Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

  1. #11
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,676

    Re: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by michijo View Post
    Can't have friends when you are dead. One day you will be dead. I had a weird dream the other night actually. I the dream I was in a Buddhist sect that removed the body from the mind through a ritual where they put you in a box and filled it with sand or cement to freeze the motion of the body and force the mind out. I was reminded of this story from the journey to the west where The monk Tripitaka is sent to heaven to get they diamond sutra or something and upon crossing a river in a ferry, he sees his own body floating by in the current and is told he has transcended the mortal form. I think I am transcended beyond this mortal coil. I don't have to vote. A advanced person doesn't have a nationality like American and doesn't have to vote with mortals.
    This is pretty much exactly the reason I stopped taking acid.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carolina del Norte
    Last Seen
    07-06-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    750
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    This is pretty much exactly the reason I stopped taking acid.
    And I don't even take any drugs. I was actually considering taking some drugs recently. Maybe some peyote.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,864

    Re: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by michijo View Post
    Can't have friends when you are dead. One day you will be dead. I had a weird dream the other night actually. I the dream I was in a Buddhist sect that removed the body from the mind through a ritual where they put you in a box and filled it with sand or cement to freeze the motion of the body and force the mind out. I was reminded of this story from the journey to the west where The monk Tripitaka is sent to heaven to get they diamond sutra or something and upon crossing a river in a ferry, he sees his own body floating by in the current and is told he has transcended the mortal form. I think I am transcended beyond this mortal coil. I don't have to vote. A advanced person doesn't have a nationality like American and doesn't have to vote with mortals.
    I've been playing a lot of Dragon Age Inquisition lately. The other night, I had a dream that I was an ICE agent tasked with dealing with illegal aliens. I was running along the border blasting the suckers with my mage staff.

    I'd say my dream had just as much to do with reality as your's does.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carolina del Norte
    Last Seen
    07-06-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    750
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I've been playing a lot of Dragon Age Inquisition lately. The other night, I had a dream that I was an ICE agent tasked with dealing with illegal aliens. I was running along the border blasting the suckers with my mage staff.

    I'd say my dream had just as much to do with reality as your's does.
    Oh yeah that dream the weird thing is I don't actually play video games and never remember my dreams. Almost everyday I wake up and have no memory of what I dreamed. Only that night I had this vivid dream and remembered it all day. I don't really know what it's from other than in the past years of course I did read some books about Buddhism. I was really just talking crap though. Because nobody was taking me seriously with my complaint against communities and voting. Like when the senate vote thing came around I got this paper in the mail saying you better vote or you better have a good reason why you let down your community. Like what kind of threat is that? I voted for the democrats and then the republicans won. I don't see why I have to be an American. Its so much pushy assimilation. I like to pretend I'm a foreigner and that only observing things and not vote or take part in society. Getting involved in community is a let down that I profit very little from.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,864

    Re: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by michijo View Post
    Oh yeah that dream the weird thing is I don't actually play video games and never remember my dreams. Almost everyday I wake up and have no memory of what I dreamed. Only that night I had this vivid dream and remembered it all day. I don't really know what it's from other than in the past years of course I did read some books about Buddhism. I was really just talking crap though. Because nobody was taking me seriously with my complaint against communities and voting. Like when the senate vote thing came around I got this paper in the mail saying you better vote or you better have a good reason why you let down your community. Like what kind of threat is that? I voted for the democrats and then the republicans won. I don't see why I have to be an American. Its so much pushy assimilation. I like to pretend I'm a foreigner and that only observing things and not vote or take part in society. Getting involved in community is a let down that I profit very little from.
    I'm not surprised.

    You win some and you lose some.


    So it goes...but I don't see that as a reason not to play the game. Now, lack of interest in the game would be a reason not to play. Maybe that's your problem. Sounds like a personal thing, though...why do you expect other Americans to feel the same?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carolina del Norte
    Last Seen
    07-06-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    750
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I'm not surprised.

    You win some and you lose some.


    So it goes...but I don't see that as a reason not to play the game. Now, lack of interest in the game would be a reason not to play. Maybe that's your problem. Sounds like a personal thing, though...why do you expect other Americans to feel the same?
    The entire USA seems to be forced assimilation. Thats our game, force people to become Americans. Now if you are born here, but maybe you don't really want to take part, it's like people harass you. They want you to have American version of religion. The Christians here hate even Christians of foreign nations who practice a non American evangelical form of Christianity such as Latin American Catholics.

    Then there is voting pressure. Fr years I have noticed voting prssure, rock the vote. When I lived up north I remember once on a public library window it said if you don't vote you are of hipster. Like criminalizing some subgroup known as hipster and attcking people.to hell with this land. You'd find out I really hate the USA quite a bit more than you can even dream.

  7. #17
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by michijo View Post
    The entire USA seems to be forced assimilation. Thats our game, force people to become Americans. Now if you are born here, but maybe you don't really want to take part, it's like people harass you. They want you to have American version of religion. The Christians here hate even Christians of foreign nations who practice a non American evangelical form of Christianity such as Latin American Catholics.

    Then there is voting pressure. Fr years I have noticed voting prssure, rock the vote. When I lived up north I remember once on a public library window it said if you don't vote you are of hipster. Like criminalizing some subgroup known as hipster and attcking people.to hell with this land. You'd find out I really hate the USA quite a bit more than you can even dream.
    Earlier you mentioned in you had a dream where you had something of a Buddhist like experience and consider yourself an advanced / enlightened person. You realize that enlightened people don't hate and I am pretty certain the Dalai Lama would never say that if a city were nuked he wound't care.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #18
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by michijo View Post
    F$ck the USA. If they dropped a nuclear bomb on washington dc, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
    You seem nice.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #19
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by michijo View Post
    For most Americans, an intelligent thing would be to practice apolitical standoint, like being asexual, having no political participation. My parents were like this. They never voted. They were not really conservative or liberal. I am seeing the wisdom of this myself lately. As an American, most foreigners don't respect you because they think you are stupid and know nothing about politics, so straight off being globally political is a waste of time. Then you have the fact that if you don't really care who the president is. After all you only live once, and while it was a good idea to vote for kerry to get rid of bush, he actually lost. Then you continually face movements that seek to up everyone else down like libertarian. If I was dead, I couldn't vote. Since I will be dead open day as a matter of fact, then why vote now? Why waste even a moment more of your life needlessly voting or even thinking about the I government that you can't control? Just act as a stupid as possible and make it as hard as possible for anyone to do anhing political and have fun! Absolutely do not volunteer for anything political even if it's only the green party.
    The other option is to allow other people to make all your decisions for you. You may or may not like the results... what you consider fun may now be illegal... but since you have chosen to disassociate yourself from the process you have forfeited all legitimate right to complain. Is that better, or just easier?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carolina del Norte
    Last Seen
    07-06-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    750
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are politics/communities a waste of time for americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Earlier you mentioned in you had a dream where you had something of a Buddhist like experience and consider yourself an advanced / enlightened person. You realize that enlightened people don't hate and I am pretty certain the Dalai Lama would never say that if a city were nuked he wound't care.
    I am not really enlightened. I was only joking.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •