View Poll Results: Do you believe in morality?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    56 38.62%
  • No

    89 61.38%
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 191

Thread: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

  1. #71
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I suppose that any human construct is ultimately subjective. However, when I say those morals are not, I really mean that they are pretty much universally accepted as immoral actions regardless of religion, culture, race, or ideology.
    But you don't see the ad populum there? Just an interesting bit of banter but why are they wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    If you're willing to kill a human being, let alone a baby, just to save a few bucks and a few hours of your free time - when you almost certainly created that human being because you were too lazy to take the proper precautions necessary to prevent doing so in the first place - you are an objectively terrible human being.

    Sorry, but my stance on that isn't going to change.
    And this, everybody, is what we call a massive judgement by a stick in the mud.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  2. #72
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Your concept of what constitutes "irrefutable fact" is a bit flawed. What you stated was your opinion. For example, if one stated that Republicans are the party of the rich, then they are making a statement of opinion. They might think it's an "irrefutable fact", but its their opinion.
    No, fact is fact. You've not challenged me on fact, you only move to defend your party.

    I doubt you have any care at all that your party systematically embraces deception and dishonesty as policy, provided that those who would expose this fact are silenced.

    We can average the net worth of members of both houses to test whether the "party of the rich" claim is factual. (democrats have about 30% greater wealth.)

    Our Oligarchical Congresscritters Are WAY Richer Than You | PJ Tatler

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    And this, everybody, is what we call a massive judgement by a stick in the mud.
    Yup. When in doubt, play the "it's none of your business" card.

    Have fun with that. Just bear in mind that it places you rather squarely in the company of wife beaters, child abusers, genocidal dictators, and Southern slave owners.

  4. #74
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    One side has taken it to the extremes, the Republocrats.
    I have no intent of defending the Republicans.

    Still, the incorporation of outright lying as the foundation of the party is the act of the democrats.

    Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?-obamacare-depends-meaning-of_you-can-keep_is-0001baa-600x570-jpg

  5. #75
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Yup. When in doubt, play the "it's none of your business" card.

    Have fun with that. Just bear in mind that it places you rather squarely in the company of wife beaters, child abusers, genocidal dictators, and Southern slave owners.
    How is it your business?

    And when it doubt, ad hom it out, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  6. #76
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    I have no intent of defending the Republicans.

    Still, the incorporation of outright lying as the foundation of the party is the act of the democrats.

    Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?-obamacare-depends-meaning-of_you-can-keep_is-0001baa-600x570-jpg
    They both do it as much as possible, R or D, there's no difference. Republocrats all act similarly.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    How is it your business?
    How was Slavery the North's business?

    And when it doubt, ad hom it out, right?
    No Ad Hominem present. I accurately described elective abortion as what it actually is.

    It is the legal ability for one human being to dehumanize, and even grievously harm, another without consequence, simply because that first person is considered to be more "socially relevant" than the second. You could describe historical attitudes towards child and domestic abuse, as well slavery, in exactly the same way.

    I'm sorry if the comparison makes you uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 01-14-15 at 02:02 PM.

  8. #78
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They both do it as much as possible, R or D, there's no difference. Republocrats all act similarly.
    Reality belies your position.

    The Republicans are nothing pleasant. Republicans are about as beneficial as a bad case of genital herpes. democrats are full blown AIDS.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Reality belies your position.

    The Republicans are nothing pleasant. Republicans are about as beneficial as a bad case of genital herpes. democrats are full blown AIDS.
    They are both cancer.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #80
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Do you have a personal concept of right and wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They are both cancer.
    Under Republicans, I get to keep civil rights.

    Under democrats, I do not.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •