View Poll Results: Was Senator McConnell correct?

Voters
343. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 0.58%
  • No

    278 81.05%
  • Other

    63 18.37%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

  1. #11
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Best job growth in 15 years and McConnell is now taking credit after the fact.
    Who would have guessed--I did and predicted it just after the election.

    The real sad part is that GOP posters will now change from bashing Obama's economy to repeating GOP talking points.
    And GOP voters will never know the difference .
    That's really not much of a change, it was talking points before too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #12
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I think I am disagreeing with you. It was political grandstanding, but of the sort that is mostly ceremonial in nature. McConnell is simply saying their opportunity to shine is now.
    Well, they don't need actual policies. Just being around made things automatically better.

    He's more full of **** than a 2 year old's diaper.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #13
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well, they don't need actual policies. Just being around made things automatically better.

    He's more full of **** than a 2 year old's diaper.
    That's not what he was saying. Listen to it again. He is clearly saying that the positive economic signs are coming together at the same time that there is a huge change in the balance of power at Washington, and that it is their responsibility to push forward their agenda to make it better.

    It's standard grandstanding, but hardly doing what has been assumed in this thread. It doesn't help that Pete screwed up the quote and omitted the next sentence. Now every liberal in this thread sees something that wasn't there.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #14
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    And revenues from those first two years were way down due to the massive Bush job loss.

    Yet the GOP continues to dishonestly lay the deficit from the two years you mention on Obama's doorstep, when they caused so much of it .

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I don't have a dog in this particular fight but thought that you should remember that the first 2 years of Obama Presidency was under Democrat control, Conners here could be referring to the upswing of repubs after that 2 year term. So its prolly not just this last election cycle that he's talking about.

    Possible. Food for thought anyways....
    Physics is Phun

  5. #15
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    McConnell and now many other GOPs are indeed moving their messaging war to take credit for Obama's economy.
    They could no longer deny 321,000 jobs in NOV. and 252,000 jobs in DEC. along with the 2nd and 3rd quarter GDP numbers, just for starters .


    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well, they don't need actual policies. Just being around made things automatically better.

    He's more full of **** than a 2 year old's diaper.
    Physics is Phun

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    And revenues from those first two years were way down due to the massive Bush job loss.

    Yet the GOP continues to dishonestly lay the deficit from the two years you mention on Obama's doorstep, when they caused so much of it .
    Traditionally with any other president the first year of their presidency could be blamed on the previous admin. Yet for some reason that doesn't seem to apply to Obama, why is that?

    However, in reality the job loss and the bubble crisis can be traced back across SEVERAL presidents. Both Republican and Democrat. But we won't mention that huh? We'll just continue to be partisan hacks and always blame the other side, no matter the reality. Right?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #17
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Traditionally with any other president the first year of their presidency could be blamed on the previous admin. Yet for some reason that doesn't seem to apply to Obama, why is that?

    However, in reality the job loss and the bubble crisis can be traced back across SEVERAL presidents. Both Republican and Democrat. But we won't mention that huh? We'll just continue to be partisan hacks and always blame the other side, no matter the reality. Right?
    Just exactly who on this board are you accusing of being a partisan hack with the way your rightie friends are acting right now, Kal.
    As lying GOP Senators now take credit for the Obama economy after damning it for six years.

    It's your GOPs not taking credit for the disaster they left us with decreased revenues and the resulting increased deficits.
    And lying about Obama losing those 2.2 million jobs his first three months
    And then your strawman going back to several Presidents--lame at best.

    And why no discussion of decreased revenues left from the Bush administration or any other specific points I made?
    I won't hold my breath for a nonpartisan/bipartisan response from you .
    Physics is Phun

  8. #18
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I think you're misinterpreting it. I'm fixing your quote for you.

    "After so many years of sluggish growth, we're finally starting to see some economic data that can provide a glimmer of hope. The uptick appears to coincide with the biggest political change of the Obama administration's long tenure in Washington: the expectation of a new Republican Congress. So this is precisely the time to advance a positive pro-growth agenda. Some of the measures the new Congress......"

    The very slight change in the economy is occuring at the same time that the new Republican Congress is taking shape, thus the pressure is doubly on them to push forward a "pro-growth" agenda.
    That's untrue, he is implying that because the Republicans won Congress, thats the reason for the uptick.


  9. #19
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    That's untrue, he is implying that because the Republicans won Congress, thats the reason for the uptick.
    That's rather desperate of you.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was Senator McConnell Correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    when he said this:
    "After so many years of sluggish growth, weíre finally starting to see some economic data that can provide a glimmer of hope the uptick appears to coincide with the biggest political change of the Obama administrationís long tenure in Washington: the expectation of a new Republican Congress."

    Mitch McConnell says economic uptick coincides with expectation of GOP Senate takeover | PolitiFact

    First, the third quarter covers July, August and September. So the bulk of this growth occurred before the expectation of a GOP Senate began to jell. Second, GDP growth for the second quarter -- covering April, May and June of 2014 -- was almost as impressive, 4.6 percent. And that was well before the "expectation" of a GOP takeover seemed to take hold. (In fact, for much of that quarter, the New York Times model showed the Democrats likelier to win control than the Republicans.)
    Indeed, the longer-term trend for GDP growth shows that three of the past five quarters -- that is, since mid 2013 -- have exceeded 4 percent growth, and another quarter came close to that. Only one quarter, the first quarter of 2014, was a dud. So itís not as if the impressive third-quarter growth of 2014 came totally out of the blue
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •