View Poll Results: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    205 74.01%
  • No

    27 9.75%
  • I don't know

    35 12.64%
  • Other

    10 3.61%
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 328

Thread: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

  1. #251
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,923
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    If I recall correctly, you were considering at one time writing about your years in the service but didn't know if you could get permission writing it as a true story. Have you followed up on that, or could you write it as just a book - not giving specifics, etc? I think people would be interested in something like that because of where you were, more than anything else. It's a culture that is not much written about.
    I have written a fictional story, around 150,000 words. I can say based on my personal experiences, but if I were to put it in a memoir or a non-fiction type the military has to approve it. I haven't published or gotten it published. This I want on paper, book form. It is a story that if someone who served in Laos, Vietnam could read and nod their heads as if it might be true. This one I do not want on kindle.

    Besides, fiction lets me embellish things. It is all based in a way on things that happened or things I knew about or was told about. But fiction lets me put my own take to it and change names, dates, places, to where no one can say it really occured.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #252
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,337

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I have written a fictional story, around 150,000 words. I can say based on my personal experiences, but if I were to put it in a memoir or a non-fiction type the military has to approve it. I haven't published or gotten it published. This I want on paper, book form. It is a story that if someone who served in Laos, Vietnam could read and nod their heads as if it might be true. This one I do not want on kindle.

    Besides, fiction lets me embellish things. It is all based in a way on things that happened or things I knew about or was told about. But fiction lets me put my own take to it and change names, dates, places, to where no one can say it really occured.
    : with not putting something like that on Kindle. I have a kindle, but I still enjoy reading books more. They seem more "permanent" or something to me. I can go to my bookshelves any time I want, and re-read books I enjoyed, and I've got a huge variety to choose from. I like sci-fi the best, as you know, but I also like Brad Thor and many other authors of "thrillers" and am waiting to receive his latest which I have ordered. If your newest anthologies are as spell-binding as "Six Realms" was, you've got winners! I couldn't stop reading...

  3. #253
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,923
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    : with not putting something like that on Kindle. I have a kindle, but I still enjoy reading books more. They seem more "permanent" or something to me. I can go to my bookshelves any time I want, and re-read books I enjoyed, and I've got a huge variety to choose from. I like sci-fi the best, as you know, but I also like Brad Thor and many other authors of "thrillers" and am waiting to receive his latest which I have ordered. If your newest anthologies are as spell-binding as "Six Realms" was, you've got winners! I couldn't stop reading...
    I thank you Pol. I do think the fictional book based on my personal experience is a winner. I think if I am patient enough, it will get printed. On the sci-fi, I am doing my own proof reading and that takes time. Reading it over and over again. It is best to let it set a spell and then read over it, you catch more things that way. Once I have it finished I will send you the whole book.

    I too had 3 book cases full of books I read. They are now in boxes hoping for that trip to the land of smiles.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #254
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,337

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I thank you Pol. I do think the fictional book based on my personal experience is a winner. I think if I am patient enough, it will get printed. On the sci-fi, I am doing my own proof reading and that takes time. Reading it over and over again. It is best to let it set a spell and then read over it, you catch more things that way. Once I have it finished I will send you the whole book.

    I too had 3 book cases full of books I read. They are now in boxes hoping for that trip to the land of smiles.
    I use the same system when I post on here...I read it through and always find words omitted that I was sure I had typed - brain ahead of fingers syndrome...or duplicates of words like "and" and "the". Sheesh! Even rereading isn't foolproof as I discover after I hit the Reply with Quote button and it's permanent. I sometimes wonder if people think I'm drinking! All in a day's fun and games....

  5. #255
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,923
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I use the same system when I post on here...I read it through and always find words omitted that I was sure I had typed - brain ahead of fingers syndrome...or duplicates of words like "and" and "the". Sheesh! Even rereading isn't foolproof as I discover after I hit the Reply with Quote button and it's permanent. I sometimes wonder if people think I'm drinking! All in a day's fun and games....
    Good Morning Pol, that it is. I enjoy it.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #256
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,947

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    There should also be wage/pay protections to ensure that the prostitute gets to keep the majority of her pay earned from her services so that she is not taken taken advantage of by a pimp,'employment' agency, brothel, cat house or some other employer.
    Does a plumber or electrician get to keep the majority of the fee from any given job when they are under the employ of another? Or to move to a more service oriented job, does an accountant get to keep a majority of the fee for the client that he solely handles? No, so why should the prostitute who is working for someone else be any different? If it is a business the it is a business and should be run as such. Now one who is self employed of course will keep a majority of their money, but when you work for someone else, the worker is not the one who keeps the majority of the money for any given transaction, but it retail, food service, plumbing, or sex trade.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  7. #257
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Legalize it. Regulate it. Tax it. Go for it.

    But the worker has to be 18 to participate, and there should be randomly required disease screenings.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #258
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,497

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    This has been asked and answered a billion times.

    Two consenting adults should be able to do anything they want. A business transaction is a business transaction, whether it be cleaning a pool, removing unwanted body hair, surgical implants in one's posterior, or having sex.

    As long as the two parties (or more ) agree to the terms and conditions before hand, who the hell should care?

    How are actors and actresses in the porn industry not considered prostitutes?

    Keeping it all illegal sure isn't preventing it from happening.

    If doing it for free isn't illegal, why is getting paid to do it illegal?


    And again, to re-iterate, as long as the people involved are legally consenting adults, it shouldn't be anyone else's concern.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  9. #259
    Educator idea_steed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    932

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    This has been asked and answered a billion times.

    Two consenting adults should be able to do anything they want. A business transaction is a business transaction, whether it be cleaning a pool, removing unwanted body hair, surgical implants in one's posterior, or having sex.

    As long as the two parties (or more ) agree to the terms and conditions before hand, who the hell should care?

    How are actors and actresses in the porn industry not considered prostitutes?

    Keeping it all illegal sure isn't preventing it from happening.

    If doing it for free isn't illegal, why is getting paid to do it illegal?


    And again, to re-iterate, as long as the people involved are legally consenting adults, it shouldn't be anyone else's concern.
    Your point is simplistic. It's not just a matter of money, but also of morality, health, human trafficking and so on.
    Passion and Patience

  10. #260
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,497

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by idea_steed View Post
    Your point is simplistic. It's not just a matter of money, but also of morality, health, human trafficking and so on.
    Human trafficking is a whole different topic.

    Two consenting adults. A (verbal) contract. Business. Period. Nobody elses concern but the two involved.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •