View Poll Results: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/rational?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO

    179 84.43%
  • YES

    22 10.38%
  • OTHER

    11 5.19%
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 325

Thread: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/rational?

  1. #181
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/ration

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    I've never heard of someone being forced to marry someone of the same sex.



    >>>>
    Well that is not a surprise. Of course, I didn't say that either.

  2. #182
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/ration

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Are you referring to for-profit businesses that hold out to the public being forced to comply with public accommodation laws?
    I was referring to the persons. CompanyCompanydo not have religious beliefs. People do. If you force a business, you force a person.

  3. #183
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/ration

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    1.)I thought we were seeing if there was precedent in some way that could be compared to making churches perform same sex marriage ceremonies against their conscience. Everything you said COULD be applied to churches who refuse to perform same sex marriage in violation of their conscience and the Bible.

    2.)Words replaced to make the point:

    "...again there would be no FORCE and that would only be successful if they CHOOSE to break the law, become criminals and violate people rights like that Church or Christian Minister did. Laws are laws and rights are rights. Saying they are forced is like saying rap laws could force people to be virgins, its simply disingenuous...no Church or Christian minister has been forced to participate in a gay marriage. VERY easy solution, dont choose to break the law and be a criminal and one wont face the consequences..."

    3.)The Bakery owner was a person of faith and their faith dictated if they participated in a same-sex marriage ceremony, THEY would be in sin against God.
    4.) The government ruled they had to anyway
    5.) so they simply closed their doors instead of committing what they believed to be sin.
    6.) Although they have not yet been seen in America, you can take the same circumstances and apply them to those authorized to authenticate marriage licenses on behalf of the state and force Christian ministers to preside over same-sex marriages or give up their privilege of marrying members of their own congregations because not doing same-sex marriages would be a criminal act of discrimination.
    1.) no it couldnt because the church is protected by the constitution and it can LEGALLY discrimination in the religious realm
    2.) replace all the words you want it instantly fails because there is no ILLEGAL discrimination there for not CRIME or LAW broken, so your point fails based on facts and legality
    3.) meaningless, a baker isnt religious and has nothing to do with religion, if they cant play by the same rules as we ALL have to play by then dont run a business its that simple. Same reasons why st. johns hospital cant just refuse gay patients . Im a christian and i would have to be a complete moron to think that i get special treatment when i open up a business and I get to break laws and infringe on the rights others
    4.) yes the government rule they dont get special treatment and get to break the law lol
    5.) good move they never should have been dumb enough to open them
    6.) no you cant as long as its in a CHURCH and RELIGIOUS REALM because like facts, the law and history prove ZERO laws are broken


    this is a very simple concept

    the church discriminant breaks ZERO laws there for theres no precedence to use against them and the Constitution would have to be amended for them to be breaking the law
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #184
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/ration

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Then you are wrong. People have been punished for not participating or assisting in gay matrimony festivities. As a matter of fact the various incidents were discussed here in the forum.
    sorry facts prove your claim wrong, not ONE single person has been punished for not participating or assisting in gay matrimony festivities . . . not one lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/ration

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    sorry facts prove your claim wrong, not ONE single person has been punished for not participating or assisting in gay matrimony festivities . . . not one lol
    Odd that you don't remember. But maybe that is your problem. In any event, last time someone took that position and posted a few links. This time around you can.

  6. #186
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/ration

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Odd that you don't remember. But maybe that is your problem. In any event, last time someone took that position and posted a few links. This time around you can.
    not my problem at all it factually as never happened if you disagree prove otherwise lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #187
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/ration

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    From who? Extremists? Certainly not a majority of same sex marriage supporters.
    "Same-sex marriage supporters" are, by way of thier beliefs, extremists.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  8. #188
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/ration

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    "Same-sex marriage supporters" are, by way of thier beliefs, extremists.
    nothing extreme about equal rights lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #189
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/ration

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    It hardly seems probable that the Catholics or Lutherans could marry homos. If they do, they will have become new religions.
    I don't disagree but who would have thought that the Catholic church would ever pay for abortions. But, thanks to Obamacare, that's happening.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: Do you believe the idea of churches being forced to marry people is likely/ration

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    I don't disagree but who would have thought that the Catholic church would ever pay for abortions. But, thanks to Obamacare, that's happening.
    That is something that I noted and was somewhat surprised by. Up till now that would have made the law unconstitutional.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •