View Poll Results: What was the reason Gov. Christie hugged Cowboy owner Jerry Jones after Dallas win?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • He was happy with the Cowboys comeback win

    20 5.51%
  • He wants Jerry Jones contributions for his presidential run

    215 59.23%
  • I don't know or care.

    92 25.34%
  • Other

    36 9.92%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Win?

  1. #51
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So soon with the ad-homs Jack? I'm sorry you couldn't show Christie's claim going back any further than 2010. Hardly lifelong.
    You do realize that Chris Christie didn't become Governor of NJ until 2010? Prior to that he was the United States Attorney for New Jersey. Now I'm sure that there are citations all over the internet that you can find on the current United States Attorney for New Jersey's favorite sports teams, right? Because we all know that this is important information that should be readily at hand, since you think Christie's favorite sports teams when he was United States Attorney for New Jersey should have been a matter of public record while he held that role.

    So let's see some links that tell us the favorite sports teams of the United States Attorney for New Jersey and the other states. I mean, it should be very easy to find, right?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #52
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I doubt that anyone could document his/her childhood fandom in this forum.
    I can. I have pictures of myself wearing Raiders clothing. Not in public of course.

    Christie's 2010 statement concludes this matter.
    Still trying?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #53
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I can. I have pictures of myself wearing Raiders clothing. Not in public of course.



    Still trying?
    No, actually. My work here is done.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #54
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,151

    Re: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Wi

    I'll take I don't care for $500 Alex!

  5. #55
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Wi

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You do realize that Chris Christie didn't become Governor of NJ until 2010? Prior to that he was the United States Attorney for New Jersey. Now I'm sure that there are citations all over the internet that you can find on the current United States Attorney for New Jersey's favorite sports teams, right? Because we all know that this is important information that should be readily at hand, since you think Christie's favorite sports teams when he was United States Attorney for New Jersey should have been a matter of public record while he held that role.

    So let's see some links that tell us the favorite sports teams of the United States Attorney for New Jersey and the other states. I mean, it should be very easy to find, right?
    Lol, why are you asking for all this evidence? I asked people to substantiate that he was a lifelong fan with anything other than him saying so. People couldn't. I think he's embellishing his support for the team.





    Then again, he wouldn't be the first politician to do so. I just know I've never seen lifelong Cowboys fans suddenly wearing the colors of teams they're not fans of. Maybe we should ask X Factor if he'd suddenly go celebrate the Giants winning the superbowl? I mean, it's not even like Giants are a NJ team so he can't even be covered by that. Again, I don't care but Christie's support is pretty peculiar for a "lifelong" fan.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 01-07-15 at 04:44 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #56
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol, why are you asking for all this evidence? I asked people to substantiate that he was a lifelong fan with anything other than him saying so. People couldn't. I think he's embellishing his support for the team.





    Then again, he wouldn't be the first politician to do so. I just know I've never seen lifelong Cowboys fans suddenly wearing the colors of teams they're not fans of. Maybe we should ask X Factor if he'd suddenly start wearing a Giants jersey?
    Why are you asking for evidence from Jack that Christie is a lifelong Cowboys fan? And if think there should be something that Jack can show you from before 2010, it must be because you think that it's easy to find out what sports teams people who are US Attorneys. Can't you find it yourself?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #57
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Wi

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Why are you asking for evidence from Jack that Christie is a lifelong Cowboys fan?
    Cause Jack said he was. I tend to ask things from people who say such things. It's a debate forum, and we're supposed to ask people back up their words. I'm crazy like that.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #58
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Cause Jack said he was. I tend to ask things from people who say such things. It's a debate forum, and we're supposed to ask people back up their words. I'm crazy like that.
    And the debate has been concluded, your zombie posting notwithstanding.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #59
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Wi

    At this point it almost seems like piling on.


    Chris Christie's Sports Sin - The Atlantic

    www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/.../chris-christies.../3842...The Atlantic


    2 days ago - Instead, it's Chris Christie, sports fan and presumed 2016 ... days of their Hall of Fame quarterback Roger Staubach in the early 1970s. ... pitch last night as NFL fans lashed out at the Cowboys, owner Jerry Jones, and his friend the Governor. ... that the league is rigged for them, even if other evidence does.

    ". . . . Christie has actually made no secret of the fact that he's been a Dallas fan nearly all his life, since the days of their Hall of Fame quarterback Roger Staubach in the early 1970s. It's not even the first time he's been spotted in Jerry Jones's owner's box this season. That he's remained loyal to them despite the political inconvenience should be admired, particularly in a candidate whose primary selling point is the strength of his convictions. Nevertheless, the mocking and anger reached fever pitch last night as NFL fans lashed out at the Cowboys, owner Jerry Jones, and his friend the Governor. . . ."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #60
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: What Was The Reason Gov. Christie Hugged Cowboy Owner Jerry Jones After Dallas Wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    At this point it almost seems like piling on.


    Chris Christie's Sports Sin - The Atlantic

    Page Not Found - Debate Politics Forumschris-christies.../3842...The Atlantic


    2 days ago - Instead, it's Chris Christie, sports fan and presumed 2016 ... days of their Hall of Fame quarterback Roger Staubach in the early 1970s. ... pitch last night as NFL fans lashed out at the Cowboys, owner Jerry Jones, and his friend the Governor. ... that the league is rigged for them, even if other evidence does.

    ". . . . Christie has actually made no secret of the fact that he's been a Dallas fan nearly all his life, since the days of their Hall of Fame quarterback Roger Staubach in the early 1970s. It's not even the first time he's been spotted in Jerry Jones's owner's box this season. That he's remained loyal to them despite the political inconvenience should be admired, particularly in a candidate whose primary selling point is the strength of his convictions. Nevertheless, the mocking and anger reached fever pitch last night as NFL fans lashed out at the Cowboys, owner Jerry Jones, and his friend the Governor. . . ."
    Repeating the same link from this decade doesn't make you right, Jack. Do you know what lifelong means or not? Wait... how does a lifelong Cowboys fan not have a single picture with Cowboys attire... and yet....



    Seems he was a Giants fans... before he was a Cowboys fan.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •