View Poll Results: What % of people you know personally would self-ID as liberal?

Voters
527. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less thann 10%

    6 1.14%
  • 10% - 25%

    18 3.42%
  • 26% - 45%

    32 6.07%
  • 46% - 55%

    55 10.44%
  • 56% - 75%

    104 19.73%
  • 76% - 90%

    170 32.26%
  • More than 90%

    99 18.79%
  • Not sure

    43 8.16%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 165

Thread: How many liberals to you actually know?

  1. #121
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,952

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I don't see conservatives on the forefront of any subject. I don't see them revolutionizing any field. I don't see republicans fixing one problem out there either. The problem with conservatives is they only know one word:

    Cut. And then they don't even do that right (or at all some of the time). Not fix. Not streamline. Not improve. Cut. Cut because they don't understand it. Cut because they don't "believe" in it. Cut because it doesn't benefit them. Maybe if they could fix that language and open their heads up to the ideas and problems then they could be the party they want to be. And they could be a party I am interested in.

    Until that day, they're just a bunch of Ebenezer Scrooges as far as I am concerned. And a bah humbug to you, sir.

    maybe one day when you finally have something worth taking, you'll start to see what some of us see

    you want to keep spending....spending .....spending with OTHER peoples money

    if a program didnt work....lets not say it was a bust....lets say we didnt throw enough dollars and resources at it

    What too many of you fail to realize is that these debts and bills will eventually come home to roost

    maybe not in my lifetime....but my kids, or grandkids?

    saddling them with one failed failed program after another....adding debt upon debt....

    when is enough, enough? when will you all realize that there is no utopia?

    there is no perfectly fair world.....and never will be

    that those who succeed mainly do it based upon hard work, and a little luck

    and you may not believe in the "dream"......and i feel sad for you because of it

    without that dream, there is no way you will work as hard as those who still believe in it......

    there are first generation millionaires happening every year in the US.......

    that is the dream......some chase it, and succeed

    some chase it, and get close

    those that dont believe wont chase it........and probably will never come close to hitting it

    that is the difference between us.......i still believe......so do my kids, and their kids
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2. #122
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    maybe one day when you finally have something worth taking, you'll start to see what some of us see

    you want to keep spending....spending .....spending with OTHER peoples money

    if a program didnt work....lets not say it was a bust....lets say we didnt throw enough dollars and resources at it

    What too many of you fail to realize is that these debts and bills will eventually come home to roost

    maybe not in my lifetime....but my kids, or grandkids?

    saddling them with one failed failed program after another....adding debt upon debt....

    when is enough, enough? when will you all realize that there is no utopia?

    there is no perfectly fair world.....and never will be

    that those who succeed mainly do it based upon hard work, and a little luck

    and you may not believe in the "dream"......and i feel sad for you because of it

    without that dream, there is no way you will work as hard as those who still believe in it......

    there are first generation millionaires happening every year in the US.......

    that is the dream......some chase it, and succeed

    some chase it, and get close

    those that dont believe wont chase it........and probably will never come close to hitting it

    that is the difference between us.......i still believe......so do my kids, and their kids
    This post is one giant ramble and the first sentence is an assumption that you can't make.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  3. #123
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I don't see conservatives on the forefront of any subject. I don't see them revolutionizing any field. I don't see republicans fixing one problem out there either. The problem with conservatives is they only know one word:

    Cut. And then they don't even do that right (or at all some of the time). Not fix. Not streamline. Not improve. Cut. Cut because they don't understand it. Cut because they don't "believe" in it. Cut because it doesn't benefit them. Maybe if they could fix that language and open their heads up to the ideas and problems then they could be the party they want to be. And they could be a party I am interested in.
    A bit of a tangent, but I believe you've hit on the biggest problem with the GOP today - although I wouldn't say it's necessarily true for all conservatives.

    Republican strategists have come to the conclusion that they simply don't need to do the hard work of fixing anything - and accept responsibility for fixing it - in order to acquire votes. Instead, they discovered that all they really need to do is to use the problems out there to scare their base, and to blame on the Democrats. It's hard to imagine anything so irresponsible, and it's extremely sad that the voters fall for it.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  4. #124
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    A bit of a tangent, but I believe you've hit on the biggest problem with the GOP today - although I wouldn't say it's necessarily true for all conservatives.

    Republican strategists have come to the conclusion that they simply don't need to do the hard work of fixing anything - and accept responsibility for fixing it - in order to acquire votes. Instead, they discovered that all they really need to do is to use the problems out there to scare their base, and to blame on the Democrats. It's hard to imagine anything so irresponsible, and it's extremely sad that the voters fall for it.
    Agreed, but what really boggles my brain cells is that they still claim being fiscally responsible... and people still fall for it. They haven't been fiscally responsible for at least three decades.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #125
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Again with the poll spamfest.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #126
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Again with the poll spamfest.
    Yeah, I have no desire to participate in polls anymore. At least for the time being.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #127
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    This post is one giant ramble and the first sentence is an assumption that you can't make.
    He can make all the assumptions he wants. And much of the generalizing is true. Liberals waste a lot of money trying to solve problems, but they never solve them. Take poverty, the biggest one. The liberal approach of giving away other people's money to other people hasn't reduced poverty an single iota. And that's only one liberal effort, though the biggest one. But it makes you feel good that you tried to do something. Nice, you can check off that box. BFD as far as actually accomplishing the goal. I know a lot of govt employees are doing well executing those programs.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #128
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    He can make all the assumptions he wants. And much of the generalizing is true. Liberals waste a lot of money trying to solve problems, but they never solve them. Take poverty, the biggest one. The liberal approach of giving away other people's money to other people hasn't reduced poverty an single iota. And that's only one liberal effort, though the biggest one. But it makes you feel good that you tried to do something. Nice, you can check off that box. BFD as far as actually accomplishing the goal. I know a lot of govt employees are doing well executing those programs.
    No, he can't. His first assumption is that I have nothing of value. Which is funny because I have a full-time job, a house, a family, a car, a kid, a bank account, and a financial portfolio. But sure, whatever, who gives a **** if his assumptions make sense, right? He has a right to just make stupid **** up about people and support his fallacious arguments with those ridiculous assumptions.

    As far as your argument... sure, maybe you're right that liberals haven't been able to "solve" some major issues. I'm just glad they try.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  9. #129
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,952

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    He can make all the assumptions he wants. And much of the generalizing is true. Liberals waste a lot of money trying to solve problems, but they never solve them. Take poverty, the biggest one. The liberal approach of giving away other people's money to other people hasn't reduced poverty an single iota. And that's only one liberal effort, though the biggest one. But it makes you feel good that you tried to do something. Nice, you can check off that box. BFD as far as actually accomplishing the goal. I know a lot of govt employees are doing well executing those programs.

    education

    poverty

    energy (green)

    how many boondoggles.....

    how many programs that just didnt work?

    and yet....it is never we failed because of the "plan"

    it is always we needed more...or bigger...

    democrats...aka liberals.....love spending other peoples monies searching for their utopian world
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    10-03-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    10,734

    Re: How many liberals to you actually know?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    No, he can't. His first assumption is that I have nothing of value. Which is funny because I have a full-time job, a house, a family, a car, a kid, a bank account, and a financial portfolio. But sure, whatever, who gives a **** if his assumptions make sense, right? He has a right to just make stupid **** up about people and support his fallacious arguments with those ridiculous assumptions.

    As far as your argument... sure, maybe you're right that liberals haven't been able to "solve" some major issues. I'm just glad they try.
    In fact you have lot, how much taxes are you paying? Maybe you should sure some of that with us, you are not "greedy" are you?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •