View Poll Results: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    205 74.01%
  • No

    27 9.75%
  • I don't know

    35 12.64%
  • Other

    10 3.61%
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 328

Thread: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

  1. #151
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact that I'm really not in favor of prostitution. Maybe, I was a few years ago. However, seeing my own daughter grow up, I'd never want her or any other young woman to end up in a position where traffickers could simply bring her to another country and bribe police officers like they do in Germany. Can you imagine the NYPD/LAPD being in charge of dealing with legal/illegal prostitution? With their abysmal track records of corruption? **** that, nonsense.
    The bad behavior, i.e. corruption of the cops does not justify useless unConstitutional laws. If that's an issue...fight the corruption. THose people are supposed to be protecting the public. If they cant do that, clean house.

    It was a major issue during Prohibition...but dealt with and overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Most messages on this thread are nave. Most prostitutes are drug addicts doing $10 to $20 BJs or doing so to be paid in drugs. Pass all the regulations you want - and the mean nothing other than more charges to file against them. Professional high dollar prostitutes are very, very rare - and even they aren't going to put into government record they're a prostitute.

    Also what constitutes prostitution versus escort service with out a promise of sex, but it will happen of course, means more jailing of poor people and those with money aren't.
    If a woman had a choice between a job at McDonalds and a safe job as a prostitute in a legitimate business for better $, and she preferred prostitution...why shouldnt she take the job as a prostitute?

    Not interested in your moral judgements....no one is forced here, it's a choice to hopefully eventually better her life. Where is she going at McDonalds? If the stigma were removed from prostitution, she'd be making more and have a chance at a better life. Why shouldnt she have the opportunity if she chooses? Are only whores and drug addicts willing to work for a better life by selling sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    The bad behavior, i.e. corruption of the cops does not justify useless unConstitutional laws. If that's an issue...fight the corruption. THose people are supposed to be protecting the public. If they cant do that, clean house.

    It was a major issue during Prohibition...but dealt with and overcome.
    There is no right to engage in prostitution. Get serious.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #154
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    American businesses are open to inspections. And documentation. I have no doubt that, unlike agriculture, these newly minted businesses would be inspected on a regular basis. It would take some time to normalize of course....much like the churn here with trying to adapt and figure out reasonable regulating of pot businesses.
    Your naive arguments aren't worth addressing. When you actually understand how prostitution works, get back to us.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #155
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Better question is how many of you want your daughters doing it?
    So some people's moral judgments should decide an issue of law?

    If your daughter isnt forced...what's the problem? Or do you think she'd be interested?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your naive arguments aren't worth addressing. When you actually understand how prostitution works, get back to us.
    And why do you assume I do not? (And why would I assume you do?)

    We have brothels now in NV, and escort services flying just under the radar. They are profitable businesses and the women are certainly better off than most street prostitutes.

    No one said it would solve the entire problem of the lowest common denominator like women hooking for drugs, just like legitimate jobs for most people dont stop other lowlifes from stealing to support their habits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    There is no right to engage in prostitution. Get serious.
    It's no different than any other business...why should it be against the law? Anything not covered in the Const is legal....yada yada yada. There's no reason to keep it illegal except for archaic moralization. Not the job of the govt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #158
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's no different than any other business.
    It would be no different than any other business if every other business also was composed of drugs, human trafficking, extortion, etc. Get serious and find a new argument.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #159
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And why do you assume I do not? (And why would I assume you do?)
    Mostly cause your posts are naive. Prostitution isn't a business to the overwhelming majority of junkies out there. You know... the people actually doing it? It's a means to an end. It's how they get money to get their fix. They're not just waiting for it to be legalized so they can come out of the shadows and file tax returns. Once it's legalized, 20 year old junkies will continue to pimp themselves out for 20 bucks and a few rocks. People who traffick human beings will continue to do it because nothing pays more than a scared hooker who doesn't speak the local language. The fact that you'd ignore such common cases so you can paint this rosy picture of how things will be once it is legalized tells me you don't know how prostitution works for the overwhelming majority of people who do it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #160
    Educator foadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Bangkok/Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    917

    Re: Do you support the legalization of prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by michijo View Post
    I was thinking that tonight, what we need are real brothels with red lights in the streets and women waking around half naked. All this illegal brothel bussiness is no good. You have to go to Vietnam or somewhere.
    Brothels are bottom of the barrel IMO. When I hear the word brothel I think of chicken farms in Cambodia, chongos in Ecuador, etc. Assembly line style service, no GFE, dirty, just an awful experience overall. US already has the perfect venues for working girls: strip clubs, day spas, KTV's, casino lounge bars, nightclubs, etc. Creating brothels would be pointless.

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •