View Poll Results: Separation of Education and state

Voters
674. You may not vote on this poll
  • Total separation from all levels of government. All education privatized.

    26 3.86%
  • Total separation except for cities.

    35 5.19%
  • Total separation except for counties.

    47 6.97%
  • Total separation except for cities and counties.

    51 7.57%
  • Total separation except for states.

    68 10.09%
  • Separation except for states and cities

    48 7.12%
  • Separation except for states and counties

    55 8.16%
  • Separation from federal government only.

    49 7.27%
  • No separation

    216 32.05%
  • Other (specify)

    79 11.72%
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 197

Thread: Separation of Education and State

  1. #1
    Educator ronpaulvoter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    627

    Separation of Education and State

    How do you feel about a separation of education and all levels of government. Would you prefer...

    1. A total separation.

    2. A partial separation.

    3. A guaranteed state-provided education for everybody.

    4. Something else (specify).

  2. #2
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: Separation of Education and State

    A libertarian fantasy that's akin to Communists pontificating on how to properly implement Marx.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Separation of Education and State

    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulvoter View Post
    How do you feel about a separation of education and all levels of government. Would you prefer...

    1. A total separation.

    2. A partial separation.

    3. A guaranteed state-provided education for everybody.

    4. Something else (specify).
    I would prefer no socialized schooling, whether city, county, state, or federal, since providing such schooling is dependent upon the initiation of aggression.
    Last edited by Federalist; 12-25-14 at 04:48 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Separation of Education and State

    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulvoter View Post
    How do you feel about a separation of education and all levels of government. Would you prefer...

    1. A total separation.

    2. A partial separation.

    3. A guaranteed state-provided education for everybody.

    4. Something else (specify).
    The government should provide vouchers for those schools which offer Catholic religious education. Insofar as this cannot be done due to secularist laws, it should provide vouchers for all schools.

  5. #5
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Separation of Education and State

    I see that the posters in this thread like the idea of living in a country full of uneducated people. If not a democratic government to ensure the quality and funding of education for all, then who?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Separation of Education and State

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    I see that the posters in this thread like the idea of living in a country full of uneducated people. If not a democratic government to ensure the quality and funding of education for all, then who?
    Have no idea how you got that out of my post.

    And while the state should fund it, they've done an absolutely lousy job at ensuring quality.

  7. #7
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Separation of Education and State

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    I would prefer no socialized schooling, whether city, county, state, or federal, since providing such schooling is dependent upon the initiation of aggression.
    You left out the tyranny and slavery buzzwords.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Separation of Education and State

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Have no idea how you got that out of my post.

    And while the state should fund it, they've done an absolutely lousy job at ensuring quality.
    Bold: This is part of the problem as I see it. It is also indicative of a larger problem in today's parental society.

    IMO ALL schools should be funded via federal and state taxes. I feel this because of a couple of reasons. 1st: Educating society at large ALWAYS leads to a better society. Provided that education is available to all equally. 2: Children ARE the future of not only this country but the entire world. Its plain D Stupid to not provide them an education.

    Now, back to the bold, it should not be up to the federal government to provide quality schooling. It should be the local people and in particular the PARENTS that ensure that their children get a quality education. The government should provide the outline. IE: Math, science, english, and basic history and learning place. They should also have a selection of books for each subject that communities can select from. Each subject having at least 200 books to select from, all written by private accredited authors and universities. None written by the government and all of them validated by accredited journals/institutions. Preferably by at least 10 separate such journals/institutions. Everything else should be up to the parents and community to make sure their local school has what is needed. IE: The government should not be allowed to dictate every single thing in any and all given subject/s. If this was done it would prevent indoctrination by the government.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Separation of Education and State

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Bold: This is part of the problem as I see it. It is also indicative of a larger problem in today's parental society.

    IMO ALL schools should be funded via federal and state taxes. I feel this because of a couple of reasons. 1st: Educating society at large ALWAYS leads to a better society. Provided that education is available to all equally. 2: Children ARE the future of not only this country but the entire world. Its plain D Stupid to not provide them an education.

    Now, back to the bold, it should not be up to the federal government to provide quality schooling. It should be the local people and in particular the PARENTS that ensure that their children get a quality education. The government should provide the outline. IE: Math, science, english, and basic history and learning place. They should also have a selection of books for each subject that communities can select from. Each subject having at least 200 books to select from, all written by private accredited authors and universities. None written by the government and all of them validated by accredited journals/institutions. Preferably by at least 10 separate such journals/institutions. Everything else should be up to the parents and community to make sure their local school has what is needed. IE: The government should not be allowed to dictate every single thing in any and all given subject/s. If this was done it would prevent indoctrination by the government.
    I think vouchers would be better than giving the schools money directly.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Separation of Education and State

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I think vouchers would be better than giving the schools money directly.
    Depending on the voucher program vouchers only last for so long and then the parent has to start paying directly. The other problem is that such a voucher program assumes that there is a min/max amount to educate children. Plain fact of the matter is that each child differs in their ability and learning ability. Some may cost more, some may cost less.

    That said, I think I have a better solution than either vouchers OR giving money to schools directly. Instead require that each school have a group that is elected and is totally made up of parents who have children in the school that they are representing. No one else may be a part of this council. If the school needs money they have to request it from this "council". This council also requisitions money from the government for general upkeep and for any supplies needed. (teachers no longer have to pay for supplies). There's a bit more to this but I've got to go...dinner is almost ready and it smells GOOOOOOOOOD!
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •