View Poll Results: Does this piss you off?

Voters
438. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, it kinda does

    112 25.57%
  • Yeah, it really does

    187 42.69%
  • Not in the least

    86 19.63%
  • None of the above

    53 12.10%
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 366

Thread: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool[W:122]:

  1. #181
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool[W:122]:

    Me thinks that someone is playing with the polls again.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #182
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,834
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool[W:122]:

    This is a non-issue. Really it is.

    If the dog wasn't comfortable laying there, he's just stand up, and Trig would land on his ass. (Ask me how I know).

    If there are some people who are outraged, they need to re-examine what well behaved and well trained dogs do when they don't like something, they walk away or make some noise, both demonstrating they don't like what's going on.

    The fact that the dog is putting up with Trig standing on him clearly demonstrates that it's not bothering the dog.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  3. #183
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,474

    Re: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool

    If you are defending Palin and believe she has the same mindset you express to hold below, then she wants to attacked and flamed. If you apply commonsense to what you are saying, it's ignorant on your part to defend her in being attacked because she is getting what she wants. Attention.

    But the difference between you and Palin is that she is a public figure, and if she posted the photo knowing it would create a public discussion and knowingly put her son in the middle of negative attention, then she's a total failure at being a pubic figure and a parent. She shouldn't use her children to bring negative attention to herself. That is infuriating to me.

    Who knows what the truth is. As I said earlier, I'd be more kind and forgiving if this was a innocent mistake on her part and she lacked the commonsense to know it would create controversy. That's better than using your kid to garner attention, negative attention for yourself at that.





    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Bold: Who cares if people are offended? People do not have a right to not be offended.

    Now, if I was a FB junkie, then yes I prolly would post it for the simple fact that 1: It is cute in its own way and 2: I'm a (pretend) facebook junkie. FB junkies post anything and everything.

  4. #184
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    If you are defending Palin and believe she has the same mindset you express to hold below, then she wants to attacked and flamed. If you apply commonsense to what you are saying, it's ignorant on your part to defend her in being attacked because she is getting what she wants. Attention.

    But the difference between you and Palin is that she is a public figure, and if she posted the photo knowing it would create a public discussion and knowingly put her son in the middle of negative attention, then she's a total failure at being a pubic figure and a parent. She shouldn't use her children to bring negative attention to herself. That is infuriating to me.

    Who knows what the truth is. As I said earlier, I'd be more kind and forgiving if this was a innocent mistake on her part and she lacked the commonsense to know it would create controversy. That's better than using your kid to garner attention, negative attention for yourself at that.
    Except of course you're assuming that I'm actually trying to defend her. I'm not. And I'm also not assuming why she posted that pic beyond the most obvious, she thought it was cute and wanted to share it. I'm not going to automatically assume the worst. You can if you like. But I'm not that type of guy.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #185
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,474

    Re: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool

    I said that we don't know what the truth is, so I am not choosing to assume the worst.

    If Palin had commonsense to know it she would get some criticism for the photo, but wanted to share for the cuteness value, she should have also had the commonsense to express that in the photo details. Something like, "Saw Trig standing on the dog, which is a no no, but it's to cute too not take a photo of and share with you all. Happy New Year!" Instead she posted the photo with a write up about how proud she was of Trig's ingenuity to turn stumbling blocks into stepping stones.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Except of course you're assuming that I'm actually trying to defend her. I'm not. And I'm also not assuming why she posted that pic beyond the most obvious, she thought it was cute and wanted to share it. I'm not going to automatically assume the worst. You can if you like. But I'm not that type of guy.

  6. #186
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool[W:122]:

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post


    Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool - Kids & Family Life, Pet News, Sarah Palin : People.com


    Pic is at the link (which I'll include). So why put this in Polls? I'm curious if the story, to put it bluntly, pisses you off because I gotta admit, as an animal fan, most especially dogs, it kinda pisses me off. Not at the kid, of course, but I know, if it were me, I'd teach my kid to not stand on the family dog.

    Sorry about the weird font and sizing. It did something weird when I copied the quote.

    Attaching poll.



    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    hmmm piss me off?

    no

    but i do think its VERY stupid

    the dog doesnt seem to mine but its dumb because he should be taught better and this COULD be asking for an incident in where the dog will probably be judged and no the poor teachings of the adults. Its just very stupid
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #187
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool

    Palin responded by saying that when Ellen Degeneres showed a similar picture she did not get the criticism.

    Well, mrs. Palin, the child on the Ellen picture was 1. a lot younger and 2. not her child (from what I know).

    And FYI mrs. Palin, you whine about that Ellen Degeneres Show picture that " Did you get all wee-wee’d up when she posted this sweet picture?", you, Mrs. Palin were telling lies yet again because in the first responses to that Ellen picture you can find

    Not cool! This is promoting irresponsbile behavior. Children should learn that dogs are not horses to ride nor are they stepping stools. Not only can the dog be injured but the child from the dog getting up quickly if it hears something or gets startled. Not to mention that this dog may tolerate this behavior today but what about next time? This kid is being taught that it is ok to walk on a dog. What if she were to try that with another dog? There are so many things wrong with this picture and then sharing it as if it were cute, irresponsible on so many levels.
    All you people saying the dog would move: I am a dog trainer. This is why I get people coming to me saying "My dog bit out of the blue!" No, your dog finally stopped tolerating it!
    I'm so disappointed that this would end up on this page The Ellen DeGeneres Show...This is HOW children end up being bitten...What happens when this child starts to get heavier and the dog gets older?! The dog has a sore back and the child climbs on top of him? He turns around and snaps and he ends up in a shelter or put down. Dogs cannot use their words, all they have is actions. This is irresponsible dog ownership. You never know when the dog will get fed up. THIS IS NOT CUTE!
    This isn't funny or cute. The dog is not happy. This is how dogs end up biting and then you hear the parents say "I don't understand what happened, they dog was always a good dog and then they just snapped". Typically a family dog doesn't "just snap" for no reason. It is a parents responsibility to teach their children as early as possible how to behave around dogs and other animals. Dog bites are preventable a lot of the time. Be a responsible pet guardian. I know a lot of people think it's no big deal but it could be a matter of life or death for the for the child and definitely for the dog and at the very least an injured child with a fear of dogs... but the dog always gets put down. .. and for certain breeds they end up banned and hated and bsl laws put in place which solve nothing. This is not cute.
    This is extremely dangerous behavior to be promoting. Not only a huge bite risk to innocent children, but a dog is not built to be stood on like a draft horse. Very sad to see this here.
    To stop dog bites on kids, parents need to learn this isn't ok! Your precious son or daughter gets bit because Fluffy sprained his back and now you blame the dog for lashing out! Shame. Completely preventable circumstances!
    I am so disappointed to see this shared on your page, Ellen. Not only is this dangerous but it's very unsafe. A dog's back is not made to withstand this pressure and our canine companions should never have to tolerate being climbed on, sat on, pulled on or used as a toy; no matter how tolerant they are. This is how children end up bit and then we blame the dogs who suffer quarantine, or worse, euthanasia. Please remove this picture and consider posting one that shares information about proper child and dog interaction.
    Oh my.....I love you Ellen and because I do I need to let you know that for those of us who work with dogs this is not cute or funny. The facial expression on this dog alone is enough to tell anyone that he or she isn't comfortable, it also doesn't teach children safe ways to behave around dogs nor does it teach them to respect animals, this maneuver allowed on a less patient dog could have dire consequences for both the child and the dog, further more the weight of this child on what appears to be a middle aged dog is just plain cruel and could cause physical damage. As a fan of yours and as someone who works with dogs every day could I please ask that in the future you maybe take a second look at what's really going on in the photo before you post it and not just what most people perceive as fun and cute.
    Even in the first 50 responses there is negative comment after negative comment so all you complainers (yes, that includes Palin herself too), you are totally wrong when you say that if a liberal did this she would not get negative comments. Ellen got loads of them when she posted a picture of a much smaller child on the back of a dog. And that child was not even her own child.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #188
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I said that we don't know what the truth is, so I am not choosing to assume the worst.

    If Palin had commonsense to know it she would get some criticism for the photo, but wanted to share for the cuteness value, she should have also had the commonsense to express that in the photo details. Something like, "Saw Trig standing on the dog, which is a no no, but it's to cute too not take a photo of and share with you all. Happy New Year!" Instead she posted the photo with a write up about how proud she was of Trig's ingenuity to turn stumbling blocks into stepping stones.
    Perhaps she should have added that. But she didn't. Doesn't mean that she didn't chastise him for standing on the dog though. Nor does it mean that she was condoning the act.

    As for getting criticism, maybe she just doesn't care? I wouldn't. There are always naysayers no matter what is done or not done.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #189
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,474

    Re: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Perhaps she should have added that. But she didn't. Doesn't mean that she didn't chastise him for standing on the dog though. Nor does it mean that she was condoning the act.

    As for getting criticism, maybe she just doesn't care? I wouldn't. There are always naysayers no matter what is done or not done.
    She's being criticized for appearing to not chastise him, and for appearing to think the photo was nothing but cute and inspiring and see nothing wrong with the situation. If she did chastise him, you think she would share that with the nay-sayers to shut them up now OR she could have done it before when she posted the photo and avoided this all together.

    Why would a person having all the concerns you're suggesting she may have had when the photo was taken, take zero steps to avoid such an easily avoided fiasco on her part?

    All of your suggestions and what ifs don't pan out, and, honestly, her photo don't bother me as much as your silly arguments do.

  10. #190
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    She's being criticized for appearing to not chastise him, and for appearing to think the photo was nothing but cute and inspiring and see nothing wrong with the situation. If she did chastise him, you think she would share that with the nay-sayers to shut them up now OR she could have done it before when she posted the photo and avoided this all together.
    That bold and underlined part right there. They're criticizing her for an APPEARANCE. They don't know that she did or didn't chastise Trig. I find that to be foolish. Maybe she didn't do so because she feels that chastising a child openly isn't the correct thing to do? I know that for me, I will take my kids aside and privately chastise them. I don't embarrass them by openly doing such.

    Plain fact of that matter is that they are assuming that she didn't. The only thing I have done is provide examples of possibilities where she probably did and why she might not have posted such a chastisement on the interwebz. Why have I done this? Because everyone else seems to be focused on the negatives so I'm given options that they either A: didn't consider or B: are too partisan to consider.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Why would a person having all the concerns you're suggesting she may have had when the photo was taken, take zero steps to avoid such an easily avoided fiasco on her part?
    Which concerns is that? I do have CRS so you might need to remind me but I don't recall giving any concerns. I've given examples of what might have occurred or not occurred. But I don't remember any concerns.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    All of your suggestions and what ifs don't pan out, and, honestly, her photo don't bother me as much as your silly arguments do.
    Why don't any of my examples pan out? Because she didn't post something that you thought she should have? All for the sake of appearances? That seems just as silly to me as you seem to think my arguments do.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •