View Poll Results: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    25 15.34%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    31 19.02%
  • Im not American, yes.

    7 4.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    45 27.61%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    40 24.54%
  • Im not American, no.

    15 9.20%
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 304

Thread: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

  1. #91
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,423

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    I've never understood why someone would want to have someone marry them against their will to begin with. Maybe it's just me, but the underlying tension alone would ruin my wedding day.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #92
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    The factory.


    The factory? You're saying that there's only one factory, eh?

    Who does the baking in that one and only factory?

    Fill us in.

  3. #93
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,423

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The factory? You're saying that there's only one factory, eh?

    Who does the baking in that factory?
    Keebler elfs. Don't you watch tv commercials? Sheesh.

    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,394

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The factory? You're saying that there's only one factory, eh?

    Who does the baking in that one and only factory?

    Fill us in.
    No. There are lots of factories, bakeries and confectioners'. That is why forcing a baker that concientously objects to bake a cake for a gay wedding is so absurd.

  5. #95
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform sick homosexual mockeries of marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    In the First Amendment, it affirms the freedoms of speech, press, and religion; and strongly implies freedom of association, freedom of thought, and freedom of expression. It prohibits Congress from making any law which violates these rights. By incorporation under the Fourteenth Amendment, these rights are protected from violation by lower levels of government as well.

    There is nothing in the Constitution which makes any distinction between an individual, a commercial business, a church, or any other organization. Nothing that implies that any of these may be denied any of these rights.

    Government has crossed the line in selectively denying these rights to individual, and to businesses, in blatant violation of the First Amendment. There is no new precedent that needs to be set in order to deny these rights to churches, that hasn't already been set in denying these rights to individuals or to businesses.

    The line has been crossed.
    Freedom of religion is not the same thing as freedom from all laws and regulations. The more you know...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #96
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    No.
    There are lots of factories, bakeries and confectioners'. That is why forcing a baker that concientously objects to bake a cake for a gay wedding is so absurd.


    What does baking cakes have to do with churches performing gay marriages?

    I don't see the connection.

  7. #97
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    [QUOTE=avatar;1064171409]
    Is there any realistic possibility that a church is going to be forced to perform a marriage?[
    /QUOTE]



    A lot of things could happen before the end of time.

    But that doesn't mean that any or all of them will happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,394

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    What does baking cakes have to do with churches performing gay marriages?

    I don't see the connection.
    It was someone that applauded forcing a baker to supply a wedding in a debate a while ago but said here there was no reason to force a priest do a similar wedding. It seemed inconsistent.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    I have no problem at all with churches not performing gay marriages, in fact, I have no problem with them performing no marriages of any kind. Marriage is mostly secular, churches don't matter.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #100
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    It was someone that applauded forcing a baker to supply a wedding in a debate a while ago but said here there was no reason to force a priest do a similar wedding.
    It seemed inconsistent.


    If you keep up with the news you'll see lots of inconsistent things happen in the USA.

    That's one thing that's consistent in the USA- inconsistency.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •