View Poll Results: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

Voters
1321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

    358 27.10%
  • No

    571 43.22%
  • Seems childish

    1,112 84.18%
  • Waste of time

    856 64.80%
  • Tell me when and I'll do it for sure

    534 40.42%
  • other - please explain

    311 23.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 235

Thread: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

  1. #81
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,067

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you comparing a cartoon to mass murder? I would say that the murder of a million Armenians, by Muslims fare outweighs a cartoon.
    this thread isnt about your hate and delusions

    l warn you to stop attacking me
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  2. #82
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,547

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Who is Godwin? If you have an argument to make, make it, instead of hiding behind code words. What do you mean by "attempted genocide?" Was it also "attempted genocide" to bomb cities during WWII and kill tens of thousands in a single raid? To hell with the dirty SOB's.
    Good lord.....are you that much of a newb to forums?

    Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    l hate radical islamists more than you but this thread belongs to basement
    Stap up and do something about the islamofacists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    this thread isnt about your hate and delusions

    l warn you to stop attacking me
    How am I attacking you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,067

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Stap up and do something about the islamofacists.
    it was your government WHO helped taliban gain power
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  6. #86
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,547

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Assuming you can make violent sadists believe killing someone is wrong can be a fatal mistake.
    So it's too much work to even try?

    Is there anything to lose by trying non-violent methods?
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    When I was young my mom always told me that if youve got nothing good to say then dont say anything. I think a few Muslims have become intolerant simply because they feel disrespected by the West and quite a few of their countries are occupied by Western militaries and people are dying over there.
    EXACTLY!

    As expected, instead of looking inward for some of the causes of this terrorism, people choose to look outward, blame others and turn militant.
    Typical ignorant masses reaction.

    Hitler turned average Germans against Jews. I wonder how long it will take western leaders to turn their ignorant citizens against decent Muslims?

    These terrorists are sick f@cks. But the principle reason they are doing what they are doing is probably because of the horrible acts and murders of innocent civilians AND the propping up of horrific regimes the West (led by America) has done over the last 20 years or so.

    And though I condemn any violence against innocent people...I do not blame those in the Middle East ONE LITTLE BIT for despising all things American.
    American-Western actions are killing their children or allowing others to do the same.
    People freak out about a beheading - yet Saudi Arabia does it ALL THE TIME and no one mentions it. This is hypocrisy.

    Yes, terrorists must be stopped and hunted down.

    But blaming it solely on some religious reason is TOTALLY a missing the point.

    America has been bombing/invading/killing anyone they want over the last 20 years...it's just that the friends/families of those that are getting killed are finally fed up and striking back (wrongly) the only way they know how...terrorism.


    If you want the terrorism to stop...stop budding in all around the world where it is none of your business.
    Because trying to kill them all will never work, for every one you kill, you will just turn them into martyrs and make terrorist recruitment that much easier.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Some people are not as ready to embrace racist and xenophobic depictions in media as Americans are. I mean, the history of some of these depictions goes a lot further than Charlie Hebdo. Cartoons have been used to demonize every group for the last century or so (Jews, Chinese, Africans, Russians). So maybe he's not as ready to embrace this freedom of speech because it sometimes hides far more sinister attitudes. All these folks ignorant of cartoons and demonization really shouldn't gang up on spangled for giving an opinion which isn't all that rare for anyone who understands what has hidden behind them in the past. Here are some examples:

    The Irish:



    Meaning: Subhuman, simian-like, not like the beauty in the rest of Europe. Images like this were used to justify the mistreatment of the Irish for nearly 50 years in North America.

    The Chinese:



    Meaning: Thieves, here to plunder the white man's wealth, undeserving of the white man's job. Images like this were used to deport millions of legal immigrants.

    The black man:



    Meaning: White America's go to reference for ignorance, the lesser being, the white man's slave. Imagines like this were used to justify discrimination for 200+ years.

    The Jew:



    Meaning: Europe, North America's and Islam's go to source for conspiracies. Images like this were used for centuries to justify the oppression of Jews wherever found. They really were the Western world's most hated people, and it was in part because of this demonization in media.

    As you can all plainly see, some of these images hide something sinister behind them, people shouldn't turn a blind eye to the fact that they're depictions seeking to demonize and attack other cultures. I'm not in anyway supportive of what happened at Charlie Hebdo, but I won't pretend like what they were doing was harmless to race relations. If Al Sharpton's alleged doublespeak when it comes to race is hurtful to relations between cultures, and races, then so was Charlie Hebdo.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 01-13-15 at 03:01 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    it was your government WHO helped taliban gain power
    Um, that's not true. What is true, is that Turkish Muslims murdered 1 million Armenians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,547

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Some people are not as ready to embrace racist and xenophobic depictions in media as Americans are. I mean, the history of some of these depictions goes a lot further than Charlie Hebdo. Cartoons have been used to demonize every group for the last century or so (Jews, Chinese, Africans, Russians). So maybe he's not as ready to embrace this freedom of speech because it sometimes hides far more sinister attitudes. All these folks ignorant of cartoons and demonization really shouldn't gang up on spangled for giving an opinion which isn't all that rare for anyone who understands what has hidden behind them in the past.
    What was/is Charlie Hebdo hiding? Please inform us.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •