View Poll Results: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    25 15.34%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    31 19.02%
  • Im not American, yes.

    7 4.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    45 27.61%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    40 24.54%
  • Im not American, no.

    15 9.20%
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 304

Thread: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

  1. #221
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Which is why certain essential rights are spelled out in the Bill of Rights and protected for all against the tyranny of the majority. Government is not supposed to be just the servant of the majority, but the servant of all the people.
    But it's never been that way, it's not even possible for it to be that way. In fact, you don't even want it to be that way, I'm sure you're not out there demanding marriage equality for gays. That's just tyranny of Christianity, something you're apparently all in favor of. You're just a bloody hypocrite, you only care about it when it's *YOUR* side not getting their way. When it's someone you don't like, screw them.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #222
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,894

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    I do not know of any Church that has been forced to perform gay marriages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  3. #223
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post



    We hear much about gay marriage these days, both in the media and in politics. However, many religions (not just Christians) are expressly against gay marriage. There are exceptions, but in general that is the current situation.

    Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    My thoughts TK.
    No. If: The church collective/body which that ordinator is connected to got together and decided on their stance before a case presented itself. Only IF: That church body is legally and officially recognized as a religious structure.

    However irritating it might be - I still believe a religious body has the right to determine how they perform according to their religious edict. It's not denying someone the ability to get married.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #224
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    I do not know of any Church that has been forced to perform gay marriages?
    Because it hasn't happened. But for these people, it's just a hop, skip and a jump from "churches forced to perform gay marriages" to "anyone who claims any religious justification for any kind of discrimination."
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #225
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,894

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Because it hasn't happened. But for these people, it's just a hop, skip and a jump from "churches forced to perform gay marriages" to "anyone who claims any religious justification for any kind of discrimination."
    Yeah Gay Marriage and the next will be incest and pedophilia will be legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,557

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Yeah Gay Marriage and the next will be incest and pedophilia will be legal.
    You forgot bestiality.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  7. #227
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,277

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Marriage isn't this static, unchanging institution as you and other like minded individuals think it is. It has changed and adapted to culture countless times over across the world. It is ignorant to try and establish "ground rules" for something so nebulous and changing as marriage.
    This much is certain. Can you imagine....perhaps some of them have a pipedream to go back to marriage where the women was submissive to her husband and remembered her place.

  8. #228
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,277

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Yeah Gay Marriage and the next will be incest and pedophilia will be legal.
    Lions and tigers and bears. OH MY!

    I knew there was a connection!

    Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?-51mcpypswbl-_bo2-204-203-200_pisitb-sticker-v3-big-topright-0-55_sx278_sy278_pikin4-bottomright-jpg

  9. #229
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,375

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    This much is certain. Can you imagine....perhaps some of them have a pipedream to go back to marriage where the women was submissive to her husband and remembered her place.
    According to statistics half of them can't even stay married...some "sacred institution". Won't it be funny if more gays don't get divorced than straights.

  10. #230
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,894

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Because it hasn't happened. But for these people, it's just a hop, skip and a jump from "churches forced to perform gay marriages" to "anyone who claims any religious justification for any kind of discrimination."
    Fear mongering based upon old testament.
    I always ask those types, please provide an example of where Jesus condemned homosexuality. He did not.
    I am a Christian and (SSM) Same Sex Marriage is a basic human right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •