View Poll Results: How will SCOTUS rule on SSM issue?

Voters
247. You may not vote on this poll
  • They'll rule in favor of SSM, but I'm against it.

    3 1.21%
  • They'll rule in favor of SSM, and I'm in favor of it too.

    151 61.13%
  • They'll rule against SSM, and I'm against it as well.

    26 10.53%
  • They'll rule against SSM, but I support SSM rights.

    16 6.48%
  • They won't actually rule on it. Some loop hole will prevent a true decision.

    38 15.38%
  • They'll wuss out and leave it to each state - which is total BS in my mind.

    20 8.10%
  • They'll leave it to each state, as it should be in my opinion.

    17 6.88%
  • other - please explain

    2 0.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 182

Thread: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

  1. #141
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]I know that many of you can't seem to get enough of each other but please do try to stay on topic. Next person(s) trying to derail this thread into personal attacks will get a swift kick on the behind out of this thread with points to boot (pun intended)
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  2. #142
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Not recognizing their marriage is not tyranny. It's called maintaining decency.
    No. Its discriminatory and unconstitutional. "Decency" is subjective. What I consider decent and you consider decent are most definitely different in many, many ways.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #143
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Notice how Texas is making it more difficult to kill the unborn? We can do the same with those trying to usurp marriage.
    Not without making it harder for everyone in Texas to get married, including opposite sex couples. Plus, unlike abortion, more and more people, even in Texas, are accepting same sex marriage and/or simply not caring about it after it is made legal because it doesn't affect them nor is anyone they view as a "person" dying because of it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Cause you are what we use to call, young,dumb and full of yourself. You just don't know better.
    aww not as young as I used to be but even if all that's true your not answering the question

    what's immoral about gay marriage why should it be accepted that you know better in this case

  5. #145
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    What I don't understand is this.

    99.9999999999999999999999% of the opposition to SSM is based solely on religion and/or religious belief.
    Yet we're supposed to have freedom of religion, which means laws and rights can not be directly formed around or exclusive to any one particular religion.

    THEN, when you take into consideration that SSM does not in any way, shape, or form change anything for anyone else there's just no legal grounds to stand on for why SSM should be banned from all of society.

    Allow the religions of the world to decide for themselves, but federal, state, medical, and legal institutions should all be required to accept and recognize SSM.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  6. #146
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    What I don't understand is this.

    99.9999999999999999999999% of the opposition to SSM is based solely on religion and/or religious belief.
    Yet we're supposed to have freedom of religion, which means laws and rights can not be directly formed around or exclusive to any one particular religion.

    THEN, when you take into consideration that SSM does not in any way, shape, or form change anything for anyone else there's just no legal grounds to stand on for why SSM should be banned from all of society.

    Allow the religions of the world to decide for themselves, but federal, state, medical, and legal institutions should all be required to accept and recognize SSM.
    My only guess as to their motivation is - "ewwwww! people having gay sex! ewwwww!" ... disregarding the fact that straight people do the same things that gay/lesbian people do.

    "It's icky! I don't like it! therefore no one should do it!"

    Really sad. Willing to deny people their choice of partner, and to deny their kids the benefits that marriage brings... because "ickypoo!"

  7. #147
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    My only guess as to their motivation is - "ewwwww! people having gay sex! ewwwww!" ... disregarding the fact that straight people do the same things that gay/lesbian people do.

    "It's icky! I don't like it! therefore no one should do it!"

    Really sad. Willing to deny people their choice of partner, and to deny their kids the benefits that marriage brings... because "ickypoo!"
    Right...like the whole honey boo-boo thing isn't icky either, yet that's okay?????
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Right...like the whole honey boo-boo thing isn't icky either, yet that's okay?????
    hey now just because you want to discriminate against people by gender because of your religion doesn't mean your ok with tlc ( the ironic channel )

  9. #149
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Right...like the whole honey boo-boo thing isn't icky either, yet that's okay?????
    oh ...shiver..you had to mention honey boo-boo. I may have to take a shower now!

  10. #150
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Supreme Court agrees to take on same-sex marriage issue[W:141]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    What I don't understand is this.

    99.9999999999999999999999% of the opposition to SSM is based solely on religion and/or religious belief.
    Yet we're supposed to have freedom of religion, which means laws and rights can not be directly formed around or exclusive to any one particular religion.

    THEN, when you take into consideration that SSM does not in any way, shape, or form change anything for anyone else there's just no legal grounds to stand on for why SSM should be banned from all of society.

    Allow the religions of the world to decide for themselves, but federal, state, medical, and legal institutions should all be required to accept and recognize SSM.
    Freedom of religion does not mean that people cannot shape their beliefs based upon their religion. In fact, that is constitutionally protected. If the legal argument was that SSM should remain illegal because the bible is against it, that would fail, but they start with SSM is bad because the bible says so, and then find legal justification to keep it illegal.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •