View Poll Results: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

Voters
621. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    34 5.48%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im not American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    308 49.60%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    173 27.86%
  • Im not American, no.

    90 14.49%
Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 720

Thread: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contr to the deaths of 2 Police officers? [W:68, W:433]

  1. #661
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Hilariously untrue.

    So you think if they where white they would have been attacked in this vicious manner? I think not...

    Thinking factually is not racist... Actually thinking its not a racial issue is kinda racist... Its to deny the problems minorities disproportionately have with police every day.

    FYI garner was not shot, he was choked to the point of fibrillation. He said "I can't breathe" 17 times, and its on video. I don't care what he did, that's brutality. Plus it ain't like he was running, he was trying to talk to em...
    First off, you just made a racist statement. Their skin color had nothing to do with anything. They broke the law...hell, Brown even tried to disarm and kill a cop!!! The fact that you think there's somehow a race issue is insane.

  2. #662
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    First off, you just made a racist statement. Their skin color had nothing to do with anything. They broke the law...hell, Brown even tried to disarm and kill a cop!!! The fact that you think there's somehow a race issue is insane.
    Hilarious. Their skin color has to do with the way police mistreat them. There is nothing racist about stating that FACT.

    The witness evidence says brown did not go for the gun. It also says the officer was harassing and assaulting him for no reason.

    The race issue comes in when the police start assaulting people before talking to them, as they did in both instances. They do not do this to whites. Breaking the law is irrelevant to the conversation.

    For example, here in philly a few years back three young black men where beaten savagely by PPD. They had just shot somebody. They where already handcuffed though, and beaten in the street by 10 or 15 officers for 10 or 15 minutes. Is this sort of police behavior OK just because they broke the law? Absolutely not.

    Most black people would call you racist for saying there is no race issue...

  3. #663
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Hilarious. Their skin color has to do with the way police mistreat them. There is nothing racist about stating that FACT.

    The witness evidence says brown did not go for the gun. It also says the officer was harassing and assaulting him for no reason.

    The race issue comes in when the police start assaulting people before talking to them, as they did in both instances. They do not do this to whites. Breaking the law is irrelevant to the conversation.

    For example, here in philly a few years back three young black men where beaten savagely by PPD. They had just shot somebody. They where already handcuffed though, and beaten in the street by 10 or 15 officers for 10 or 15 minutes. Is this sort of police behavior OK just because they broke the law? Absolutely not.

    Most black people would call you racist for saying there is no race issue...
    You are calling this man a racist police officer, that's what you're saying? How well do you know Wilson?

    Also, you asked why Al Sharpton is racist? When he makes statements such as this:
    “White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." -- Al Sharpton

    25 Examples of Liberal Racism in Quotes - John Hawkins - Page full!

    This man is a bigot. Anyone who believes any of this is race-related is bigoted, as this was about thugs breaking the law.

  4. #664
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    You are calling this man a racist police officer, that's what you're saying? How well do you know Wilson?

    Also, you asked why Al Sharpton is racist? When he makes statements such as this:
    “White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." -- Al Sharpton

    25 Examples of Liberal Racism in Quotes - John Hawkins - Page full!

    This man is a bigot. Anyone who believes any of this is race-related is bigoted, as this was about thugs breaking the law.
    All police are racist. They are racist against anything not blue. In philly they arrest way more blacks for small amounts of weed than whites, even though whites smoke just as much.

    Yes sharpton said some crazy things back in the day, that does not make him a bigot. And to a extent what he's saying is true. Black people where building pyramids when whites where just getting west...

    He is bigoted against gays, but that's fairly irrelevant to a race discussion. And furthermore so are most of the cons calling him a bigot.

    And based on where Wilson is from, the fact he took money from the KKK, and the police department he is part of, you can rest assure he is at least a little racist, and probably allot.

  5. #665
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    I got to call you out US Conservative. Where does Al Sharpton go around directly calling for the deaths of police officers over this year of 2014? And you're incorrect about Jared Loughner being a leftist. As a matter of fact it appears that he leaned more to the right of political thinking. LINK
    I dont think anyone cares whom you feel you need to call out but in any case I did not say he directly called for the deaths, and worded the op and the poll question accordingly. Please feel free to read them.

  6. #666
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Hilarious. Their skin color has to do with the way police mistreat them. There is nothing racist about stating that FACT.

    The witness evidence says brown did not go for the gun. It also says the officer was harassing and assaulting him for no reason.
    Its remarkable to me that you don't even know the basic facts of the case you are going on and on again about. Many witnesses are discredited, and they are a notoriously poor bit of evidence (obviously), but the hard forensic evidence places brown leaning into the car with his hand near the officers gun.

    In the sunshine-liberal story of the shooting, there is no way that could have happened. In reality there is, there is.

  7. #667
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Hilarious. Their skin color has to do with the way police mistreat them. There is nothing racist about stating that FACT.

    The witness evidence says brown did not go for the gun. It also says the officer was harassing and assaulting him for no reason.
    Its remarkable to me that you don't even know the basic facts of the case you are going on and on again about. Many witnesses are discredited, and they are a notoriously poor bit of evidence (obviously), but the hard forensic evidence places brown leaning into the car with his hand near the officers gun.

    In the sunshine-liberal story of the shooting, there is no way that could have happened. In reality there is, there is.

  8. #668
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    The really sad thing about this is that Sharpton, Jackson, and even Holder exist as the only visible alternatives to the New Black Panther Party as leaders in the discussion of race relations in this country. There are more reasonable and less self-serving voices out there - they're just refused the media platform the above mentioned people enjoy.
    I'm becoming very interested in what Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke has to say.


  9. #669
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    And what was that?

    Shooting an unarmed black man. Then the community reaction to that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #670
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Its certainly more reliable than some random blog no one has ever heard of, and at least they cite their sources...

    You just make my point even more with those zero rebuttals, probably because you have nothing credible behind yours...

    I love how all you have is insults with no substance or coroboratable fact, the right has pulled the left to the center, their is no leftism any more really...

    Haha yea right I'm the indoctrinated one... In reality I don't like either party, I just know the dems are the slightly less evil...
    LOL

    The NY Times is more reliable, just because you say so? If you hadn't heard of this "random blog" how do you know it isn't reliable?

    Do you read your posts? Consider the above. That makes no sense.

    Your problem is you are presenting arguments that are at least 10 years old. You are way behind the debate on illegal aliens.

    When the minority communities demand something be done about jobs, they should knock on President Obama's door and ask him to explain why he screwed over the Black Community when he sold them out to illegal aliens who have taken their jobs, and now can do it legally.

Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •