View Poll Results: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

Voters
383. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    11 2.87%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    2 0.52%
  • Im not American, yes.

    0 0%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    149 38.90%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    172 44.91%
  • Im not American, no.

    49 12.79%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

  1. #101
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    CP, do you have a link for the page that this came from? I'd like to read the article. Thanks in advance.
    it came from the wonkblog. Someone else (I think perhaps even DemSocialist) posted it a while back, the blue and red writing is my own.

  2. #102
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    He wrote the recuiting posters for Al Qaeda and sent 100's of thousands of targets for jihadists into their backyard so yes you could say he created them. Thee was no Al Qaeda presence in Iraq before Bush invaded and took out Sadaam for them.
    Actually AMZ was in Iraq prior to the invasion

  3. #103
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,952
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    it came from the wonkblog. Someone else (I think perhaps even DemSocialist) posted it a while back, the blue and red writing is my own.
    Yup. And he did post his link for me, for which I thank him. Gonna read it over tonight.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  4. #104
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Brilliant!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #105
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,895

    Re: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its quite true that terror didn't start with Obama, however Obama is POTUS and leader of the free world. Why does terror expand under him? You never answered that.
    You cannot draw any correlation between Obama and increased terrorism activity, as there is no actual correlation, just coincidential timing.

    The drop in major crimes over the last decade mirror an increase in gun purchases, but there is also no correlation, just unrelated timing.

    The largest spike in terrorism in the US was 9/11 under W's watch, but you conveniently ignore that fact.

    Honesty is not your strong suit.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  6. #106
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That is interesting. Is it your opinion, then, that Islamist Fundamentalists and their potential supporters are uniquely not tied into global news networks, social media networks, and the like?


    That would sort of violate almost everything we know about this movement, which is almost defined in the modern era through media operations (which both bin Laden and Zawahiri said was the most important line of operation), but if you have anything to show supporting that, I'd be interested to see it.
    Absolutely not. However, the withdrawal from Iraw could hardly be described as a terrorist victory, and it certainly does not account for worldwide trends in terrorism in worldwide. It may and most likely is a factor, but there is a whole lot going on in the world that also have an effect. There is a reason correlation does not mean causation.



    take a look at the darker and lighter red - you will notice that they generally move in tandem. Yes. Perceived success of Islamist Fundamentalist terrorism in one portion of the globe inspires and increases adherence in other portions of the globe. That is part of why ISIL declaring a Caliphate is so huge - it has reached out to and inspired jihadists globally, allowing them to establish support networks that span continents and oceans and increase local levels of threat all over.
    Why do you think I specifically used Russia as an example. Was there some event that happened in Russia that might have influenced them numbers, maybe by a whole lot?

    Edit: sorry if that came off as excessively snarky - it wasn't intended to be abusive.
    Has terrorism flourished under Obama?-i_can_has_huggle-jpg
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #107
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    "raises eyebrow" Did you attend a public school where they did taught you neither how to read charts nor the definition of "exponential"?
    If you are going to make remarks on my education it would be wise to actually use proper English...
    But I dont know about you, but it seems that it has been expanding at a very fast rate since we declared the "war on terror". I wonder why that is? Are you saying we need more troops? I mean after all during the last "surge" it shows an increase in attacks, but then again its been increasing very quickly for the bast 11 years... B


    Yes. Attacks leveled off, and then indeed started to spike again.
    Attacks went down one year in the whole world, but then again you seem to pick and choose what you want to analyze. You seem to mention Iraq a lot and the "troop pull out" and you claim they "stabilized" after the surge..
    But lets look at the number of attacks in Iraq during this "stabilization period".. You will see an increase...
    2008: 1104 attacks GTD Search Results

    2009: 1137 attacks GTD Search Results

    2010: 1178 attacks GTD Search Results

    2011: 1301 attacks GTD Search Results


  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Seems like it would be more acurate to say it has skyrocketed under the republican House of Representatives. It was kinda flat the first couple years after Obama took office, then went way up once republicans took the house.
    This is whats called the dance of the liberal.

  9. #109
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This is whats called the dance of the liberal.
    No, it is called the point going over your head.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Has terrorism flourished under Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    I voted yes, but not for the reasons most. I do not believe it is because Obama is too weak, or because we are no longer technically occupying the Middle East. I voted yes because of our policy towards terrorism. It also expanded under Bush, Clinton and the Elder Bush due to this policy. We cannot go around and bomb everybody that hates us, it is not realistic. There will always be people that hate America. Unfortunately, the majority of people who hate America right now are not people who hate it "just because". They hate America because we cause them to hate us. Every time we play wack a mole with terrorism and use drones to take people out, there is collateral damage, innocent civilians. When we kill them, we make more enemies then we kill. It perpetuates violence. Obama has done too much working to go after terrorists. So that is why I voted yes. We have been entrenched in this war for so long, and every year the attacks get worse, the ideologies get more extreme, we spend more money, and lose more sons and daughters. Maybe we need a new policy, one that fosters peace. How about listen to the people who want to kill us and consider their grievances instead of bombing the sugar out of them. You cannot combat violence with more violence, it will only perpetuate itself.
    Terrorism is a global problem, surely its not all because they "MADE" the terrorists hate them. Why the appeasement?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •