View Poll Results: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    63 81.82%
  • No

    14 18.18%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

    Self explanatory. Please discuss.

  2. #2
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

    Nope, it may be the other way around though.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Nope, it may be the other way around though.
    Why do you say that?

  4. #4
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Because he's right.

    But on the broader sense it doesn't really matter because the two nations share every single geopolitical interest.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Because he's right.
    That does not explain anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    But on the broader sense it doesn't really matter because the two nations share every single geopolitical interest.
    That is debatable.

  6. #6
    Reactor Janitor
    Joby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Olympic Peninsula
    Last Seen
    10-24-17 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,276

    Re: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

    No, not any more than our other allies we have commitments too.

    I do believe that Israel has a relationship with the US it doesn't with any other country, and I hope the US can use its status as "the one real friend" to try and get Israel to make a deal. Like a good friend telling another their ****ing up their life in the way only a true friend can.
    down for you is up

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joby View Post
    No, not any more than our other allies we have commitments too.

    I do believe that Israel has a relationship with the US it doesn't with any other country, and I hope the US can use its status as "the one real friend" to try and get Israel to make a deal. Like a good friend telling another their ****ing up their life in the way only a true friend can.
    Yes I would hope the same. But it appears that Israel does not care when it's "one real friend" says such things.

  8. #8
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That does not explain anything.
    What is there to explain?
    Isn't it obvious that America has influence over Israeli policies?
    First of all let us be clear: the US is the biggest empire in the world and it has influence over every single nation out there the same way a large-mass object has influence on its surrounding smaller-mass objects if you're into physics.
    Secondly it's quite obvious that the US is Israel's biggest ally on the planet and as such has more influence than other nations would.
    Finally the US involves itself in every foreign policy Israel may have.

    So yeah I figured that was pretty much established by now.

    That is debatable.
    Of course it is.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #9
    Reactor Janitor
    Joby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Olympic Peninsula
    Last Seen
    10-24-17 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,276

    Re: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Yes I would hope the same. But it appears that Israel does not care when it's "one real friend" says such things.
    Real question isn't whether Israel will listen to the US but whether Israel has the balls to face the future.
    down for you is up

  10. #10
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Does Israel have too much influence on US foreign policy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Because he's right.

    But on the broader sense it doesn't really matter because the two nations share every single geopolitical interest.
    It sometimes does seem like Israel is more like the 51st state than an ally.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •