View Poll Results: Was Senator McConnell correct?

Voters
343. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 0.58%
  • No

    278 81.05%
  • Other

    63 18.37%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

  1. #21
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    That's rather desperate of you.
    No, it isn't.

    Mitch McConnell says economic uptick coincides with expectation of GOP Senate takeover | PolitiFact



  2. #22
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,654

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Oh God. The "fact checkers" again.

    For goodness sakes, guys. Listen to the clip.

    1. Development A

    2. Development B

    They take place roughly the same time.

    Golly gee, this means we should get stuff done to push the economy forward.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #23
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    What's desperate is people defending that McConnell didn't indeed continue with the
    GOP messaging war that they are to credit for the economy turning around.

    Not to mention the economy turning around in spite of the all-time leader of filibusters completely obstructing the process of amendments.

    And this time, DEMs aren't sitting on their hands, fighting back against the obvious lies being spewed by McConnell and Norquist .

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    That's rather desperate of you.
    Physics is Phun

  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,291
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Oh God. The "fact checkers" again.

    For goodness sakes, guys. Listen to the clip.

    1. Development A

    2. Development B

    They take place roughly the same time.

    Golly gee, this means we should get stuff done to push the economy forward.
    You are correct that it is entirely possible that he meant only that they happened the same time. He would be wrong about it, but that is entirely possible that is what he meant. I suspect he was trying to imply that the reason for the upswing was the expectation, but he did say "coincide". It is irrelevant to the accuracy of his statement, since in fact they do not coincide however.

    Edit: and for pb...this is why you should never overstate your case. Fiddy is correct in stating he did not claim it as a cause, and imply requires reading his mind. If you stick to what is simply verifiable, then you do not give people this legitimate complaint about what you said.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Oh God. The "fact checkers" again.

    For goodness sakes, guys. Listen to the clip.

    1. Development A

    2. Development B

    They take place roughly the same time.

    Golly gee, this means we should get stuff done to push the economy forward.
    Without the lies of 'dynamic scoring', I agree .
    Physics is Phun

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Just exactly who on this board are you accusing of being a partisan hack with the way your rightie friends are acting right now, Kal.
    As lying GOP Senators now take credit for the Obama economy after damning it for six years.

    It's your GOPs not taking credit for the disaster they left us with decreased revenues and the resulting increased deficits.
    And lying about Obama losing those 2.2 million jobs his first three months
    And then your strawman going back to several Presidents--lame at best.

    And why no discussion of decreased revenues left from the Bush administration or any other specific points I made?
    I won't hold my breath for a nonpartisan/bipartisan response from you .
    You still don't get it do you? 1: I'm not associated with the GOP in any way shape or form. 2: Whether you like it or not BOTH sides have the same amount of blame. 3: Yes, I'm calling anyone that blindly supports their side and ignores the negatives of their own side partisan hacks. That is after all what being a partisan hack is all about. 4: There is no strawman going on because my post did not claim that anyone said that. Quite the opposite in fact. 5: The rest of your points had nothing to do with anything except to make excuses. That is why they were ignored.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #27
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You still don't get it do you? 1: I'm not associated with the GOP in any way shape or form. 2: Whether you like it or not BOTH sides have the same amount of blame. 3: Yes, I'm calling anyone that blindly supports their side and ignores the negatives of their own side partisan hacks. That is after all what being a partisan hack is all about. 4: There is no strawman going on because my post did not claim that anyone said that. Quite the opposite in fact. 5: The rest of your points had nothing to do with anything except to make excuses. That is why they were ignored.
    Do you know anything about 'dynamic scoring' that the GOPs are about to use to help bring this economy to a stall.
    It's a CBO gimmick to count future revenues because of tax cuts to the rich--better known as 'voodoo' economics.
    Nothing partisan so far.

    So you dismiss the loss of revenue due to huge job losses at the end of Bush and the start of Obama?
    Which you know caused the huge deficits in Obama's first two years.
    Still nothing partisan.

    And because McConnell is now taking credit for the Obama economy, you blame both sides for being partisan hacks?
    You call that partisan on my part for pointing out GOP hypocrisy in THIS thread?

    And while I'm talking to you, how do you feel about GOP Senators and posters tying Obama to the French massacre?
    Talk about GOP partisan hack jobs .
    Physics is Phun

  8. #28
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    when he said this:

    "After so many years of sluggish growth, we’re finally starting to see some economic data that can provide a glimmer of hope the uptick appears to coincide with the biggest political change of the Obama administration’s long tenure in Washington: the expectation of a new Republican Congress."

    What a maroon. (McConnell)
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #29
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    when he said this:

    "After so many years of sluggish growth, we’re finally starting to see some economic data that can provide a glimmer of hope the uptick appears to coincide with the biggest political change of the Obama administration’s long tenure in Washington: the expectation of a new Republican Congress."

    He is an idiot... and only idiots believe what he says.
    PeteEU

  10. #30
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Perhaps you should learn the Senate Majority Leaders name.
    You mean his real name, turtleman?

    Was Senator McConnell Correct...-deadringersturtlemcconnell-jpg

    Why in the world would anyone watch or listen to someone who filibustered their own bill?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •