View Poll Results: What % of people you know personally would self-ID as liberal?

Voters
527. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less thann 10%

    6 1.14%
  • 10% - 25%

    18 3.42%
  • 26% - 45%

    32 6.07%
  • 46% - 55%

    55 10.44%
  • 56% - 75%

    104 19.73%
  • 76% - 90%

    170 32.26%
  • More than 90%

    99 18.79%
  • Not sure

    43 8.16%
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 165

Thread: How many liberals to you actually know?

  1. #1
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    How many liberals to you actually know?

    This question applies to all the adults who you’ve actually met, seen, interacted with, and who live within approximately 50 miles of you.

    They can be family members, friends, co-workers, fellow students, club members, whoever. The only other requirement is that both of you have to know each other by name.

    Now imagine that you asked each of these people, individually and privately, the following question: “How would you describe yourself politically?”

    What percentage of them would say something like “liberal” or “mostly liberal?”
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    I'm the most right leaning person in my group of friends. Overall, of those I know who have some interest in politics, I'd say about 60% liberal or, at least, Democrat.

  3. #3
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,176

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Maybe somewhere around 65%. I've spent some time in predominantly conservative areas and knew a much higher percentage of conservatives, but as a city gal, there just tend to be more liberals around in most of the places I've lived.

  4. #4
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    It's probably better to ask how many liberals I know, who don't realize they are liberals, and how many people I know, who think they're liberals, but really aren't.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    probably around 10-15%... after all, liberals are a pretty small % of the population.

    the vast majority of folks around me are moderates ( i'm in semi-rural Texas) probably 50-60%.. the rest are conservatives

    even in Vegas, most folks around were moderates.... in Colombia, most are apolitical.( conservative in nature, but not in a political sense)

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    It's probably better to ask how many liberals I know, who don't realize they are liberals, and how many people I know, who think they're liberals, but really aren't.
    ...good point.

    ( the same goes for self professed conservatives too)

  7. #7
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    ...good point.

    ( the same goes for self professed conservatives too)
    I believe it's safe to say that people who self-identify as liberals or conservatives will vote accordingly. Whether they're genuine liberals or conservatives is more an academic question than anything else.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    This question applies to all the adults who you’ve actually met, seen, interacted with, and who live within approximately 50 miles of you.

    They can be family members, friends, co-workers, fellow students, club members, whoever. The only other requirement is that both of you have to know each other by name.

    Now imagine that you asked each of these people, individually and privately, the following question: “How would you describe yourself politically?”

    What percentage of them would say something like “liberal” or “mostly liberal?”
    About 60% liberal. The rest are a variation of moderate, conservative or independent.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    I believe it's safe to say that people who self-identify as liberals or conservatives will vote accordingly. Whether they're genuine liberals or conservatives is more an academic question than anything else.
    well,I don't think they vote according to their ideology, per say.. I do think they vote according to conventional wisdom regarding parties , though.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    In my school setting, like 75% are liberal. Outside of that it's about 50%
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •