View Poll Results: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 17.13%
  • No

    150 82.87%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

  1. #51
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    You could be right. I dunno. I don't think I have ever spent more than 3 or 4 seconds, at a time, listening to her music. (Long enough to change the station.)

    I don't NOT listen to Beyonce because of her "filth," as you say. I don't listen to her because she sucks. When I have the unfortunate occurrence of seeing her on television or whatever, it makes me want to take a bath. She gives the appearance, to me, as someone who is just "nasty." Someone who spends all day doing make-up, in front of a mirror, but doesn't take the time to wash her ass. You know the type.
    I use the term filthy, not because of sexual innuendo, but because it's soul-sucking mediocrity.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #52
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Consider this: The primaries are just beginning (sort of). You play to the extremes in the primaries before moving to the center in the general election. (Why people still fall for this boggles the brain cells, but they do.) He's playing to the extremes of his party who vote in primaries.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #53
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Mike Huckabee has called Beyonce's music "mental poison." Is he right?

    Sideshow: Mike Huckabee calls Beyoncé's music 'mental poison'
    Honestly, criticizing Beyonce's music is enough for him to lose my vote. With all the issues in the world, you focus on Beyoncé's music?
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    When I have the unfortunate occurrence of seeing her on television or whatever, it makes me want to take a bath.
    Dang bro! I know she is sexy, but I didn't know she made people do all that!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    She gives the appearance, to me, as someone who is just "nasty."
    Wow! She had you getting down that heavy huh bro????? Now I know why she is rich. It sounds like people like you are her biggest fans!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Someone who spends all day doing make-up, in front of a mirror, but doesn't take the time to wash her ass.
    Yeah them real pretty ones will stay in the mirror all day!!!

    I don't know what you talking about with that ass washing stuff tho. What you been up to my man?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    You know the type.
    Yep. They say when you go black you don't go back!!!!

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I use the term filthy, not because of sexual innuendo, but because it's soul-sucking mediocrity.
    Well at least you ain't no hypocrite.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    I remember talking to a real pretty black girl that worked in adult entertainment. She was prettier than Beyonce. That is not to say that Beyonce is not pretty as a poster elsewhere has stated. But that is to convey the idea of how pretty this young lady was. She was telling me about one of her customers. She said "I didn't know what he was talking about?" Yeah boy! They can do that to ya! Amazing!!!

    On the serious side tho, Beyonce although somewhat out there, is not as high as some on the scale today. But in the final analysis, we are surrounded by filth today. Of this, there is no doubt, although some do not want to admit it, and some do not realize it at all. And the deep truth is that we are all like that now. Therefore it has been alluded to, by the one of the most intelligent minds in history, that ultimately if it is in your heart, you have done it already. Because, really it comes from the heart. And if it is in the heart, all it takes is a matter of time and circumstances before you will do it. Therefore I say, we are all like that. All though it is indeed filth, and moreover it is indeed mediocre, we are all like that today. Therefore the same person has advised that it would be wise not to cast the first stone. We should remember that. That is real intelligence. That is the challenge.
    Last edited by MildSteel; 01-15-15 at 09:27 PM.

  7. #57
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    I have a cousin turned RINO (I thought I was bad) who found a video of Mike Huckabee performing a raunchy rated x song with a guest on his former TV show. Smh. Lesson learned...again: in politics right and wrong are defined by who you ask and which side are you on (or perceived to be on) compared to the one asked--and people are not committed to their principles, they're committed to their political team.

    In the Governor's defense it's entirely possible he had no idea what the song was really about as in fairness it was loaded with double entendre and veiled terminology with words that are sometimes used as a nickname for cats. The question then becomes is the Governor really that naive and honestly thought he was rocking out with a genuine pet lover about his love for cats? Romney, maybe. Huckabee surprises me but to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I have a cousin turned RINO (I thought I was bad) who found a video of Mike Huckabee performing a raunchy rated x song with a guest on his former TV show. Smh. Lesson learned...again: in politics right and wrong are defined by who you ask and which side are you on (or perceived to be on) compared to the one asked--and people are not committed to their principles, they're committed to their political team.

    In the Governor's defense it's entirely possible he had no idea what the song was really about as in fairness it was loaded with double entendre and veiled terminology with words that are sometimes used as a nickname for cats. The question then becomes is the Governor really that naive and honestly thought he was rocking out with a genuine pet lover about his love for cats? Romney, maybe. Huckabee surprises me but to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe.
    Is that so? Amazing. Perhaps he understood, but thought it to be amusing humor and thus he could get some brownie political points in by being seen to be a likable guy.

    Regardless, to return to an earlier theme, we are all a hair's breath away from being exposed for what we really are. I say that as someone who has experienced it personally, and thus I hope that others will listen and learn from my mistakes. It is like a thief that comes in the night that the real tests come. We will not be aware, but it will sneak upon us. That is how the tests come in the real war. Do not think that what happened to Bill Clinton cannot happen to us. We should not gloat. Rather we should humbly ask for mercy that we not fall victim to temptation and that the Almighty One deliver us from evil. If we are to proud too do that, there is no way. It is simply not possible. Perhaps some will hear. But I tell you truthfully, friend and foe alike, what I have said is for the benefit of all. Please, learn from my mistakes.

  9. #59
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Oh no, the GOP would lose the Beyonce fan base IF that ever happened.
    All three or four of them.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #60
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I love "Put a Ring On It" but was pretty dismayed when little girls began imitating her raunchy video dance moves. Not cute on a 5-year old. I don't think she's an inspirational role model for "wholesomeness" at all, even if she's a great business success, and she is.
    ok time for a little rant
    also Nota im NOT saying you claimed any of this so i quoted you only for a reference, this isnt directed at you

    I'm just pointing out that its the parents fault not beyonce's if 5 year olds are trying to dance like her and its "raunchy", as you say, that makes the parent a moron if its happening frequently.

    and something really not related to your post

    I also dont understand the role model thing

    maybe im just lucky and wired the right way or my parents did something brilliant, which i must also accidently be doing and i have passed on to my daughter

    as a child my morals or ideas on how to live my life, right/wrong, how to treat people etc were NEVER impacted by music . . .am i the only one?

    nor as any actor, famous person, entertainer who i have liked ever impacted my morals etc.

    were there famous people i found inspiring and maybe a "example" of how to do a certain specific thing, of course but if they did other things that were bad or wrong or something i didn't agree with it never made me want to do them or think it was ok etc etc

    any kids that are shaped that way, the adults in thier lives have failed them

    there was NOTHING i could watch, listen to, read etc that could make me stray from my upbringing, thats just stupid.

    I listened to some of the worse music and watched the worse movies (stereotypically moral wise) it had ZERO impact because i had at least ONE good reality based parent/guardian in my life . . .

    i was lucky enough to have many but im just saying

    its just so pathetic to me that so many people pass the buck, kid gets in to a great college and they take all the credit, kid does drugs or is a criminal and all of a sudden, what music did he listen too, what movies did he watch what did he read etc etc thats all horsecrap! lol

    "SOME" of my favorite music was about "drugs, **** the police, killing and sex with bitches"
    today i have two degrees, im a single father with full custody and a perfectly clean police record
    drugs i have participated in that are illegal? underage drank in my day and i have tired weed . . .the end

    ZERO of those CHOICES came from music, movies, books, celebrities etc

    ok rant over lol

    I actually make make a thread about this when i have a minute
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •