View Poll Results: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    4 3.05%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    8 6.11%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 3.05%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    35 26.72%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    62 47.33%
  • Im not American, no.

    18 13.74%
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 380

Thread: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

  1. #181
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Certainly it will.

    The fools they use as suicide bombers may believe in the 72 virgins waiting for them, or immortality as a martyr, but their handlers tend to be a great deal more sophisticated than that and they don't want a bomb crashing through their ceilings. You may need a couple of them, like Japan, but they'll soon get the drift.
    15 plus years of violence and targeted killings. Hasn't caused deterrence yet.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  2. #182
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    2000 nigerians are believed killed today after a Boko Haram attack. Yesterday many died in Paris by local muslims. In france on new years day alone, nearly 1000 cars were burned by islamic "protestors". ISIS continues to flourish.



    World wide, the death toll continues to climb-whats clear is that the presence of islam often leads to violence, in fact many of the worlds current military conflicts involve islam in a significant way. We live in an international world, where relations between nations matter, and where many value a free society.

    Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?
    Yet another poll - again - skewed to right or left and no option for those who are Independent or Centrists.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #183
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We can and have defeated ideologies-that screwed up shinto warrior code of the Japanese, and Nazism.
    Again, those were sponsored by a single state. The citizens bought into them and it became country wide policy.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  4. #184
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    All religious extremists and radical religions are incapable with free societies.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    15 plus years of violence and targeted killings. Hasn't caused deterrence yet.
    Violence? In fact, apart from the initial 'shock and awe' in Iraq, the military was very subdued in their response to the terrorists. Instead they spent too much time trying to win over 'hearts and minds', which enjoyed some success in Iraq but then Obama had them retreat.

    Had that 'shock and awe' been used once or twice more we wouldn't see ISIS in Iraq now because they know what would be coming. Of course they have nothing to fear from a Community Organizer who they know would run rather than maintain control.

  6. #186
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Yet another poll - again - skewed to right or left and no option for those who are Independent or Centrists.
    The OP sees the world in black-and-white and refuses to acknowledge that his judgment could possibly be impaired by anything or anyone.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Yet another poll - again - skewed to right or left and no option for those who are Independent or Centrists.
    How could an independent or centrist possibly believe that radical Islam is compatible with a free society?

  8. #188
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Violence? In fact, apart from the initial 'shock and awe' in Iraq, the military was very subdued in their response to the terrorists. Instead they spent too much time trying to win over 'hearts and minds', which enjoyed some success in Iraq but then Obama had them retreat.

    Had that 'shock and awe' been used once or twice more we wouldn't see ISIS in Iraq now because they know what would be coming. Of course they have nothing to fear from a Community Organizer who they know would run rather than maintain control.
    The foundation for ISIS was laid long before Obama took office.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  9. #189
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This is the current PC dogma, but it misses the long history of violence (peace only comes through subjugation and control), and often in 3rd world nations that have nothing at all to do with the cold war.
    Historically speaking, peace for any nation only comes through subjugation and control, Muslims empires were, in general, no worse than any other empire of the same time.

    I didn't say every outbreak of Islamist radicalism is directly linked to the Cold War, rather, the origin of the modern cycle of radicalism has its origins in the Cold War.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,399

    Re: Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    2000 nigerians are believed killed today after a Boko Haram attack. Yesterday many died in Paris by local muslims. In france on new years day alone, nearly 1000 cars were burned by islamic "protestors". ISIS continues to flourish.



    World wide, the death toll continues to climb-whats clear is that the presence of islam often leads to violence, in fact many of the worlds current military conflicts involve islam in a significant way. We live in an international world, where relations between nations matter, and where many value a free society.

    Is radical Islam compatible with a free society?
    Of course, it depends on how radical and in which way they are radical. But Christian script is equally stringent and though radical Christianity rubs against our present society's beliefs and behaviour I would not say they were incompatible in any real sense.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •