View Poll Results: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

Voters
621. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    34 5.48%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im not American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    308 49.60%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    173 27.86%
  • Im not American, no.

    90 14.49%
Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 720

Thread: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contr to the deaths of 2 Police officers? [W:68, W:433]

  1. #321
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers? [W

    I voted "yes", but it isn't that simple.

    I feel Sharpton on a moral level shares part of the blame for those murders, but not from a legal standpoint. The reason I say that is because he stoked the fires of racial anger and did so under false pretenses. He went to Ferguson and instead of being the voice of reason and telling the community to wait until all the facts were known, he willingly embraced the unsubstantiated, unproved (and ultimately false) "racist cop kills unarmed black teen" narrative and encouraged black people to take to the streets. Thanks to him, people across America falsely believe that the catch they've heard and seen from politicians, athletes and celebrities "Hand up, don't shoot" has some basis in fact, when it doesn't. It has led to a lot of racial animosity, hatred and anger toward police across the country for doing something that they never did.

    What makes matters worse is, even after the facts were known, Sharpton never set the record straight and continued to encourage people to take to the streets and voice their anger.

    He is a leader in the black community who for some unknown reason, is listened to and revered by black people across America. With leadership comes power, and with power comes responsibility. Al Sharpton acted irresponsibly and abused that power, and in my opinion that makes him partly responsible for not only the murder of those 2 policemen, but responsible for the millions of dollars in damages and lives that were ruined in Ferguson.

  2. #322
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,734

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers? [W

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Al Sharpton's race hustling and poverty pimping are long known and he's a frequent guest to the Obama whitehouse, but in recent days Sharpton led a rally in NYC where "What Do We Want?… Dead Cops!” was shouted. As we know, two of NYPD's finest were executed by a man who may be an islamist. The two cops weren't even white-just cops.





    Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?
    Al Sharpton is a bottom feeder who's done nothing to improve any situation he bitches about.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  3. #323
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,483

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats how it works with a leftist in the whitehouse.


    The Obama White House at least....
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    His rhetoric advocated dead cops, do you disagree?
    Yes. Provide the quote from Sharpton or you are lying.

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    You mean the Sharpton-led protest he wasn't present at and wasn't organized by his group? Why continue to perpetuate that lie?
    Repeat a lie often enough and some people will believe it.

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post


    I think most people would be happy if police served and protected the community, wore body cameras, and were better trained. The debate could even go into the area of the militarization of our police forces, and the government turning arrest and imprisionment into a for-profit industry, but in the Fox News clips posted in the OP, the discussion was instead focused on provoking racial division and fear.

    The story is going to go away in a few weeks, and all your fears of cops walking off their jobs will be gone too...
    Just like their Ebola in the USA panic.

  7. #327
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I noticed you didn't answer my question. We can leave it at that because we both know the answer.
    The answer is that you are wrong and reinoe is correct. He basically destroyed your position that the guy who shot Giffords was a leftist and you have no response.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    If I remember correctly, Bill Ayres wife Bernardine Dohrn killed/murdered a cop. Must be a left wing thing to kill cops.

    Bernadette Dohrn, Bill Ayers and the bomb that killed a cop

    Bernardine Dohrn - Discover the Networks

    Bill Ayers - Discover the Networks
    Those incidents were over 40 years ago. Meanwhile...

    "...since 9/11 extremists affiliated with a variety of far-right wing ideologies, including white supremacists, anti-abortion extremists and anti-government militants, have killed more people in the United States than have extremists motivated by al Qaeda's ideology. According to a count by the New America Foundation, right wing extremists have killed 34 people in the United States for political reasons since 9/11. (The total includes the latest shootings in Kansas, which are being classified as a hate crime).
    "Since 9/11 extremists affiliated with a variety of far-right wing ideologies...have killed more people in the United States than have extremists motivated by al Qaeda's ideology."

    By contrast, terrorists motivated by al Qaeda's ideology have killed 21 people in the United States since 9/11.

    (Although a variety of left wing militants and environmental extremists have carried out violent attacks for political reasons against property and individuals since 9/11, none have been linked to a lethal attack, according to research by the New America Foundation..."
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/14/opinio...nsas-shooting/

    "Below is a list of some of the right-wing extremist terror plots and violence from recent years.

    July 27, 2008

    Unemployed truck driver Jim David Adkisson opens fire on the congregation of a Unitarian Church in Knoxville, Tennessee, killing two people and seriously wounding six. Adkisson tells police he targeted the congregation because its members included gay men and mixed-race couples. ...

    March 9, 2011

    Kevin William Harpham is charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and receiving and possessing an improvised explosive device in relation to the attempted bombing of an Martin Luther King Day parade. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, Harpham was previously a member of the National Alliance, an infamous neo-Nazi organization although it's unclear whether he's still a card-carrying member.

    An individual identifying himself Kevin Harpham made several posting on the anti-Semitic website Vanguard News Network, including a March 2008 post to a VNN discussion titled, "Violent Revolution Against ZOG." [ZOG stands for "Zionist Occupied Government.]

    (More here)
    Lone Wolves: A Recent History of Violent Right-Wing Extremism | Blog | Media Matters for America
    Last edited by Zyphlin; 12-23-14 at 04:15 PM. Reason: fair use

  9. #329
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Judging by the number of votes our left wing friends posted its look like they got out of the site and voted over and over again anonymously. Its sad they would stoop so low as to do that. It looks like the actual no votes was 6 not l02.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #330
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,212

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Judging by the number of votes our left wing friends posted its look like they got out of the site and voted over and over again anonymously. Its sad they would stoop so low as to do that.
    Haha! This sounds like a serious case of projection. Have often have you done that in the past?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •