View Poll Results: Rand Paul or any Democrat.

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rand Paul

    13 23.64%
  • Any Democrat

    42 76.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Rand Paul or any Democrat

  1. #11
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Rand Paul or any Democrat

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I hate to break this to you.....but, there won't be any atheists in the race...
    There's plenty of room between atheism and creationism.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Rand Paul or any Democrat

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    There's plenty of room between atheism and creationism.
    I agree.

  3. #13
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Rand Paul or any Democrat

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Here's a better question. People who think that the world is ten thousand years old (including Rand Paul) or people who actually follow evidence and science (most Democrats)?

    I don't think that anyone who seriously believes in magic and is unable to understand reality has a place in elected offices. Not when you're making decisions with a large effect on reality. The only factors you consider ought to be real ones.
    I've never heard that he believes that...

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Rand Paul or any Democrat

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I've never heard that he believes that...
    ..that's because he's never said it

  5. #15
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Rand Paul or any Democrat

    Punxsutawney Phil over Rand Paul unless it's a long lasting winter.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  6. #16
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: Rand Paul or any Democrat

    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Punxsutawney Phil over Rand Paul unless it's a long lasting winter.
    The big day is only three weeks away.
    I predict Phil and Rand will split the rodent vote, thereby enabling a Hillary victory.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  7. #17
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Rand Paul or any Democrat

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I hate to break this to you.....but, there won't be any atheists in the race...
    There probably are quite a few, but they have to pretend not to be. Don't forget, religious adherence drops sharply when someone becomes more educated, and most political figures are quite well educated. It's likely we have a lot more atheists in elective office than you think. It's also likely that many who make a lot of pro-religious noise are also just pandering and don't mean a lot of it. Unfortunately, far too many of them actually do.

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I've never heard that he believes that...
    He endorses the viewpoints of young earth creationists and then refuses to say how old he thinks the earth is. There is only one answer. It's as old as the evidence shows. It's not a matter of opinion. So take your pick. He's either lying and waffling and pandering to those who do think that we should make decisions based on magic, or he is one of them. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming that he is honest.

    Either way, not someone who can be trusted to make rational decisions based on the facts with any kind of significant power.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #18
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: Rand Paul or any Democrat

    Rand Paul would be the lesser of two evils, but odds are I'd vote 3rd party.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rand Paul or any Democrat

    Assuming third parties are not an option...

    Rand Paul over Hillary Clinton/Joe Biden

    Elizabeth Warren/Bernie Sanders/Jim Webb over Rand Paul.

    But if anyone other than Sanders or Webb gets the Dem nomination, I'm going with Gary Johnson again. Not perfect by any means, however he is pretty good (IMO) once you step away from economics.

  10. #20
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Rand Paul or any Democrat

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    There probably are quite a few, but they have to pretend not to be. Don't forget, religious adherence drops sharply when someone becomes more educated, and most political figures are quite well educated. It's likely we have a lot more atheists in elective office than you think. It's also likely that many who make a lot of pro-religious noise are also just pandering and don't mean a lot of it. Unfortunately, far too many of them actually do.



    He endorses the viewpoints of young earth creationists and then refuses to say how old he thinks the earth is. There is only one answer. It's as old as the evidence shows. It's not a matter of opinion. So take your pick. He's either lying and waffling and pandering to those who do think that we should make decisions based on magic, or he is one of them. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming that he is honest.

    Either way, not someone who can be trusted to make rational decisions based on the facts with any kind of significant power.
    I don't know of a politician that doesn't fluff to get the base to accept him. Obama did the same in many instances... He claims he is Christian and claimed he was against gay marriage when he ran for office... I bet those were both because of political purposes. I think he is Atheist/agnostic. Obama would not be able to run as an Atheist, hasn't been done before in America on that scale.

    Since a decent part of the republican base is evangelical, Paul probably purposely made it ambiguous. Here is one quote from him “My faith has never been easy for me. Never been easy to talk about and never been without obstacles.” Paul said he struggled to understand “how tragedy could occur in a world that has purpose and design.” Which sounds agnostic...

    Welcoming freedom of religion and letting Evangelicals think what they want is fine... Having them change text books and such is silly... I don't think Rand Paul has ever advocated that.

    It's impossible to fit the whole country into two sides... Both sides stand next to crazies and both sides have to become leaders of the vast amount of different groups of people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •