View Poll Results: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

Voters
621. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    34 5.48%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im not American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    308 49.60%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    173 27.86%
  • Im not American, no.

    90 14.49%
Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 720

Thread: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contr to the deaths of 2 Police officers? [W:68, W:433]

  1. #701
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You aren't a professional forensics examiner, and the ones that testified said they only way this blood from the dead thug got inside the police vehicle, as well as the only way powder residue got on his dominant arm was because he was in the vehicle. The rest of the shots took place at a much further range where powder residue would not be seen.

    The Zimmerman case was spot on, as was this-even if your preconceived notions dont fit-and the grand jury agreed.
    Again the Zimmerman case was a travesty. What reason did he have to attack the kid? None. If anything martin was the one that could have used stand your ground.

    As I said it could have also gotten there when the shot was fired and he was putting his hands up.

    Furthermore he wasn't justified in shooting him the last times, all witness testimony (except 40, who was discredited) said brown did not charge.

    Also the prosecution botched the whole thing.

    The right was the one calling to let the cop go before any evidence was released. The left called for a FAIR trial, which is not what happened. Who has those preconceived notions again?

  2. #702
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Again the Zimmerman case was a travesty. What reason did he have to attack the kid? None. If anything martin was the one that could have used stand your ground.

    As I said it could have also gotten there when the shot was fired and he was putting his hands up.

    Furthermore he wasn't justified in shooting him the last times, all witness testimony (except 40, who was discredited) said brown did not charge.

    Also the prosecution botched the whole thing.

    The right was the one calling to let the cop go before any evidence was released. The left called for a FAIR trial, which is not what happened. Who has those preconceived notions again?
    The wound was sustained AFTER he had punched a cop and was leaning into the cops car trying to get his gun-I'd expect the cop to defend himself in that situation. The wounds, regardless of what witnesses say, show Brown was moving towards the cop, and that he was junched over like a football player as he was moving. The guy weighed over 300 lbs, had already tried to kill the cop, and was coming back again-the shoot was justified and the grand jury findings back that up.

    And no trial was found needed because the overwhelming evidence for the cop and against the dead thug.

    Why do you rush to defend criminals and thugs? Who do you think you are helping? Does it make you feel better?

  3. #703
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The wound was sustained AFTER he had punched a cop and was leaning into the cops car trying to get his gun-I'd expect the cop to defend himself in that situation. The wounds, regardless of what witnesses say, show Brown was moving towards the cop, and that he was junched over like a football player as he was moving. The guy weighed over 300 lbs, had already tried to kill the cop, and was coming back again-the shoot was justified and the grand jury findings back that up.
    So claims the cop, but the witness's do not back that story.

    Furthermore if a cop grabbed me and tried to choke me, I would probably punch him as well.

    Actually all the wound says (your talking about the one in the top of his skull) is he was hunched over, probably because he had just been shot in the gut. Again your examining forensic evidence in a vacuum, and not even close to accurately this time.

    And no trial was found needed because the overwhelming evidence for the cop and against the dead thug.
    Snarf overwhelming evidence, funny...

    Also almost all of the evidence shouldn't have even been heard that day, its not the standard format for a prosecutor to call a witness (not to mention a slew of them) at such a preceding.

    Why do you rush to defend criminals and thugs? Who do you think you are helping? Does it make you feel better?
    Because I want a fair and just police system and courts, which I know we do not have? Why do you rush to defend murderers?

    Why do you keep calling brown a thug? He committed shoplifting, and was enrolled in school. He had no arrest record, and was a kid. Does that make you a "thug" nowadays? I wish it did because the world would be much nicer, but it certainly does not.

    And why do you not want to talk about Zimmerman? You brought it up, could it be because that case was even more obvious bs?

  4. #704
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    So claims the cop, but the witness's do not back that story.

    Furthermore if a cop grabbed me and tried to choke me, I would probably punch him as well.

    Actually all the wound says (your talking about the one in the top of his skull) is he was hunched over, probably because he had just been shot in the gut. Again your examining forensic evidence in a vacuum, and not even close to accurately this time.



    Snarf overwhelming evidence, funny...

    Also almost all of the evidence shouldn't have even been heard that day, its not the standard format for a prosecutor to call a witness (not to mention a slew of them) at such a preceding.



    Because I want a fair and just police system and courts, which I know we do not have? Why do you rush to defend murderers?

    Why do you keep calling brown a thug? He committed shoplifting, and was enrolled in school. He had no arrest record, and was a kid. Does that make you a "thug" nowadays? I wish it did because the world would be much nicer, but it certainly does not.

    And why do you not want to talk about Zimmerman? You brought it up, could it be because that case was even more obvious bs?
    Not the cops claim-the forensics experts said that. Are you aware that this was not a jury trial? It sounds like you are unfamiliar with the role and techniques of a grand jury.

    And no-the cop was not a murderer, he justifiably defended himself and thats what it expected of him. You pick the wrong hills to make a stand on.

  5. #705
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Not the cops claim-the forensics experts said that. Are you aware that this was not a jury trial? It sounds like you are unfamiliar with the role and techniques of a grand jury.
    It was the cops claim to, and I do not buy that the forensic experts where impartial. Furthermore they never should have seen the stand regardless.

    It is you who does not seem to understand what a grand jury does, let alone how it usually goes. There is almost never testimony.

    And no-the cop was not a murderer, he justifiably defended himself and thats what it expected of him. You pick the wrong hills to make a stand on.
    No he's a murder plain and simple. He should have at least stood trial, and hopefully they will at least hold the prosecutor responsible for his reprehensible actions, and doj will bring Wilson up on their own charges.

    Your the one defending a murder...

  6. #706
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    It was the cops claim to, and I do not buy that the forensic experts where impartial. Furthermore they never should have seen the stand regardless.

    It is you who does not seem to understand what a grand jury does, let alone how it usually goes. There is almost never testimony.



    No he's a murder plain and simple. He should have at least stood trial, and hopefully they will at least hold the prosecutor responsible for his reprehensible actions, and doj will bring Wilson up on their own charges.

    Your the one defending a murder...
    Thank you for demonstrating your irrationality. Facts dont matter to you.

  7. #707
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thank you for demonstrating your irrationality. Facts dont matter to you.
    Ha!

    Go look in the mirror dude...

  8. #708
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    It's more reliable because it is a massively syndicated source, and furthermore they at least tell you where the information came from, as apposed to that no name blog post.

    These arguments where right ten years ago, and are still right now. The nytimes article is from 2013 so I dunno why your saying its a out of date argument... I have no idea what your talking about when you say I am behind, unless you mean I am behind on bs right wing talking points, that do not line up with facts, or make sense...

    Your just wrong. They make higher paying jobs for Americans

    from the nytimes article


    The answer to fixing the job market is at least regulating capitalism, or preferably implementing socialism where everything is owned by the people through various forms of coops. Stopping illegal aliens will do nothing for the job market, as nobody wants these jobs. It would make it much harder for the average family to live, because food prices would skyrocket. 77% of farm workers are not native born, most of them are illegals, what would we do without them? The answer is out source food from other country's. This would result in american farmers loosing there jobs, less healthy/fresh food, and a even more unstable food system.
    First, migrant labor in farming has never been an issue. It's a well established practice, and wasn't an issue until it was perverted by the influx of illegal aliens who come here to exploit this country. Why you've gotten stuck on farming is beyond me.

    Second, the article I posted contained sources as well, so your immediate dismissal of it does not add to your credibility. However, let's consider the NY Times article you linked.

    Illegal immigration does have some undeniably negative economic effects. Similarly skilled native-born workers are faced with a choice of either accepting lower pay or not working in the field at all. Labor economists have concluded that undocumented workers have lowered the wages of U.S. adults without a high-school diploma 25 million of them by anywhere between 0.4 to 7.4 percent.

    Of course, the fact you're staking a claim on one guy from UC Davis makes your claims all the more laughable.

    It's evident you have a singular opinion about the illegal aliens who have done so much harm to the US Economy, education, safety, and health care. All facts will be dismissed by you, so I will leave you to your fantasy.

  9. #709
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    01-09-15 @ 12:05 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contr to the deaths of 2 Police officers? [W:68, W:433

    I'm an American, voted NO.

    And, an overwhelming number of right-leaning Americans voted No: Al Sharpton doesn't have blood on his hands.

    We the level-headed on the right and on the left see things for what they are.

    When even black and Latino police complain about the undesirable behaviors infecting the police, the gig is up.

    When the Ferguson prosecutor admits knowing that witnesses lied, the gig is up.

    When Giuliani lied about President Obama and Mayor Bill de Blasio after both of them had denounced violence before the police were killed, the gig is up.

    Pundits who blame Al Sharpton don't care for truth, instead they defend all cops instead of only the good cops, so as to keep the rotten cops in uniform.

    ("A lie can travel halfway round the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." -- Mark Twain)

    Good cops outnumber bad cops, yet all it takes for the rotten cops to triumph is for the good cops to do nothing.

    We're going to have to find a way to join with the good police and good prosecutors to do something about the rotten ones in the system before they rot it past a point of no return.

  10. #710
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    First, migrant labor in farming has never been an issue. It's a well established practice, and wasn't an issue until it was perverted by the influx of illegal aliens who come here to exploit this country. Why you've gotten stuck on farming is beyond me.
    Because without these farmers we are all screwed.

    Second, the article I posted contained sources as well, so your immediate dismissal of it does not add to your credibility. However, let's consider the NY Times article you linked.
    Yea it had sources. Extraordinarily biased ones. Don't really count...

    Illegal immigration does have some undeniably negative economic effects. Similarly skilled native-born workers are faced with a choice of either accepting lower pay or not working in the field at all. Labor economists have concluded that undocumented workers have lowered the wages of U.S. adults without a high-school diploma 25 million of them by anywhere between 0.4 to 7.4 percent.
    But they raised everyone else's, added money to ss, and support the economy through their cheap labour... Its true it does hurt those without diplomas. But there is a net gain for the overall pop.

    Of course, the fact you're staking a claim on one guy from UC Davis makes your claims all the more laughable.
    Bs.

    Im basing it on common sense and nonbiased researching it for years. I doubt you can say the same.

    It's evident you have a singular opinion about the illegal aliens who have done so much harm to the US Economy, education, safety, and health care. All facts will be dismissed by you, so I will leave you to your fantasy.
    You still have yet to prove how they harmed the economy (they help it) or healthcare (again they put in way more then they take out)

    How do they damage safety? That's just silly...

    Education could really go either way. They put in money for things like tax id's (like the guy in the article I posted) so although they may not be paying property tax, they do contribute taxes....


    Your the one in a conservative lala land that's to blind or biased to admit without them food prices would skyrocket and we would all e screwed.

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •