View Poll Results: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    205 74.01%
  • No

    27 9.75%
  • I don't know

    35 12.64%
  • Other

    10 3.61%
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 328

Thread: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

  1. #231
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not assume all prostitutes will be women.
    In the last sentence of the post you only used her/she.

  2. #232
    Educator idea_steed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    932

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I simply think it is up to the woman involved. Guy for that matter. If their body belongs to them, then each individual can decide what to do with their own body. Pretty simple.
    Body autonomy is not absolute. Do you know that committing suicide is a crime in some countries?
    Passion and Patience

  3. #233
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,951
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by idea_steed View Post
    Body autonomy is not absolute. Do you know that committing suicide is a crime in some countries?
    If committing suicide is a crime in some countries, what those countries ought to do is crack down on those who commit suicide and arrest them, through them in jail. Throw the book at them.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    03-17-15 @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?


    Vote: Other

    Once again, its a states rights issue because the U.S. Constitution does not address it. It is legal in Nevada already.

    When are people ever going to realize that we have a Constitution, and any power that is not specifically enumerated in the Constitution is none of the U.S. government's business, and falls to the states.

  5. #235
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    If committing suicide is a crime in some countries, what those countries ought to do is crack down on those who commit suicide and arrest them, through them in jail. Throw the book at them.
    Good morning, Pero.

    Well, it would certainly send some kind of message! After they serve their time in jail, will they be told by the judge that if they try it again they will really be in big trouble? :

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    03-17-15 @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    How interesting, that probably the same people who perpetuate the lie that Republicans wage a war on women would see women in a "profession" where they sell their bodies to men for money. Oh, the hypocrisy.

  7. #237
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryOfromCA View Post

    Vote: Other

    Once again, its a states rights issue because the U.S. Constitution does not address it. It is legal in Nevada already.

    When are people ever going to realize that we have a Constitution, and any power that is not specifically enumerated in the Constitution is none of the U.S. government's business, and falls to the states.
    Greetings, TerryOfromCa.

    Most of us understand this - it's the idiots in DC that are having a problem with grasping the concept! : Maybe if we printed it out in big block letters ? ....

  8. #238
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    "Selling is legal and ****ing is legal so why isn't selling ****ing?"

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryOfromCA View Post

    Vote: Other

    Once again, its a states rights issue because the U.S. Constitution does not address it. It is legal in Nevada already.

    When are people ever going to realize that we have a Constitution, and any power that is not specifically enumerated in the Constitution is none of the U.S. government's business, and falls to the states.
    Also very true.

    10th Amendment.

  9. #239
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryOfromCA View Post
    How interesting, that probably the same people who perpetuate the lie that Republicans wage a war on women would see women in a "profession" where they sell their bodies to men for money. Oh, the hypocrisy.
    Which is different how than marrying for money or support? Plus, pretty sure most of those who support legalization support it for both sexes, not just women. This is selling a service, sex, not your body. The major problem is this view that selling sexual services somehow diminishes you as a human being. It doesn't and shouldn't. It's just a service so long as all parties are agreeing to the acts.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,951
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good morning, Pero.

    Well, it would certainly send some kind of message! After they serve their time in jail, will they be told by the judge that if they try it again they will really be in big trouble? :
    Yeah, even if they was successful the first time.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •