View Poll Results: What Percentage of US Population Wants To Ban All Firearms?

Voters
477. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 5%

    12 2.52%
  • 5-10%

    15 3.14%
  • 10-20%

    18 3.77%
  • up to 25%

    24 5.03%
  • 25-35%

    35 7.34%
  • 35-50%

    197 41.30%
  • insignificant amount

    18 3.77%
  • dangerously large amount

    140 29.35%
  • it's a total non-issue - just propaganda

    9 1.89%
  • other - please explain

    23 4.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

  1. #51
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Lol, ok dude, whatever you say.

    Since we're all in the mood, apparently, to strip away constitutional rights, let's do away with the first amendment. Everytime the "protesters" gather in places like Ferguson, NYC, Occupy Wall Street...etc, it just ends up with a bunch of people firebombing buildings, damaging property, murder, robbing liquor stores, doing drugs in the streets while blocking traffic...it's just a mess. If we get rid of guns, we need to get rid of the right to "protest".

    See? We just set a precedent. If we get rid of one of our bill of rights, we can get rid of them all!
    I didn't say I agreed with it. I simply stated that I believe that is the number of people who wish to get rid of it. I agree that the 2nd amendment is very important. As with every one of our rights. I dedicate my political existence to defend ALL of our rights. Though I just point out your example is simply not accurate. Via the NSA the 4th, and it could be argued the 3rd amendment have been trampled upon. With your logic, the rest of them should have fallen as well, alas they have not. Because peopel do not hold others accountable. I stand up for all rights, including the those promised in the 3rd and 4th. You seem to overlook those to protect the 2nd amendment.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    I didn't say I agreed with it. I simply stated that I believe that is the number of people who wish to get rid of it. I agree that the 2nd amendment is very important. As with every one of our rights. I dedicate my political existence to defend ALL of our rights. Though I just point out your example is simply not accurate. Via the NSA the 4th, and it could be argued the 3rd amendment have been trampled upon. With your logic, the rest of them should have fallen as well, alas they have not. Because peopel do not hold others accountable. I stand up for all rights, including the those promised in the 3rd and 4th. You seem to overlook those to protect the 2nd amendment.
    I'm a big advocate of calling out the government for the Patriot act and the NSA's boundaries. I've stated that many times.

  3. #53
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    I'm a big advocate of calling out the government for the Patriot act and the NSA's boundaries. I've stated that many times.
    You failed to do so in this post, in which you were calling me out about favoring certain amendments over others, which leads me to believe it obviously is not on the forefront of your thought.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    You failed to do so in this post, in which you were calling me out about favoring certain amendments over others, which leads me to believe it obviously is not on the forefront of your thought.
    Very irrational way of thinking, but best of luck to you.

  5. #55
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I keep reading threads from people who insist on calling out "gun grabbers" as if there's a significant portion of the population of America that would like to ban all guns, from all people, all the time.

    To me this always comes across as dishonest, fear-mongering propaganda.

    So I thought I'd try to ask an honest question in hopes of getting an honest answer.

    In your humble opinion, what percentage of all US citizens (of legal voting age) do you think want to make private citizens owning and firing any and all guns an illegal act?

    Do you think it's an insignificant amount? Less than 5% of total population? Do you think it's a significant amount? Upwards of 45-50%?
    Somewhere in-between? Is it an honest concern, or just a hot-button phrase used to basically subdue any "real" discussion in favor of propaganda and fear?
    You changed your wording.

    People who "would" agree to ban all guns is not the same thing as people who "want" to ban all guns.
    ________________________________

  6. #56
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

    According to Gallup, 24% of Americans favor a handgun ban. So I'd say those that would support a ban on all firearms has to be somewhat lower than that. Probably 15-20% max.
    Social democrat is no longer an accurate description of my views.

  7. #57
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I keep reading threads from people who insist on calling out "gun grabbers" as if there's a significant portion of the population of America that would like to ban all guns, from all people, all the time.

    To me this always comes across as dishonest, fear-mongering propaganda.

    So I thought I'd try to ask an honest question in hopes of getting an honest answer.

    In your humble opinion, what percentage of all US citizens (of legal voting age) do you think want to make private citizens owning and firing any and all guns an illegal act?

    Do you think it's an insignificant amount? Less than 5% of total population? Do you think it's a significant amount? Upwards of 45-50%?
    Somewhere in-between? Is it an honest concern, or just a hot-button phrase used to basically subdue any "real" discussion in favor of propaganda and fear?
    well gallup said its 26% for handguns so the answer is 25-35% and I for one think that is a dangerously high amount
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #58
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

    Would the 41% who claim that 35-50% of Americans want to ban all guns like to present any evidence that that statistic is anywhere near realistic?
    Social democrat is no longer an accurate description of my views.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,564

    Re: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well gallup said its 26% for handguns so the answer is 25-35% and I for one think that is a dangerously high amount
    #1) handguns do NOT equal ALL guns
    #2) 3 out of 4 people don't want to ban handguns based on Gallup
    #3) from the Gallup link provided in the post just before yours:

    Despite Americans' willingness to strengthen gun laws in the wake of Sandy Hook and other deadly mass shootings, Gallup finds public opposition to a broad ban on the possession of handguns at a record-high 74%. Conversely, the 24% in favor is the lowest recorded since Gallup first asked the question in 1959.
    How fast would you fly to Las Vegas is you were given odds of 75% chance of winning?

    Also - with the one exception of "assault weapons" (which are really assault-style weapons) - the vast majority of people wanting to ban rifles is FAR lower than those wanting to ban handguns so I can't see any reason for you increasing your percentage for people who'd want to ban all guns. It should probably decrease based on total banners would be in favor of handgun bans, but I'm sure plenty of handgun banners are not for banning ALL guns.

    At any rate - the crowd that chants "they're gonna take our guns" is really doing a chicken little sky is falling propaganda routine.

    Again - we're talking about a total ban on ALL guns here.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  10. #60
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    #1) handguns do NOT equal ALL guns
    #2) 3 out of 4 people don't want to ban handguns based on Gallup
    #3) from the Gallup link provided in the post just before yours:
    4.)How fast would you fly to Las Vegas is you were given odds of 75% chance of winning?
    5.)Also - with the one exception of "assault weapons" (which are really assault-style weapons) - the vast majority of people wanting to ban rifles is FAR lower than those wanting to ban handguns so I can't see any reason for you increasing your percentage for people who'd want to ban all guns. It should probably decrease based on total banners would be in favor of handgun bans, but I'm sure plenty of handgun banners are not for banning ALL guns.
    6.)At any rate - the crowd that chants "they're gonna take our guns" is really doing a chicken little sky is falling propaganda routine.

    Again - we're talking about a total ban on ALL guns here.
    1.) correct thats why i mentioned "handguns" LOL
    2.) correct nor did i say so, the question is what percentage would want guns illegal i said according to gallup 26% do LMAO
    3.) yes i used gallup too lol
    4.) not sure what this has to do with anything i still find that 26% of the population wanting to ban handguns dangerously high
    5.) awesome thats good news but again still meaningless to anything i said
    6.) well this i agree with i have said many times our guns arent going anywhere
    7.) yes im aware, never said we werent, i was simply pointing out that 26% want hangun bans and thats crazy to me. I can post rifle bans if you like? for rifles its actually HIGHER. it's 44%

    "assault rifles"
    Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own-rifles-jpg


    handguns
    Percentage Of USA That Would Make All Guns Illegal To Own-hangun-jpg



    hope the helps clear up your confusion
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •