View Poll Results: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 17.13%
  • No

    150 82.87%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68

Thread: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    She's no Tina Turner that's for sure.


    But Huckabee....he does more harm to religion than any anti-religion atheist could ever hope to. He's just a weasel trying to stay relevant at someone else's expense.
    Last edited by Moot; 01-14-15 at 05:57 PM.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,284

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you struggle with English? What does "every one occasionally lies" mean? Does it mean I am denying he has told lies?
    Is this really that hard?
    No.
    It's not hard.
    I just figured you were beyond taking pride in stating a truism.
    Guess not.
    Everyone occasionally lies.
    That was it?
    Happy now?

    Now ... it matters who is lying and what they're lying about.
    That's the real point.
    You should have said that.

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I don't know but what he probably doesn't realize is compared to the rest of pop music culture, Beyonce is the relatively wholesome role model. One of her hit songs encourages young people to stop sleeping around and get married (the same song Kenye West made an idiot out of himself when he said Beyonce's video was the greatest of all time and Tayor Swift should not have won.) Another song she produced while with her initial girl band, Destiny's Child was about overcoming hurt, honoring one's parents and forgiveness. She's had a grand total one one boyfriend in her life with whom she is now married. In a CNN interview confessed she has never once experimented with recreational drugs of any kind.

    I agree with Gov. Huckabee in that I think her on stage wardrobe is a little too revealing/sexy/whatever. I asked a female friend and mother I know how she felt about Beyone's dress and that this really temps men because of the way we're wired. I suggested she must be oblivious to how her wardrobe affects guys. My friend's (a church going Christian mom) response was she didn't really see anything wrong with it and men are going to gawk and lust regardless.

    It should be noted, Beyonce's husband is in fact one of Hip Hop's bad boys; not the worst out there but uses foul language on his songs and admits to a regrettable time in his life when he once sold drugs. Why good girls are attracted to bad boys is another topic and Beyonce is certainly not the first. A year or 2 ago, Beyonce changed managers, parting ways with her father's management company and hiring her husband's management company. Since then, her music, especially live performances, have gotten somewhat more risque.

    Beyonce's audience is made up mostly of ladies. This all said, Huckabee can probably kiss the youth and female vote goodbye; not that he ever had it.
    I don't think Huckabee has ever had the youth vote (except perhaps conservative young people), and considering who he is, my bet is that his female audience is some conservative women and young ladies who understand what that word "lady" means.

    Beyoncé is very beautiful, and I do remember Destiny's Child. But her marriage is a business partnership, her husband (although a gazillionaire and savvy, successful businessman) is very unsavory. I won't repeat them, but there are credible rumors that are Googleable, and he does have a mistress and various "protégées."

    I love "Put a Ring On It" but was pretty dismayed when little girls began imitating her raunchy video dance moves. Not cute on a 5-year old. I don't think she's an inspirational role model for "wholesomeness" at all, even if she's a great business success, and she is.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    No.
    It's not hard.
    I just figured you were beyond taking pride in stating a truism.
    Guess not.
    Everyone occasionally lies.
    That was it?
    Happy now?

    Now ... it matters who is lying and what they're lying about.
    That's the real point.
    You should have said that.
    Why do you never actually defend what you are saying? Face it: you said something stupid and got called on it. Deal with it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Mike Huckabee has called Beyonce's music "mental poison." Is he right?

    Sideshow: Mike Huckabee calls Beyoncé's music 'mental poison'



    I hear the International Red Cross has classified Beyoncé music as torture, and against the Geneva Convention on treatment of prisoners of war...

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #36
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I hear the International Red Cross has classified Beyoncé music as torture, and against the Geneva Convention on treatment of prisoners of war...
    Beyoncé's music is not torture

    this is torture

    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  7. #37
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Beyoncé's music is not torture

    this is torture

    What is it with Smith trying to make his talentless children appear to have talent? I understand what it is to be a proud parent and grandparent, but really, the dude has some concept of reality, he should check in once in a while.

  8. #38
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,891

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    The culture scolds always make themselves look like morons every time they open their mouths.

    On the current pop culture scale, you can do a hell of a lot worse than Beyonce.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The culture scolds always make themselves look like morons every time they open their mouths.

    On the current pop culture scale, you can do a hell of a lot worse than Beyonce.
    Lil Wayne?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #40
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Is Mike Huckabee right about Beyonce's music?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I don't think Huckabee has ever had the youth vote (except perhaps conservative young people), and considering who he is, my bet is that his female audience is some conservative women and young ladies who understand what that word "lady" means.
    He lost any youth vote he ever had, along with any sane woman's vote the moment that family pic with the matching sweaters was posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Beyoncé is very beautiful, and I do remember Destiny's Child. But her marriage is a business partnership, her husband (although a gazillionaire and savvy, successful businessman) is very unsavory. I won't repeat them, but there are credible rumors that are Googleable, and he does have a mistress and various "protégées."

    I love "Put a Ring On It" but was pretty dismayed when little girls began imitating her raunchy video dance moves. Not cute on a 5-year old. I don't think she's an inspirational role model for "wholesomeness" at all, even if she's a great business success, and she is.
    I don't find her even mildly pretty, nor do I want to ever hear anymore of her "work". But yes, she's a success.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •