View Poll Results: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

Voters
1321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

    358 27.10%
  • No

    571 43.22%
  • Seems childish

    1,112 84.18%
  • Waste of time

    856 64.80%
  • Tell me when and I'll do it for sure

    534 40.42%
  • other - please explain

    311 23.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 235

Thread: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

  1. #51
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,511

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    That being the case, how would it accomplish anything by antagonizing all those people with Mohammed artwork?
    Overwhelming is the word.

    If there's an overwhelming number of images posted, billions and billions, perhaps those easily angered would see that fighting such a thing would be useless.

    It's easy to walk out of your house in Philadelphia and call Cowboy's fans a bunch of jerk-offs.
    Much harder to do that in Dallas wouldn't ya say?

    If only a small handful of very brave media outlets will publish cartoons, they become easy targets.
    If everybody does it then what? You gonna take on the world?

    Some would say they already are, so what's the point. Maybe that's true. Maybe not.

    If 3/4's of the planet basically steps up and says "we're not going to be bullied by you and your religion" it might be productive.

    Seriously, pencil drawings of anything are not grounds for killing somebody.
    The world needs to stand up and shout this from the roof tops.

    Not cower into the shadows and say that doing such a thing is something that shouldn't be done.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,511

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    I would much prefer bullets and smart bombs.
    yes - because killing people because people are killing people makes a ton of sense.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  3. #53
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    yes - because killing people because people are killing people makes a ton of sense.
    Kill or be killed. Your choice is?

  4. #54
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,511

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Kill or be killed. Your choice is?
    Live and let live.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  5. #55
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,565

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post


    Name me some street gangs who would think something as benign and harmless as this drawing would be justifiable grounds for an all-out assault on a building and the entire group of people in it.


    You know, because of religious reasons.
    You are confusing the issue. Street gangs, like these (tribes of?) Islamic fanatics, are not concerned about "reason" in the least. They are concerned with power, control and gaining the respect of their peers. These "terrorists", like street gangsters or other tribal societies, do not think that God, government or anyone. other than their gang (or tribe), will take care of them or their families so they seek to help their gang (or tribe) gain more power.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #56
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by spangledbanner View Post
    We Australians are not American or French and this type of thing is illegal in Australia. Charlie Hedbo could not have published his trash in Australia or he would have been arrested. We have laws that make his type of trash illegal. In Australia you cannot use media to insult or humiliate people.

    Do you French and Americans want to start insulting Aboriginals do you? If you have such freedom to be obnoxious then what is all the fuss over the Redskins logo?

    Is attacking African Americans with media an act of freedom and artistic expression? This is what the world has come to with USA leading and France as "the capital of the world" is it? You French and Americans have the right to be offensive, obnoxious and provocative and this is freedom is it? Well not in Australia. Us Aussies disagree with your uncivilized idea of freedom.
    Your message: "I say what I am told to say because I am free."

    Your accusations against me as an American are offensive. Stop it.

  7. #57
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Live and let live.
    That wasn't one of the options you had to pick from.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,511

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    That wasn't one of the options you had to pick from.
    Rarely are there ever just two options, and surely almost never-ever are you the one to decide how many options there are.

    Non-violent protest.

    I shouldn't need to kill anyone in order to make them believe killing somebody is wrong.
    Don't you see where that leads?
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,654

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    No. Childish. Waste of time.

    Blowing **** up and shooting people because you're offended is childish behavior. It's the grown up version of a 2 year old tantrum. Reacting to a tantrum by having a tantrum of your own doesn't fix a damned thing and the idiot children whose behavior you're supposedly trying to change are just going to look at you like you're the idiot.

  10. #60
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Should we flood the world with images of Muhammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by spangledbanner View Post
    We Australians are not American or French and this type of thing is illegal in Australia. Charlie Hedbo could not have published his trash in Australia or he would have been arrested. We have laws that make his type of trash illegal. In Australia you cannot use media to insult or humiliate people.

    Do you French and Americans want to start insulting Aboriginals do you? If you have such freedom to be obnoxious then what is all the fuss over the Redskins logo?

    Is attacking African Americans with media an act of freedom and artistic expression? This is what the world has come to with USA leading and France as "the capital of the world" is it? You French and Americans have the right to be offensive, obnoxious and provocative and this is freedom is it? Well not in Australia. Us Aussies disagree with your uncivilized idea of freedom.
    So what? You are insignificant.

    Show of hands....

    Who in here gives two ****s what the Aussie's think about our American freedom of speech?

    I would tell them to shut their piehole and go throw another shrimp on the barbi.

    Sheeesh....

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •