View Poll Results: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    57 24.89%
  • No

    104 45.41%
  • I don't know?

    44 19.21%
  • He could go but he should have kept quiet.

    24 10.48%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 147

Thread: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

  1. #51
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    "Fantasizing about racist police around every corner". You've blown your credibility to hell and back.

    You remain conspicuously silent on documented evidence of police deliberately targeting minorities and you've dodged documented evidence that the NYPD made up bull**** in areas of the city dominated by minorities in order to meet quotas. All just to make up a strawman to burn down. Yes, remaining silent on the issue of injustice is what cowards do best. Remain silent then, it's probably best to keep your ideas that enable racism to yourself.
    Easy to claim racism - it's what those with no credibility and no answers always do.

    Why do blacks suffer disproportionately in NYC from Stop, Question and Frisk? Because blacks disproportionately commit crimes in NYC. You'd prefer to let criminals - black criminals in particular - roam free, unimpeded by those charged with the duty of reducing and preventing crime. I prefer to see criminals of all colours stopped.

    And just as an aside, ever hear of the RIDE program to reduce drunk driving? Ever been stopped in a RIDE spot check? I have. But since I'm not a criminal and I'm not a drunk driver, I have no problem with police stopping me, questioning me about whether or not I've been drinking, and checking things out. Most law abiding citizens have no problem with it because it helps to keep the streets safe for us and helps catch criminals who choose to drive drunk and put the rest of us at risk on the road. And guess what? The RIDE checks are set up to stop cars leaving the entertainment district where bars and restaurants are. Why? Because that's where drunk drivers are likely to be.

    Same principle of law enforcement at work under RIDE as there is under Stop, Question and Frisk. I'm sure drunk drivers are just as upset as black criminals are. I say too ****ing bad.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #52
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    That's it? That's your beef? You have a hard on because the VP attended?



    Carry on.
    Nonsense. Check out my first post in this thread - it contains my feelings on the issue.

    My response above is related to those who claim that the Mayor and the Vice-President attended for other than political reasons which is a crock.

    You claimed Biden attended for altruistic reasons with no evidence to support that contention. I provided clear reasons why that's a crock. It's fine that you don't like it but it's your point that was totally shown to be a crock and your response is pathetic.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #53
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,116
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Easy to claim racism - it's what those with no credibility and no answers always do.

    Why do blacks suffer disproportionately in NYC from Stop, Question and Frisk? Because blacks disproportionately commit crimes in NYC. You'd prefer to let criminals - black criminals in particular - roam free, unimpeded by those charged with the duty of reducing and preventing crime. I prefer to see criminals of all colours stopped.
    "Playing Chess In A Park, Putting their feet up on subway seats, not wearing a seatbelt". Such dangerous criminals. Yet, I bet if an equal number of cops were as aggressively patrolling Wall Street, Astoria, or Breezy point, then "crime rates" would increase. You seem to be blind to the documented fact that cops were ordered to make more citations in areas dominated by minorities. You're a coward for dodging this point and you're making every excuse in the conservative talking points playbook to do so.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  4. #54
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You claimed Biden attended for altruistic reasons with no evidence to support that contention. I provided clear reasons why that's a crock. It's fine that you don't like it but it's your point that was totally shown to be a crock and your response is pathetic.
    I made no such claim. I challenge you to quote where I said, or implied, what Biden's motivation was.

    I spelled out why and when a higher-than-local politician *should* attend, but I never said word one regarding Biden's personal motivation in this particular instance.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #55
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    "Playing Chess In A Park, Putting their feet up on subway seats, not wearing a seatbelt". Such dangerous criminals. Yet, I bet if an equal number of cops were as aggressively patrolling Wall Street, Astoria, or Breezy point, then "crime rates" would increase. You seem to be blind to the documented fact that cops were ordered to make more citations in areas dominated by minorities. You're a coward for dodging this point and you're making every excuse in the conservative talking points playbook to do so.
    Clearly, you fully support criminals and you want them to be undeterred in the conduct of their criminal lives. That's fine - you live "out west" and so aren't directly affected by black crime in many of America's largest cities. Those who are actually subjected to crime, specifically black crime, in America's largest cities overwhelmingly support the efforts of law enforcement officers to make their lives and their communities safer. And that includes the majority of law abiding black residents as well.

    Here's current polling data - what have you got?

    http://www.theroot.com/articles/cult...forcement.html
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #56
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I made no such claim. I challenge you to quote where I said, or implied, what Biden's motivation was.

    I spelled out why and when a higher-than-local politician *should* attend, but I never said word one regarding Biden's personal motivation in this particular instance.
    It's pointless to continue the discussion if you're unwilling to accept the meaning of the words you post yourself. Your original post to me was pretty clear in its acceptance of Biden's attendance as being non-political and somehow of national importance. I believe it was representative of the Obama administration's desperate attempt at covering their asses.

    In any event, have a good night and Happy New Year.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #57
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It's pointless to continue the discussion if you're unwilling to accept the meaning of the words you post yourself. Your original post to me was pretty clear in its acceptance of Biden's attendance as being non-political and somehow of national importance. I believe it was representative of the Obama administration's desperate attempt at covering their asses.

    In any event, have a good night and Happy New Year.
    In other words, you cannot point out any wording of mine that says... or implies... I said what you claimed I said. And you're too proud to suck it up and admit it.

    You are correct about one thing, it's pointless to continue. You have a good New Year, too.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I didn't intend that as criticism. I just meant that we all bring our own pre conceived ideas into the things we analyze so it's not like anything any of us says is any kind of surprise. You condemning the cops actions here was equally as foreseeable as me defending them. That's all.
    You don't find it surprising that I would have criticized Ferguson protesters had they protested at the funeral as well? Or is that you don't actually believe that I would have criticized the Ferguson protesters in that situation?

    I'd be curious about your reasoning in light of your full agreement with the Ferguson protestors.
    If there's no clear 'yes' or 'no' here, then I'm going to give a genuine answer.

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Easy to claim racism - it's what those with no credibility and no answers always do.

    Why do blacks suffer disproportionately in NYC from Stop, Question and Frisk? Because blacks disproportionately commit crimes in NYC.
    The percentage of Black people stopped greatly exceeded the percentage of Black criminals so that argument doesn't work. There's also the fact that, in the United States, we have a Constitution that protects people from racial discrimination so no matter how many racist White people like yourself want Black people to be treated like criminals everywhere they go, it's not legal to do so.

  10. #60
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Should de Blasio have Attended Officer Ramos Funeral?

    Uhhh yes... He is the Mayor.... But seriously! What the hell did he do!? Why is he being there, and speaking so controversial!? He did nothing wrong!


Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •