View Poll Results: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    4 3.05%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    8 6.11%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 3.05%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    35 26.72%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    62 47.33%
  • Im not American, no.

    18 13.74%
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 380

Thread: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

  1. #341
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,495

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We are seeing restriction on a free and open society even in the US from islamists.
    Presumably this is Muslims being restricted because their following a law that is more restrictive than US law? If it's voluntary so what? Is US being violated?
    And if so are the violators not being arrested on a large scale?
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  2. #342
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,495

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by HK.227 View Post
    Since radical Islam considers itself at war with the rest of the world, including non-radicalized muslims, I think the question pretty much answers itself.
    Part of the problem of course is what does radical mean. I've seen the term defines so broadly as to encompass a large number of non violent Muslims. The OP seemed to be doing just that.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Presumably this is Muslims being restricted because their following a law that is more restrictive than US law? If it's voluntary so what? Is US being violated?
    And if so are the violators not being arrested on a large scale?
    Its being implemented on private citizens who have nothing to do with sharia law.

    They didn't consent-own it.

  4. #344
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    This is not a wargame for me to "concede."
    "concession" is a debate term where you concede that the other's position is the correct one.

    Weak-o-pedia is not worth my time, and it never works in debates with me.

    It's a list of conflicts and the deaths as a result of them. If the truth and facts are not "worth your time" then what is?

    here are some not wiki...

    Highest death toll from wars | Guinness World Records
    American War Deaths Through History
    World War II death toll of all nations


    Would you like to tell me how these don't count either?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    "concession" is a debate term where you concede that the other's position is the correct one.




    It's a list of conflicts and the deaths as a result of them. If the truth and facts are not "worth your time" then what is?

    here are some not wiki...

    Highest death toll from wars | Guinness World Records
    American War Deaths Through History
    World War II death toll of all nations


    Would you like to tell me how these don't count either?
    Agreed. Nevermind that up to the level of medicine (where data is critical to living) wiki is almost always correct. He's being intellectually lazy.

  6. #346
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Agreed. Nevermind that up to the level of medicine (where data is critical to living) wiki is almost always correct. He's being intellectually lazy.



    It's not like I'm asking him to accept the goofy "left libertarian" premise on wiki. lol
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #347
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    2000 nigerians are believed killed today after a Boko Haram attack. Yesterday many died in Paris by local muslims. In france on new years day alone, nearly 1000 cars were burned by islamic "protestors". ISIS continues to flourish.



    World wide, the death toll continues to climb-whats clear is that the presence of islam often leads to violence, in fact many of the worlds current military conflicts involve islam in a significant way. We live in an international world, where relations between nations matter, and where many value a free society.

    Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?
    Probably not. I'm not an expert on Islam but from what I think I understand, their society places the greatest focus on "the collective," which manifests itself in a diminishing of individual rights. A free society means individuals are free to live as they choose; speak, worship, learn, etc. provided no other person is harmed. From my gathering, it seems the only individual rights allowed in Islam are the rights men have over women and the right to honor, which can result in death if violated in certain circumstances. I apologize if I have misunderstood.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  8. #348
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    "concession" is a debate term where you concede that the other's position is the correct one.
    I do not prescribe to such military terms.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It's a list of conflicts and the deaths as a result of them. If the truth and facts are not "worth your time" then what is?

    here are some not wiki...

    Highest death toll from wars | Guinness World Records
    American War Deaths Through History
    World War II death toll of all nations

    Would you like to tell me how these don't count either?
    Yes, they do not count because they do not cover all the historical world wars that were not done in the name of religion. It is just WW1, WW2, and USA civil war. There is more than that in military exchanges.

    The convincing non-Weaky references would have to put all the wars that were not done in the name of religion in one side, and put all the wars that were done in the name of religion on the other side. The death tolls from both should then be compared.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  9. #349
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I do not prescribe to such military terms.
    /facepalm



    Yes, they do not count because they do not cover all the historical world wars that were not done in the name of religion. It is just WW1, WW2, and USA civil war. There is more than that in military exchanges.

    You didn't look at the links.


    The convincing non-Weaky references would have to put all the wars that were not done in the name of religion in one side, and put all the wars that were done in the name of religion on the other side. The death tolls from both should then be compared.

    I've proven my case, your argument is a childish "nuh uh". I think we are done here.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #350
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Pedophilia is almost universally lothed, at least here-though leftists try to let them out of jail asap.
    Even amongst prisoners-pedophiles are unsafe.
    I heard that it is especially unsafe in prison, and that they are put in special confinement areas for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •