a peaceful religion, to the religion of destruction. Islam has suicide bombers, kidnappers, ground forces....all fight in the name of Allah.

    Meanwhile the rest of the civilized world only fights terrorism.

    Maybe one day some of the 1.3 billion "moderate" muslims will step in and fix their problem. If not, they are just supporting terrorism as we all suspected.
    No, I'm using your argument that said terrorist acts mean there aren't enough moderate Muslims. You didn't but any other qualifiers than that. If that is true, than terrorist acts by Christian groups mean there aren't enough moderate Christians. So what is your argument here? Do Christians not speaking out against Christian terrorist groups support terrorism?

    The funny thing here is your one-way-street argument. You make a fundamentally flawed argument to apply to a group you don't like, but you refuse to see how that same argument can be applied elsewhere. There's no consistency. It's one or the other, take you pick.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    re: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I'm using your argument that said terrorist acts mean there aren't enough moderate Muslims. You didn't but any other qualifiers than that. If that is true, than terrorist acts by Christian groups mean there aren't enough moderate Christians. So what is your argument here? Do Christians not speaking out against Christian terrorist groups support terrorism?

    The funny thing here is your one-way-street argument. You make a fundamentally flawed argument to apply to a group you don't like, but you refuse to see how that same argument can be applied elsewhere. There's no consistency. It's one or the other, take you pick.
    Good point, let's list out terrorist acts in the name of Jesus Christ in the past 10 years, and then terrorist acts in the name of Allah in the past 10 years.

    Let's get a real-time figure here to base our theories off of.

    Will we even find any in the name of Jesus Christ? lol

    We all know that they happen on an hourly basis in the name of Allah.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Good point, let's list out terrorist acts in the name of Jesus Christ in the past 10 years, and then terrorist acts in the name of Allah in the past 10 years.

    Let's get a real-time figure here to base our theories off of.

    Will we even find any in the name of Jesus Christ? lol

    We all know that they happen on an hourly basis in the name of Allah.
    IRA is still relatively active.

    There's this
    Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    And this
    Assassination of George Tiller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    And this (though it's probably just more political)
    Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    and this (though it's from the 90's and outside the 10 year limit)
    US Domestic Terrorism: Murder of Dr. John Britton

    and this (also from the 90's)
    Bombing at Centennial Olympic Park — History.com This Day in History — 7/27/1996

    The fact is, not all terrorists are Muslim, in fact they don't play the dominate part and each religion it seems has acts of individuals committing terrorism against others.

    Are All Terrorists Muslims? It
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    re: Muslim reaction to Charlie Hebdo terrorism [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    IRA is still relatively active.

    There's this
    Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    And this
    Assassination of George Tiller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    And this (though it's probably just more political)
    Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    and this (though it's from the 90's and outside the 10 year limit)
    US Domestic Terrorism: Murder of Dr. John Britton

    and this (also from the 90's)
    Bombing at Centennial Olympic Park — History.com This Day in History — 7/27/1996

    The fact is, not all terrorists are Muslim, in fact they don't play the dominate part and each religion it seems has acts of individuals committing terrorism against others.

    Are All Terrorists Muslims? It
    That's great, but how many killings in the name of Allah in the past 10 years vs. Jesus Christ?

    Lol, I'd love to see you cite this, as you completely ignored it.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •