View Poll Results: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    25 15.34%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    31 19.02%
  • Im not American, yes.

    7 4.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    45 27.61%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    40 24.54%
  • Im not American, no.

    15 9.20%
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 304

Thread: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

  1. #181
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,183

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    In what way?

    From what I see, the overwhelming majority of people here believe churches should have complete and ultimate control over what they do and for whom.

    Perhaps I don't get what you mean?
    You are suggesting to State have power over the Church? Would you go for the opposite to be true?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #182
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,547

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    You are suggesting to State have power over the Church? Would you go for the opposite to be true?
    You answered a question with another question? Which in no way answers the question.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform sick homosexual mockeries of marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    ok that TWO people that think this lunacy is possible anybody else?

    also Im curious what do YOU base this fear on?
    just in your opinion the governments "lack of restraint", peoples authoritarian behavior, equal rights for gays all of the above or other things?
    Expansion of powers, forever war, increased survallence of the population, installation of corporate capitalism, the fact that we jail more people per capita than any other country in the world, lack of political competition, shutting down economic mobility, militarized police against a civilian populace, etc.

    But my statement as it relates to this topic is just one of disbelief. I don't think government is a good source for limitation on government power. I don't put much faith in government's self restraint.
    Last edited by Ikari; 01-09-15 at 02:08 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #184
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,807

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform sick homosexual mockeries of marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Expansion of powers, forever war, increased survallence of the population, installation of corporate capitalism, the fact that we jail more people per capita than any other country in the world, lack of political competition, shutting down economic mobility, militarized police against a civilian populace, etc.

    But my statement as it relates to this topic is just one of disbelief. I don't think government is a good source for limitation on government power. I don't put much faith in government's self restraint.
    so basically you fear everything that involves the government, you have zero trust in them and you have no faith in them for mostly anything
    got it, thanks for answering
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #185
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform sick homosexual mockeries of marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    so basically you fear everything that involves the government, you have zero trust in them and you have no faith in them for mostly anything
    got it, thanks for answering
    Not fear, but government moves for its own interests and unless propey restrained it will trend towards tyranny. Just the nature of the beast. We can keep it restrained and it is our duty to do so. But blind faith in government? Absolutely not.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #186
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,807

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform sick homosexual mockeries of marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Not fear, but government moves for its own interests and unless propey restrained it will trend towards tyranny. Just the nature of the beast. We can keep it restrained and it is our duty to do so. But blind faith in government? Absolutely not.
    who mentioned blind faith? lol
    so then you just worry about everything they do and dont trust them . . got it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #187
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,547

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform sick homosexual mockeries of marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    who mentioned blind faith? lol
    so then you just worry about everything they do and dont trust them . . got it
    For the last few decades, up to a half a century perhaps, our government has been giving us a plethora of reasons why they shouldn't be trusted with just about everything.

    Not sure what any of this has to do with churches and gay weddings though.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform sick homosexual mockeries of marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    who mentioned blind faith? lol
    so then you just worry about everything they do and dont trust them . . got it
    Of course I don't trust them. Government is not a trustworthy system. Necessary, yes; but not trustworthy. We are responsible for it and it requires our input and control to keep. The founders warned us well as to this. It's a basic of government, seen time and time again in human history.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #189
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform sick homosexual mockeries of marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    For the last few decades, up to a half a century perhaps, our government has been giving us a plethora of reasons why they shouldn't be trusted with just about everything.

    Not sure what any of this has to do with churches and gay weddings though.
    I made the off handed comment that I don't innately trust government, and Agent pounced on it as if he had an argument. But if your read what he's written, the argument is nothing more than childish mockery, no actual argument or point.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #190
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,807

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform sick homosexual mockeries of marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    1.)For the last few decades, up to a half a century perhaps, our government has been giving us a plethora of reasons why they shouldn't be trusted with just about everything.
    2.) Not sure what any of this has to do with churches and gay weddings though.
    1.) i dont know if i agree with that at all
    are they 100% trust worthy? of course not because they are run by people lol
    but i have seen nothing that makes me think that churches are going to be forced to marry people they dont want

    2.) i agree i dont think it does, the general QUESTIONS and the SOME trust i have for the government is a non factor for me because i also go by evidence and logic.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •