View Poll Results: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

Voters
621. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    34 5.48%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im not American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    308 49.60%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    173 27.86%
  • Im not American, no.

    90 14.49%
Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 720

Thread: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contr to the deaths of 2 Police officers? [W:68, W:433]

  1. #441
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,840

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes, many activists groups are taking up the hashtag of #Blacklivesmatter and one could say that "Black Lives Matter" could be the name of the movement.

    That doesn't mean that everyone making reference to or supporting said hashtag are the same group or are all directly working together on each and everything they do.

    Many activist groups took up the notion of the "Tea Party", giving rise to the "Tea Party" movement.

    Many of those various groups at times worked together, or people who belonged to one group may've showed up at a different groups rally if they were near by. However....an event hosted by FreedomWorks, which Tea Party Express had no hand in organizing/promoting/leading, could not rightfully and honestly be claimed to have been led by "The tea party express".

    Al Sharptons NAN making reference to, using the hashtag of, or supporting the movement "Black Lives Matter" does not mean Al Sharpton and NAN are involved in every single protest, part of every single group, and responsble for every single act of others who also reference/use/support the "Black Lives Matter" movement.

    For someone to push such a ridiculous and illogical argument would be to suggest that the leaders of the various Tea Party groups are responsible for calls to lynch President Obama because a protester at a tea party event at some time made such a call, and apparently any leader of any group that ever did anything related to the "tea party" is thereby "leading" or "responsible" or "supporting" that action.
    You have grass roots tea party groups and you have national groups like Tea Party Express. You have grass roots activist groups involved in Brown/Garner protests and you have national activist groups like the Urban League Inc. NAACP and National Action Network, The New Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, Rainbow Coalition, etc. who are networking with all the grass roots groups such as Ferguson Action. Whoever the leaders of this movement are, they are very well funded to give assistance to many grass roots organizations to show up where they need them often on a work day for many.

  2. #442
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Yes I remember all that. I remember how you failed miserably to avoid the obvious. Perhaps you could buy a clue and get further down the road. Clearly you've been owned on this, as it's quite obvious there is some form of organization behind the website and the people coordinating it's activities. I guess there are some who think such things just magically appear out of the vapors of space and materialize out of thin air.
    So little understanding of how social networking works, so little understanding of how modern activism works. It literally costs less than 100 dollars for people to put together a website and even less to host it for a year. The work that actually went into the website was donated. The fact that 3-4 people organized to build the website does not make them an organization in the legal sense or otherwise. Hell, the fact that your first post showed that #blacklivesmatter is and always has been considered a movement is pretty indicative of just how wrong you are. Now, if you've got nothing else to contribute other than the same old routine proclaiming you won an argument when you completely destroyed your own assertions about what I knew/didn't know, my suggestion is you move along.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #443
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You have grass roots tea party groups and you have national groups like Tea Party Express. You have grass roots activist groups involved in Brown/Garner protests and you have national activist groups like the Urban League Inc. NAACP and National Action Network, The New Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, Rainbow Coalition, etc. who are networking with all the grass roots groups such as Ferguson Action. Whoever the leaders of this movement are, they are very well funded to give assistance to many grass roots organizations to show up where they need them often on a work day for many.
    Question: Can Al Sharpton be sued for what happened in Mall of America?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #444
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,840

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Question: Can Al Sharpton be sued for what happened in Mall of America?
    I don't know, was his organizers on behalf of NAN those who organized the event and were told not to do so inside the mall?

  5. #445
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You have grass roots tea party groups and you have national groups like Tea Party Express. You have grass roots activist groups involved in Brown/Garner protests and you have national activist groups like the Urban League Inc. NAACP and National Action Network, The New Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, Rainbow Coalition, etc. who are networking with all the grass roots groups such as Ferguson Action.
    Correct. And the Tea Party Patriots. And FreedomWorks. And Americans for Prosperity (not sure why you decided to name just ONE national group for the tea party but rattled off half a dozen for Black Lives Matter.

    And you like the Black Lives Matters movement groups, both local and nationally, you had national and local tea party groups ALSO networking.

    All you're doing at this point is repeating what I've already said.

    Yes, there are many groups involved in the Black Lives Matter movement (similar to the tea party). Every leader of every group involved in the black lives matter movement is not responsible for the events hosted by, the things said by, or the actions taken by every other group that's part of the movement...they're responsible for things the group they lead does.

    If The Millions March NYC coalition (A local level black lives matter group) hosts an event under the auspices of the Black Lives Matter movement, that does not mean that Al Sharpton or the NAN are ALSO hosting THAT EVENT simply because they themselves are hosting an entirely different event completely seperate from the MMNYC that also happens to be under teh auspices of the Black Lives Matter movement.

    Just like if the South Colorado Patriots Club (A local level Tea Party group) hosts a rally under the auspices of the Tea Party, that does not mean that Howard Kaloogian or the Tea Party express are ALSO hosting THAT EVENT simply because they themselves are hosting a different event in a different location completely seperate from the SCPC's event that happens to also be under the auspices of the Tea Party movement.

  6. #446
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So little understanding of how social networking works, so little understanding of how modern activism works. It literally costs less than 100 dollars for people to put together a website and even less to host it for a year. The work that actually went into the website was donated. The fact that 3-4 people organized to build the website does not make them an organization in the legal sense or otherwise. Hell, the fact that your first post showed that #blacklivesmatter is and always has been considered a movement is pretty indicative of just how wrong you are. Now, if you've got nothing else to contribute other than the same old routine proclaiming you won an argument when you completely destroyed your own assertions about what I knew/didn't know, my suggestion is you move along.
    I'm not wrong. I guess the group organizing the marches, and maintaining content had better get some more donations flowing, because they just might get a world of legal hurt raining down on them as they encourage more to join their group and inflict economic harm on innocent people just trying to keep their children fed and clothed. Amazing you don't hold the same values toward innocent children.

    Regardless, it's your choice to remain uninformed. I guess it's difficult to admit your had it wrong when it's so critical to appearances to think you have it right.

    Again, Merry Christmas! May the spirit of the season bring all that you deserve in life.

  7. #447
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I'm not wrong.
    Your first post addressing me shows different. Remember how you claimed it was a group, and then the link said it was a movement?

    I guess the group organizing the marches, and maintaining content had better get some more donations flowing, because they just might get a world of legal hurt raining down on them as they encourage more to join their group and inflict economic harm on innocent people just trying to keep their children fed and clothed.


    I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #448
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your first post addressing me shows different. Remember how you claimed it was a group, and then the link said it was a movement?





    I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover.
    Come now Hat. You don't need to get so desperate in your attempt to avoid having to admit you're wrong that your clutching at straws now. It's a group/organization with marketing, communication, coordination, and infrastructure sufficient to maintain and coordinate activities. Exactly the type of thing a posse of lawyers would attack and bury.

    No need to continue standing behind this line in the sand in the sand you've drawn Hat. You're wrong on this. It happens to all of us.

    Peace be unto you in this glorious season.

  9. #449
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Come now Hat. You don't need to get so desperate in your attempt to avoid having to admit you're wrong
    Sigh, first post you addressed me, you got it wrong. Remember the first line, first paragraph thing? What did it say? My memory is hazy.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #450
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Sigh, first post you addressed me, you got it wrong. Remember the first line, first paragraph thing? What did it say? My memory is hazy.
    It says what it says. Sorry, I'm too lazy to go back and rehash you're errors in judgment again.


Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •