Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 90

Thread: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

  1. #21
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Anyone that proposed to "fundamentally change America". Is a liberal extremist.
    No, a liberal extremist would be someone who embraces and pushes liberal policies. Obama has pushed centrist-left policies domestically, and center-right polices militarily.

  2. #22
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I'm afraid you're mistaken if you think that moderates have a lock on rationality or open-mindedness.
    An attempt at a witty straw man argument - how original of you. Shall I pull that string again and see if something new comes out?

    There's nothing personal here. Some people on this site are incredibly boring and meaningless to debate with. Others aren't. Just because you believe strongly one way or the other doesn't automatically grant you that status, but the percentages are greater the further from the middle you get.

  3. #23
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    An attempt at a witty straw man argument - how original of you.
    What strawman argument? Do you even know what a strawman is? I would suggest you drop the attacks and deliver a point, if you have one.

  4. #24
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,154

    Re: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Anyone that proposed to "fundamentally change America". Is a liberal extremist.
    Also a narcessistic liar.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #25
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

    I would just like to point out how amusing it is that people think they're being 'moderate' or 'non-partisan' by hating on Bush and Obama equally. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Bush led you into war under false pretenses, Obama gave you health insurance coverage. If you think they're equally bad presidents, you're not a moderate under any theory.

  6. #26
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    What strawman argument? Do you even know what a strawman is? I would suggest you drop the attacks and deliver a point, if you have one.
    Yes, the original argument you replied to was a sweeping generalization (dictor simplicitor). Yes, you put words into my mouth and built your strawman argument by responding as if I had said that only moderates had the capacity to be open-minded or rational. I am assuming you didn't remove the remainder of the quote and that I had edited it for clarity after you started your response; I think the rest of the post you quoted provides enough information so as to have avoided this outcome.

  7. #27
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I would just like to point out how amusing it is that people think they're being 'moderate' or 'non-partisan' by hating on Bush and Obama equally. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Bush led you into war under false pretenses, Obama gave you health insurance coverage. If you think they're equally bad presidents, you're not a moderate under any theory.
    I find it amusing you assume that people "hate" them both equally. Just because someone expresses dislike about Bush and Obama at the same time does not mean they are disliked in equal amounts. However, I also think it is naive and illogical to assume that someone can't be a moderate if they dislike Obama's policies as much as or more than Bush's. Strikes me as a sort of "no true Scotsman" statement.

  8. #28
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Lol, here's four pages from that conservative stalwart "Politifact".

    All False statements involving Barack Obama | PolitiFact
    Sorry, but being wrong doesn't equate to a lie. A lie is knowing the truth but saying something else in order to deceive.


  9. #29
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Sorry, but being wrong doesn't equate to a lie. A lie is knowing the truth but saying something else in order to deceive.
    Yeah right. Do you say the same thing when a republican lies?

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Have you Read Dreams From My Father By Barack Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    No, a liberal extremist would be someone who embraces and pushes liberal policies. Obama has pushed centrist-left policies domestically, and center-right polices militarily.
    I LOL on that.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •