View Poll Results: Is the American left becoming more and more authoritarian?

Voters
786. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    58 7.38%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    25 3.18%
  • Im not American, yes.

    18 2.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    277 35.24%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    268 34.10%
  • Im not American, no.

    140 17.81%
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 383

Thread: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?

  1. #321
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,121

    Re: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?


  2. #322
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?

    The amount of obvious deciet in this thread is quite stunning.

  3. #323
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    No link to those alleged statements from Rush. Why am I not surprised.
    Copy a quote, paste it into your search bar, and google it. They're all quite genuine.

    Or is that too complicated for you?
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    The amount of obvious deciet in this thread is quite stunning.
    Its what the left does.

  5. #325
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its what the left does.
    Gee, do you think anyone of the leftwing persuasion voted " I'm on the right and vote no "??????? Riiiiight

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    Gee, do you think anyone of the leftwing persuasion voted " I'm on the right and vote no "??????? Riiiiight
    Perish the thought.

    Kinda makes the point, doesn't it?

  7. #327
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its what the left does.
    Indeed. I'm drowning in the virtue of the right.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Indeed. I'm drowning in the virtue of the right.
    Vs standing in the puddle of virtue that is the left?

  9. #329
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Vs standing in the puddle of virtue that is the left?
    ... virtue is a practice that doesn't come naturally to humanity and is essentially a wilful and calculated effort against his own innermost tendencies toward self-aggrandizement and greed.

    It's almost impossible to make for an individual to muster enough will power and conscious effort to become a better person. Most humans who switch from bad to good do so because they "grow" out of it and lose interest with age.

    Ideologies of any kind bring out the worst feelings of entitlement and delusion in human beings. There's no reason for them to exist. If anything good ever happens because of them, its more or less an accident.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is the left becoming more and more authoritarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    ... virtue is a practice that doesn't come naturally to humanity and is essentially a wilful and calculated effort against his own innermost tendencies toward self-aggrandizement and greed.

    It's almost impossible to make for an individual to muster enough will power and conscious effort to become a better person. Most humans who switch from bad to good do so because they "grow" out of it and lose interest with age.

    Ideologies of any kind bring out the worst feelings of entitlement and delusion in human beings. There's no reason for them to exist. If anything good ever happens because of them, its more or less an accident.
    Sounds like a very negative view.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •