View Poll Results: Do you support the NYPD work stoppage?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, teach the mayor and protesters a lesson

    31 18.45%
  • No, but officers refuse to any action with personal risks

    74 44.05%
  • No, work stoppage as a political tactic is not acceptable

    55 32.74%
  • IDK/Other

    8 4.76%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 170

Thread: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for mor

  1. #91
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    We disagree and you have no better system to suggest do you? You just have this general feeling, without the entirety of the facts in any of those cases, that something "unfair" went on. That translates in your mind to misconduct.
    Oh it's not a general feeling. It's recognizing unfair treatment where it exists. The world is a muddy place, not a game of cops and robbers. I think you're too quick to give police the benefit of the doubt over citizens.

  2. #92
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,674

    Re: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    In their hatred of police, some on the left has found the problem and the solution!

    Damn parking meters, crosswalks and stop lights. All those picky misdemeanor and regulatory rules should be eliminated.

    TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT!
    TOO MANY REGULATIONS!
    TOO MANY LAWS!

    Roll government WAY back. Eliminate 90% of regulations and rules. Lay off over half of all government employees and staff. Radically cut taxes.

    A NEW liberal agenda. That's got my vote!
    That sounds more like a conservative or libertarian solution to me.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #93
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,803

    Re: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Dunno, doesn't NYC have a Citizen Review Board? His history may not be as characterized for those who had all the facts.

    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ypd+complaints


    everyone from fox news to 7online has reported it.


    You can choose to wallow in ignorance if you must, it matter to me not.


    fact is there was a settlement for his excessive force against two people.. I think you have been one to make issue with garner's pass, is this a double standard I am detecting?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #94
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,803

    Re: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yeah, except those mentioned are LOCAL ordinances and law. Now, do that with the federal government and you might have something.

    Not sure of the relevance here. I didn't make a distinction between local and federalis.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #95
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I know right, then you have the other extreme calling for more government, more laws, and enforcment of victimless crimes... it's a strange world we live in. lol
    You and I both have been severely critical and calling for action in regards to TRUE and SERIOUS instances and problems with police abuse, while not interesting in the whining picky little crap.

    But most (not all) on the forum are absolutists. 100% support of 100% of the police 100% of the time OR 100% hatred of 100% of police 100% of the time. And if that contradicts their principles, rantings and sobbings, on other topics it doesn't matter. Reasoning, facts and logic are formed only after deciding the conclusion they want to reach.

  6. #96
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Oh it's not a general feeling. It's recognizing unfair treatment where it exists. The world is a muddy place, not a game of cops and robbers. I think you're too quick to give police the benefit of the doubt over citizens.
    You recognize the world is a muddy place and refuse to recognize that some citizens, especially those doing something wrong, routinely lie like rugs wherever police are involved. Knowing this why wouldn't you give the police the benefit of the doubt. Especially when neither of us are party to all the facts in these cases.

  7. #97
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,674

    Re: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for

    I see no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Typically, I stand beside our men and women in blue. I still do.

    But I acknowledge the problem, none the less.

    One reason our police have become militarized is because many of the returning veterans are joining the force in record numbers since Vietnam.

    Therein lies half the problem, in my humble opinion.

    The streets of America are NOT the streets of Baghdad or Kabul. American citizens are NOT the enemy or the Taliban, if you will.

    This mentality does need some work. I do not agree that returning veterans make for the best police.

    We would be in really bad shape without cops.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #98
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,929

    Re: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Most of them want to work. Most of them arent killer cops. There is no evidence Ramos and Liu were anything but good men...good human beings, and good cops. They were executed because a ****head mayor and a bunch of ****head race baiting assholes have stirred up a nationwide cop hating frenzy. And since that is the climate created by the race baiting ****heads, its probably wise that law enforcement is taking a bit of a step back for the moment.
    Bull****.

    They are playing union work slowdown games, and it is childish and wrong, no matter the reason.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #99
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,803

    Re: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You and I both have been severely critical and calling for action in regards to TRUE and SERIOUS instances and problems with police abuse, while not interesting in the whining picky little crap.

    But most (not all) on the forum are absolutists. 100% support of 100% of the police 100% of the time OR 100% hatred of 100% of police 100% of the time. And if that contradicts their principles, rantings and sobbings, on other topics it doesn't matter. Reasoning, facts and logic are formed only after deciding the conclusion they want to reach.



    you are wrong, thier prospective conclusions are provided for them.


    but yes, you are correct, we get these absolutists who help no one.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #100
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The NYPD has essentially stopped writing traffic and parking tickets. Arrests for

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Not enough if you ask me. Palenteno was called an "eagle scout", yet he has 4 excessive force complaints including one where the nypd paid out 30 grand.


    Why was he still employed?
    Because of the union.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •