View Poll Results: Has superpower status made the US too arrogant?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    169 78.24%
  • No

    47 21.76%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 121

Thread: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

  1. #101
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,063

    Re: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    You asked for an example and when I give one you start moaning. Dang! You can't satisfy some people.
    Actually, you have given ZERO examples of the USA "imposing decadent values" onto others... Sawa is a radio station that people can not listen to. It plays music. I am sure it plays love songs in addition to more raunchy music, if it even plays that (knowing who the target audience I would doubt they are playing gangsta rap or slut music).

    SOME movies and music exported do not reflect our values and do not indicate that they are being imposed either... The USA is not an oppressive imposing nation actively creeping it's way into other societies. To think so is foolish. I live in another country, another fact that you ignored. The USA is not doing anything to impose values here. Sure, there is a Subway sandwich shop... does that indicate imposing values to you? The TV Station plays repeats of Friends... is that imposing values or showing a TV Show that people VOLUNTARILY watch?

    So basically, in addition to your movie analogy that is bogus, you radio station one isn't even conclusive of anything? Got it.

    DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING CONCLUSIVE? At this point you have an empty claim... good for you buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,063

    Re: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Moving right along, since I got the mike, I might as well rock the party. I'll ya how to do it!!!!

    Nicky Minaj is gross...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Actually, you have given ZERO examples of the USA "imposing decadent values" onto others... Sawa is a radio station that people can not listen to.
    No. It is an example. And that's the trouble with you people. You are so opposite, when I actually give an example, you instinctively have to reject it, even though it is valid. That's why it's useless giving examples to people like you because they are simply "anti" people. If you say anything, they will oppose it. If you tell them, you are not stupid, they will say, "yes I am stupid, it obvious I am stupid, and to suggest than I am not stupid, is stupid, so stop being stupid by suggesting that I am not stupid." That is the way they are.

    It is imposed. As soon as you broadcast it on the electromagnetic spectrum it is imposed. It cannot be taken off in the area over which it is being broadcast. And although it is indeed true that people do not have to listen, it is also most certainly true that the broadcast is there in the empiric, observable, physical sense because of it's existence in the electromagnetic spectrum and cannot be erased. Now that is cold fact, cold science slick. So you are wrong, it is indeed imposed. Not only that, by putting such songs on a website for the radio station, that is paid for by the US government, because the website is public media that can be accessed freely by someone on the internet. Again you may say no one is forced to go there, and that is true, however, one cannot take it off the internet either, so it is indeed being imposed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It plays music.
    Dang bro, you must be Einstein or something. Man, that was austute!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am sure it plays love songs in addition to more raunchy music, if it even plays that (knowing who the target audience I would doubt they are playing gangsta rap or slut music).
    I just showed you the type of music that is on their website. Dang Einstein. Catch up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    SOME movies and music exported do not reflect our values and do not indicate that they are being imposed either...
    If we are exporting them, we are imposing them. Not only that, if some country seeks to ban a movie, we will do everything to make sure it is played in the country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The USA is not an oppressive imposing nation actively creeping it's way into other societies. To think so is foolish.
    Yeah right. Tell that to the Iranians and the Russians. I'm sure they will big of a kick out of that one as I did. There was one president in South America, it may have been Correa. He said the only reason why there hasn't been a coup in the US is because there is no US embassy there! ROFLMAO!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I live in another country, another fact that you ignored.
    Yep, ignored that one because it does not mean anything. I knew some people that literally lived right around the corner from Ken Lay of Enron, one block away, in a cheap apartment complex. Guess what? The fact that they were that close to Ken Lay meant nothing in terms of knowing what Ken Lay did there. So it means nothing to say you live in another country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The USA is not doing anything to impose values here.
    The US is doing all it can to impose capitalist values all over the world. No place on the face of the Earth is exempt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Sure, there is a Subway sandwich shop... does that indicate imposing values to you?
    It is a symptom of the capitalist values that the US has imposed on the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The TV Station plays repeats of Friends... is that imposing values or showing a TV Show that people VOLUNTARILY watch?
    The fact that the TV station is playing it is again, a symptom of the capitalist values that the US has imposed on the world. I am sure you must realize that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    So basically, in addition to your movie analogy that is bogus, you radio station one isn't even conclusive of anything? Got it.
    I got that the US is indeed imposing values all around the world. Yep, got that one slick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING CONCLUSIVE? At this point you have an empty claim... good for you buddy.
    Well, that's the "anti" stuff in you that I was talking about at first.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

    Well since it's Saturday night, ya'll might is well sit back tight, cause I got the mike

    It's the playa from the Himalaya, with the fat sound from the underground, never let out down

    Cause we do it all night, do it right, make you feel outta site

    Put yo hands in the air, like you just don't care, fly it high, fly it low, go wit the flow, joe

    What's my name?



    Dang! I went into the wrong business!!!!

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

    See ya'll just don't know, I'm the baddest MC around! I clobber the competition. The KING REIGNS!!!!

    Just sit back a jam!!!!


  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

    Still rockin tha jams!


  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

    Non stop. Hit it wit a left, hit it wit a right!


  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

    Got something for everybody. This is for all the haters. You know who u r!

    This is all I got to say to ya


  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

    Yep. I'll make it real for all you haters. If it ain't about the money I ain't doing **** for ya!


  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has the superpower status made the US too arrogant?

    Here we go! Roll em!!!


Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •