View Poll Results: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 17.13%
  • No

    150 82.87%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 68

Thread: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Music is nothing more then an artistic distraction.

    Anyone who reads more into it then that is of questionable emotional clarity, imo.

    And anyone who calls ANY contemporary music 'poison' is at the least, creepy. At the most, disturbed.

    It's just music...lighten up.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,317

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you never actually defend what you are saying? Face it: you said something stupid and got called on it. Deal with it.
    Fair enough.
    I said having a son or daughter raised by a parent(s) that lies a lot is a bad thing.
    You think that's stupid because everyone lies sometimes.
    I don't agree.
    Sounds like we're done here.

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    What you claim you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Fair enough.
    I said having a son or daughter raised by a parent(s) that lies a lot is a bad thing.
    You think that's stupid because everyone lies sometimes.
    I don't agree.
    Sounds like we're done here.
    What you actually said:

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    When you're growing up observing & learning from that daddy, Beyonce' can be considered a relatively innocuous influence.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,745

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    I mentioned punching people in the forehead the other day. Mike Huckabee deserves one.

    With all the real world **** thats going on THATS how you want to kick off your campaign drive?

    Look...music has always had risque, questionable, or downright nasty content throughout history. People listen to about 15%of the words and interpret about 5% of what they are actually saying and 'own' virtually none of it.

    I wouldnt vote for this guy to clean my drain pipes.

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,317

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What you claim you said:



    What you actually said:
    Right ... and then I said that Obama lied on his rise to that pinnacle you mentioned.
    You're the one who appeared in high dudgeon and implied Obama only lied occasionally like the rest of us and, one surmises, about incidental things like the rest of us.
    I don't agree.
    For instance ...
    You might lie by saying "Honey, I wasn't looking at that woman." whereas he would lie by saying "You can keep your plan, period."

    If you don't understand that then there's nothing more that anyone can say to convince you.

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,953

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Music is nothing more then an artistic distraction.

    Anyone who reads more into it then that is of questionable emotional clarity, imo.

    And anyone who calls ANY contemporary music 'poison' is at the least, creepy. At the most, disturbed.

    It's just music...lighten up.
    I'm guessing you aren't a musician. It's not just background noise or a "distraction" for all of us.

  7. #47
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,820

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Mike Huckabee has called Beyonce's music "mental poison." Is he right?

    Sideshow: Mike Huckabee calls Beyoncé's music 'mental poison'
    What the **** would Mike Huckabee know about music?










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  8. #48
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Mike Huckabee seems like an alright fellow who just opens his mouth and inserts foot too many times. However, lecturing people on "parenting" given his son's history is pretty sad.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    if he had just said "her music sucks".. I would have agreed.


    her husband music.. that's another story... he's getting pretty close to "mental poison"

  10. #50
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,674

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Her music is unquestionably, unequivocally, mental poison.

    I wouldn't be caught dead listening to that filth.
    You could be right. I dunno. I don't think I have ever spent more than 3 or 4 seconds, at a time, listening to her music. (Long enough to change the station.)

    I don't NOT listen to Beyonce because of her "filth," as you say. I don't listen to her because she sucks. When I have the unfortunate occurrence of seeing her on television or whatever, it makes me want to take a bath. She gives the appearance, to me, as someone who is just "nasty." Someone who spends all day doing make-up, in front of a mirror, but doesn't take the time to wash her ass. You know the type.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •