View Poll Results: How will SCOTUS rule on SSM issue?

Voters
247. You may not vote on this poll
  • They'll rule in favor of SSM, but I'm against it.

    3 1.21%
  • They'll rule in favor of SSM, and I'm in favor of it too.

    151 61.13%
  • They'll rule against SSM, and I'm against it as well.

    26 10.53%
  • They'll rule against SSM, but I support SSM rights.

    16 6.48%
  • They won't actually rule on it. Some loop hole will prevent a true decision.

    38 15.38%
  • They'll wuss out and leave it to each state - which is total BS in my mind.

    20 8.10%
  • They'll leave it to each state, as it should be in my opinion.

    17 6.88%
  • other - please explain

    2 0.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 182

Thread: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

  1. #151
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    That's not true. There are intelligent and literate people who notice that the word marriage does not appear within the text of the Constitution and therefore it cannot be a Constitutional right.

    There are also the other kind of people.
    actually its 100% true, the word appearing or not appearing doesnt matter to this topic as many other posters pointed out. So again NOBODY educated, honest and objective falls for such a mentally inane, retarded and fabricated lie and argument. It holds ZERO weight in legality and it is in fact 100% meaningless to the topic at hand.

    But please, keep trying to sell that it does matter, it only further entertains the people that know its meanignless and exposes how obviously vapid, transparent, non-intellectual and desperate the argument against equal rights is.

    things also not in the constitution "rape" does that mean that a state can vote and declare that rape is legal?

    sorry your claim has been proven wrong, if you disagree as always, please simply post ONE fact in your next post that supports you. Thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #152
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Already did. I WIN WITH FACTS!
    you keep repeating this failed lie but nobody believes it, its simply a dodge to my question and topic.

    I will ask again:

    Me an and fiance want to get legally married, what do we have to do?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #153
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Where do you think that money comes from in the first place?
    All 50 states
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Fact is, the folks who are the current arbiters of the Constitution lack the vision and morality necessary to see the error of their ways.
    And our country should have laws based on the 'morality' of your religion? Why is that?

    It's my religion too so it's not even the view of every Christian, not by a long shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #155
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Poor things....the'y just helpless.

    Take your agenda elsewhere.
    Says the guy demanding the Supreme Court operate on morality instead of constitutionality.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #156
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    If SCOTUS rules in their favor, as imho it will the Republicans will reap a political benefit.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/us...T.nav=top-news

    But another group also saw a possible reason to celebrate if the court does indeed rule that way: Republicans.

    If the high court resolves the issue as expected in June, it could deliver a decision that has the benefit of largely neutralizing a debate that a majority of Americans believe Republicans are on the wrong side of — and well ahead of the party’s 2016 presidential primaries.

    To have the question disposed of and dispensed with, many Republicans say, could make their opinions on the matter largely moot, providing a political escape hatch that gives them an excuse to essentially say: “It’s been settled. Let’s move on.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #157
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    If SCOTUS rules in their favor, as imho it will the Republicans will reap a political benefit.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/us...T.nav=top-news

    But another group also saw a possible reason to celebrate if the court does indeed rule that way: Republicans.

    If the high court resolves the issue as expected in June, it could deliver a decision that has the benefit of largely neutralizing a debate that a majority of Americans believe Republicans are on the wrong side of — and well ahead of the party’s 2016 presidential primaries.

    To have the question disposed of and dispensed with, many Republicans say, could make their opinions on the matter largely moot, providing a political escape hatch that gives them an excuse to essentially say: “It’s been settled. Let’s move on.”

    But I wonder if their hard-core supporters will demand a constitutional amendment? That would still require them to take a stand.

  8. #158
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,139

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    If SCOTUS rules in their favor, as imho it will the Republicans will reap a political benefit.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/us...T.nav=top-news

    But another group also saw a possible reason to celebrate if the court does indeed rule that way: Republicans.

    If the high court resolves the issue as expected in June, it could deliver a decision that has the benefit of largely neutralizing a debate that a majority of Americans believe Republicans are on the wrong side of — and well ahead of the party’s 2016 presidential primaries.

    To have the question disposed of and dispensed with, many Republicans say, could make their opinions on the matter largely moot, providing a political escape hatch that gives them an excuse to essentially say: “It’s been settled. Let’s move on.”
    It depends on if they try to use the issue to fire up the far right base. I remember politicians saying one thing to their base, then have the opposite stance a week later. Heck, abortion has been settled for how long, yet it keeps popping up to get the blood running.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  9. #159
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    But I wonder if their hard-core supporters will demand a constitutional amendment? That would still require them to take a stand.
    Not sure, but this requires 2/3rds of the States?? IMHO- Not a chance of that happening.
    Is there a hierarchy in the US Constitution for rights? As they can and do conflict at times?? This is an assumption on my part.
    Hard core will have those running in their Districts putting out a ton of hype on what should be done. Same thing with hard left - They both, hard left/right corrupt the political system.
    I understand the 27th Amendment took the longest to ratify.

    Look at the history of this one.
    Fight to ratify Equal Rights Amendment draws new interest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  10. #160
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,135

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    All 50 states
    That's means the states have to send it to the FedGov 'before' they can withhold it.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •